Groups

Anyone else suffer with noisy neighbours

Fed up our neighbours are having another party just fed up with it i have been to the council but they never take any notice.

58 Comments

also known as students by any chance?? thats what we have on one side so they vary from year to year, some are well behaved some are awful

Try the police

yep i have same problem loud music all the time but i got a louder surround sound than him so i always win lol

Original Poster

Called the police they said its a council problem,we will be up till at least 3am so fed up with it.

I have a dog thats been yapping for the last 2 hours driving me mad.

jakesdaddy

Called the police they said its a council problem,we will be up till at … Called the police they said its a council problem,we will be up till at least 3am so fed up with it.

surely its breach of the peace or sumthign like that.. police can definately be called for loud music and partying late at night

Banned

go round the council offices and pump music out see if they come help you then

joeprosho

surely its breach of the peace or sumthign like that.. police can … surely its breach of the peace or sumthign like that.. police can definately be called for loud music and partying late at night

Yeah after 11pm and not before 7am are you not meant to make a noise

Call environmental health in the morning - it's their responsibility to regulate noisy neighbours etc - we had to monitor ours for 3 months at our old place, keeping a diary etc, but it worked and they sorted them out eventually.

joeprosho

surely its breach of the peace or sumthign like that.. police can … surely its breach of the peace or sumthign like that.. police can definately be called for loud music and partying late at night

No. No no no.

angelfairee

No. No no no.

why have i been at parties where police have rocked up because of the noise then?

Original Poster

nanny2three

I have a dog thats been yapping for the last 2 hours driving me mad.

weve got that as well,i sympathise with you.

joeprosho

why have i been at parties where police have rocked up because of the … why have i been at parties where police have rocked up because of the noise then?

The police can be called, try them at this time. Just put an anonymous phone call in, saying the neighbours are being noisy. I bet they come round. (At this time they can't give you the answer of.. Get in touch with the council)

Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 20th Apr 2011

joeprosho

why have i been at parties where police have rocked up because of the … why have i been at parties where police have rocked up because of the noise then?

Did you trash the house at said party that was probably advertised to the world on Facebook?

1. Contact Environmental Health at your local council and register a noise complaint
    2. Keep a noise diary - when it happens, how long it goes on for, what kind of noise it is
    3. Submit it to Environmental Health
    4. Persist

Environmental Health have the powers to deal with noisy neighbours/parties etc. Not the police.
    If you or your neighbour are in a council property, consider contacting the housing association.
    Not sure which police force you will come under but they should let you log incidents for information only so that you can collect incident numbers to support your case with Environmental Health.

angelfairee

Did you trash the house at said party that was probably advertised to the … Did you trash the house at said party that was probably advertised to the world on Facebook?1. Contact Environmental Health at your local council and register a noise complaint2. Keep a noise diary - when it happens, how long it goes on for, what kind of noise it is3. Submit it to Environmental Health4. PersistEnvironmental Health have the powers to deal with noisy neighbours/parties etc. Not the police.If you or your neighbour are in a council property, consider contacting the housing association.Not sure which police force you will come under but they should let you log incidents for information only so that you can collect incident numbers to support your case with Environmental Health.

i didnt, no, im well behaved.

no offence but i couldnt be arsed with that lot you outlined, if it was that much of an issue it be ringing the police and then peeking out of me curtain to see what happened

This is prob more tongue in cheek but maybe when your neighbours go to bed you should turn up your hifi in the morning just to make them understand how you feel!! Plus

joeprosho

i didnt, no, im well behaved.no offence but i couldnt be arsed with that … i didnt, no, im well behaved.no offence but i couldnt be arsed with that lot you outlined, if it was that much of an issue it be ringing the police and then peeking out of me curtain to see what happened

Do you ring the police to make you breakfast? Do you ring the police to do your homework? Do you ring the police to sort out your relationship issues? Do you ring the police when you're bored and don't know what to do?

