Groups

ANyone else own an IPad Mini 2 Retina and miffed about recent price drops?

So £659 last year afford the 128GB + Cellular and now you can get them for £359 at Currys! So mines now only worth about £300 second hand, so 65% depreciation. So much for apple products holding their value!

15 Comments

That's what happens when new models are released. £300 is still a pretty good price given what other non-Apple hardware is worth after a year.

Banned

You haven't died though so it was a good year.

Banned

have you not had £659 worth of use out of it in that time?

Banned

It will stay at that level for at least the next year and won't drop too much after because of the paltry Mini 3, so don't feel too down about it.

If you were happy to pay the price whats different now, unless you plan to sell?

Banned

That's what happens? Sure it's annoying but how many products does that apply to. Like I myself, wait till items drop to an appropriate price however I know it'll end up being lower but such is life!

That's what usually happens with electronics, a newer version comes out and the price drops. Also the higher capacity models tend to take the biggest depreciation hit.

Only 65% depreciation on an electronic gadget after 12 months, I'd be jumping for joy.....

Is this your first time buying an electronic device new? Tech drops in value the second you buy it.

BigDave

That's what happens when new models are released. £300 is still a pretty … That's what happens when new models are released. £300 is still a pretty good price given what other non-Apple hardware is worth after a year.

What non-Apple hardware costs £660 in the first place?

Banned

moob

What non-Apple hardware costs £660 in the first place?

playbook 64gb was around that when it came out

Original Poster

Comment

whatsThePoint

have you not had £659 worth of use out of it in that time?

Haha I wish! I had hope to upgrade and get the 3 but Apple decided to add....a fingerprint ID. So instead of selling I'm stuck with it. Oh well, just abit disappointig as have had an iPad 2,3,4 and not lost too much between them ~100 when selling which was not bad.

Original Poster

Comment

GoatzRus

Is this your first time buying an electronic device new? Tech drops in … Is this your first time buying an electronic device new? Tech drops in value the second you buy it.

Hehe nope. But Apple usually* hold their value quite well. Or should I say, not drop by such a significant loss! I sold a macbook that was 6yrs old and lost £100 per year. Which was not bad as still got £300 for it considered.

glad i got the mac book air then

What you need to do is buy another nine of them from Curry's at £359. Then you will have ten which only cost an average of £389. You won't feel so bad then.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Android Box539
      2. Fitted Sheet55
      3. Good Sim only deals??45
      4. Virgin Media when moving house44

See more discussions