Original Poster

angelfairee

Did you trash the house at said party that was probably advertised to the … Did you trash the house at said party that was probably advertised to the world on Facebook?1. Contact Environmental Health at your local council and register a noise complaint2. Keep a noise diary - when it happens, how long it goes on for, what kind of noise it is3. Submit it to Environmental Health4. PersistEnvironmental Health have the powers to deal with noisy neighbours/parties etc. Not the police.If you or your neighbour are in a council property, consider contacting the housing association.Not sure which police force you will come under but they should let you log incidents for information only so that you can collect incident numbers to support your case with Environmental Health.

Thanks will try them again in the morning.

angelfairee

Do you ring the police to make you breakfast? Do you ring the police to … Do you ring the police to make you breakfast? Do you ring the police to do your homework? Do you ring the police to sort out your relationship issues? Do you ring the police when you're bored and don't know what to do?

no but id ring the police when my neighbours were taking the **** and being riddiculously anti social blaring out music in the early hours of the morning

i might also ring them if someone stole my snowman

you got a bit of rage tonight btw? you seem a little stern, i dont think its out of order to expect the police we pay our taxes for to help out in such domestic anti social issues, they'd only be going around filling there quotas of random drunks to fine for drunk and disorderly otherwise

jakesdaddy

Thanks will try them again in the morning.

No problem.

I'm not saying the police won't help under any circumstances, but obviously you've tried and they've advised you to tell the council. I understand that doesn't help you at the moment but if it's an ongoing, long-term problem it's Environmental Health that you need to have on your side. The police can turn up, knock on the door and ask them to turn it down. The minute they're gone your neighbours can turn the music up again and the police have no powers to seize equipment or anything similar, but Environmental Health do.

Hope you get some peace and quiet soon

joeprosho

no but id ring the police when my neighbours were taking the **** and … no but id ring the police when my neighbours were taking the **** and being riddiculously anti social blaring out music in the early hours of the morning i might also ring them if someone stole my snowmanyou got a bit of rage tonight btw? you seem a little stern, i dont think its out of order to expect the police we pay our taxes for to help out in such domestic anti social issues, they'd only be going around filling there quotas of random drunks to fine for drunk and disorderly otherwise

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

angelfairee

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

care to elaborate?

Agree with angelfairee who has outlined the process precisely. It's not going to stop in the short term so in the meanwhile get a good pair of earplugs which should help to some degree with drowning the noise out.

Years ago we suffered with a noisy neighbour, it really affects your quality of life, sleep and relationships. I never used to want to go home and would try and go out every night and was generally very anxious and stressed.

joeprosho

care to elaborate?

No, but I'd love you to throw in some more of those gems.

I especially like:
    - Shouldn't they be out solving some REAL crimes and catching REAL criminals?
    - I pay their wages.
    - They'd do something about it if I went round there with a baseball bat.

We had the same problem. Keep getting on to environmental health and log all the incidents. Request sound recording equipment too. That will prove it. Will any of the other neighbors complain too?

angelfairee

No, but I'd love you to throw in some more of those gems.I especially … No, but I'd love you to throw in some more of those gems.I especially like:- Shouldn't they be out solving some REAL crimes and catching REAL criminals?- I pay their wages.- They'd do something about it if I went round there with a baseball bat.

no because as i said id peevishly watch out of my curtains to see if they did anything lol

i think youve taken things a lot the wrong way, i just think its understandable that if people are carrying on in residential areas into the earlier hours especially on a 'school night' :P its not out of order to expect support at the time of the incident occuring in these issues, instead of having to go through riddiculously lengthy procedures of documenting cases and having to even go through the courts and such all at later drawn out dates...

simple as that for me, none of this baseball bat, none of these real crimes dont put words in my mouth like that please...

are they a familly or students out of interest op?

ring the police and say you suspect they are selling drugs in the house . . . so they raid it hahaha
    keep the music of for a night

Original Poster

angelfairee

No problem.I'm not saying the police won't help under any circumstances, … No problem.I'm not saying the police won't help under any circumstances, but obviously you've tried and they've advised you to tell the council. I understand that doesn't help you at the moment but if it's an ongoing, long-term problem it's Environmental Health that you need to have on your side. The police can turn up, knock on the door and ask them to turn it down. The minute they're gone your neighbours can turn the music up again and the police have no powers to seize equipment or anything similar, but Environmental Health do.Hope you get some peace and quiet soon

Thanks, i hope so,im really tired and want to sleep but cant,some people are so inconsiderate of others arent they.

joeprosho

no because as i said id peevishly watch out of my curtains to see if they … no because as i said id peevishly watch out of my curtains to see if they did anything lol i think youve taken things a lot the wrong way, i just think its understandable that if people are carrying on in residential areas into the earlier hours especially on a 'school night' :P its not out of order to expect support at the time of the incident occuring in these issues, instead of having to go through riddiculously lengthy procedures of documenting cases and having to even go through the courts and such...simple as that for me, none of this baseball bat, none of these real crimes dont put words in my mouth like that please... are they a familly or students out of interest op?

And as I've said, it's not that the police won't help at all in these circumstances but if it's an ongoing issue then it needs to be dealt with by Environmental Health. The OP has already contacted the police and been advised to contact the council so that's what they need to do.

People think the police are the be-all and end-all solution to all their problems and if they can't sort them out they go on the 'I pay my taxes...blah blah blah' rant expecting that NOT to wind people up. There are SO many different agencies that are specifically ran to sort out problems like these, but people don't want to hear it most of the time.

I'm not being angsty at you, but you're providing me with a prime example. I speak from experience is all.

angelfairee

And as I've said, it's not that the police won't help at all in these … And as I've said, it's not that the police won't help at all in these circumstances but if it's an ongoing issue then it needs to be dealt with by Environmental Health. The OP has already contacted the police and been advised to contact the council so that's what they need to do.People think the police are the be-all and end-all solution to all their problems and if they can't sort them out they go on the 'I pay my taxes...blah blah blah' rant expecting that NOT to wind people up. There are SO many different agencies that are specifically ran to sort out problems like these, but people don't want to hear it most of the time.I'm not being angsty at you, but you're providing me with a prime example. I speak from experience is all.

possibly ive got confused then.. as i presumed your 'No No no no' response was pretty clear in outlining that the police were in no way a relevant port of call in this situation??

joeprosho

possibly ive got confused then.. as i thought your no no no no response … possibly ive got confused then.. as i thought your no no no no response was pretty clear in outlining that the police was in no way a relevant port of call in this situation

Essentially, I am. I'm not saying it's an unreasonable assumption to make, but I am saying that they're the wrong agency to deal with the problems that the OP is having.

PS. I pay my taxes as well.

ok ok i just struggle a little as i see a few contradictions and surely there the only people who can deal with the difficulty at the very time it is occuring, but anyway i'll just have to get over it

the fact that individuals pay taxes has no bearing to me btw more the fact that the public do in general

still im gna have to go to bed ive been up to late! seems like great advice on how to deal with the situation in the long run, i was just beign a touch (a lot) more shortsighted!

night all

just tell the 5-0 you can smell drugs or underage drinking is going on.

Crash the party? Or like others said crank up the volume early in the morning. Or knock on the door and if they are reasonable you may solve it but if not destroy them!!

not noisy all the time (unless he is beating his girlfriend) but he is ALWAYS smoking weed, a hot day I wanna keep my balcany door open but can't because the smell drifts in. SCUM!

We have a screamer next door and somebody nearby plays cr*p music really loud!

pokerpad

We have a screamer next door and somebody nearby plays cr*p music really … We have a screamer next door and somebody nearby plays cr*p music really loud!

We used to live in the flat below a groaner. Her boyfriend must have had skills.

Banned

jakesdaddy

Called the police they said its a council problem,we will be up till at … Called the police they said its a council problem,we will be up till at least 3am so fed up with it.

breach of the peace is a police problem,try them again when its at its loudest if they do nothing tell them you are going to lose it and go in and do some damage,you will be amazed how quick they deal with it!

Why is it that the noisy ones always go on for ages??

Police always turn up when you mention they are dealing drugs from the house...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2644
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …66114
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48410865
      4. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating33

See more discussions