Expired

Anyone else thing YODEL are useless?

Found 14th Nov 2011
They have had my parcel from Amazon for past 5 days and even LIED today stating they tried to deliver it, I know they never as I was on the reception desk at work at the time they say they could not deliver!

Ahhhh....is this just me having a bad experience, last week they never bothered to turn up for a scheduled collection too
Community Updates
MiscYodel
38 Comments
Original Poster
Status Date Time Signatory Branch
Passed to courier for delivery. 14/11/11 19:48 SERVICE CENTRE
Consignee Cannot Be Reached 14/11/11 13:43 SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 14/11/11 11:37 SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 14/11/11 10:33 SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but possible delay 11/11/11 13:56 SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 10/11/11 22:41 SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 10/11/11 14:24 WEDNESBURY HUB
Arrived At Depot 10/11/11 14:19 WEDNESBURY HUB
Parcel Picked Up 09/11/11 00:01 KILMARNOCK SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 09/11/11 KILMARNOCK SERVICE CENTRE
Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 14th Nov 2011
I use to have a few that said delivered, but then scanned at depot 20 minutes later, proper useless
hotukdeals.com/sea…ncy

a good few threads about this company - had problems myself with them in the past
Yes, they are rubbish....liars too.

yep - waited all day for parcel then at 20:55 updated as delivery attempted 10:05 no reply.

Saw the delivery driver next day and he just said - yeah.. didn't get to you yesterday sorry...

scabbers

Yes, they are rubbish....liars too.

Original Poster
DAMNOME

yep - waited all day for parcel then at 20:55 updated as delivery … yep - waited all day for parcel then at 20:55 updated as delivery attempted 10:05 no reply.Saw the delivery driver next day and he just said - yeah.. didn't get to you yesterday sorry...

They are really useless, why do Amazon even use these muppets!
Halfords use them too. I won't be ordering online at Halfords again!
Banned
HDNL are worse
Last Wednesday had a tesco direct order to colect from store, didn't arrive, when I rang to find out why the courier had stated they had carded the address as no one was in at 11.10am.
The shops open from 6.30am till 8pm
They are useless in YOUR AREA... Perfect service over here... Seriously, how many threads do we need about this?
krazie2004

They are useless in YOUR AREA... Perfect service over here... Seriously, … They are useless in YOUR AREA... Perfect service over here... Seriously, how many threads do we need about this?

lol make your mind up
hotukdeals.com/mis…550
Edited by: "DAMNOME" 14th Nov 2011
HDNL are now Yodel aren't they?

Mine is poor - missed delivery, arranged online for next day. Never turned up. And they never leave with my neighbours like all other companies.
I had a Yodel delivery today that was signed by someone in my house with the same surname as me - my wife and I were both at work (we work at the same place!) and the time they delivered no one was there. Got back home and it had been hidden, but what gets me is that the delivery guy has signed for it under my name. Good job the package wasn't stolen.............
I had a card through the door from them, rang up next day and asked about re-delivery, he told me that it had already been delivered to a man in my address. Lies all lies. There are no men heerrreee!!
colinsunderland

HDNL are worseLast Wednesday had a tesco direct order to colect from … HDNL are worseLast Wednesday had a tesco direct order to colect from store, didn't arrive, when I rang to find out why the courier had stated they had carded the address as no one was in at 11.10am. The shops open from 6.30am till 8pm

They are all one group now they ok for me i order alsorts and my OH works there

Edited by: "vicknanth" 14th Nov 2011
Original Poster
Sorry never searched for other threads. Needed to vent my frustration! Ahh
I ordered an ipod shuffle from carphone warehouse to use up my £25 voucher they gave out over the ipad misprice saga. They told me yodel would deliver next day - 5 days later still no sign, no attempt at contact or delivery.
Worked out nicely for me though as when I called carphone warehouse to ask where the ipod was they apologised and gave me a further £20 which they said they could send to me in a cheque.
I ended up getting a free 2gb shuffle and also got an extra £6 on top!
Can't see yodel getting much repeat business if companies end up paying out due to their carp service
colinsunderland

HDNL are worseLast Wednesday had a tesco direct order to colect from … HDNL are worseLast Wednesday had a tesco direct order to colect from store, didn't arrive, when I rang to find out why the courier had stated they had carded the address as no one was in at 11.10am. The shops open from 6.30am till 8pm

lol all the direct collect from store orders come in at the same time via HDNL on one van, so if your order never arrived due to no one being in for delivery as they state then nobody who ordered for delivery that day had their order is what they are trying to tell you, doubt that somehow! if the store you had to collect from was an extra and did dotcom deliveries also, then anyone who ordered wine by the case or a specific 2 hour delivery window for their order would have also come on the same van.

why companies chose to use these couriers is unbelievable especially with all the horror stories available on the internet.
Because its cheap for them, but they are the ones having to pay out when things get lost/non delivery .
DAMNOME

lol make your mind … lol make your mind uphttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/city-link-problems-658550

So... what's your point?
Yodel are worse than useless. I've had several deliveries in the past few weeks from them. One parcel sat in their Croydon Service Centre for almost a week with no contact to tell me why and no answer to my emails or phone calls (phone would just ring and ring). Two parcels were left with neighbours and no card in my door to let me know! One parcel was delivered at 7.30pm and I had a chat with the delivery guy. I recognised him as the guy who used to deliver for HDNL and he was always in my area around noon. He told me they'd been taken over by Yodel and he then explained to me what they (the delivery drivers) figured Yodel stood for - Your Order Delivered Extremely Late!!! He was not happy that he wasn't able to start his deliveries till early afternoon, yet when he was with HDNL he used to start delivering at 8am.
Banned
DAMNOME

lol make your mind … lol make your mind uphttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/city-link-problems-658550

Are City Link owned by them too?
i agree
Not Impressed at the moment my parcel went from Kilmarnock in East Ayrshire to Wednesbury then back to Perth Scotland!!!!!
They are just awful. They drove my parcel around for a day last week without bothering to deliver it then took it back to the depot and didn't bother doing anything with it for 5 days until I chased them. It went out again yesterday and, lo and behold, the driver didn't bother to deliver it. It is out again today but it is getting late and nobody will answer the phone at the Croydon depot so I can't find out if there is any likelihood of me getting it despite waiting in all day. I was told I would get a phone call that hasn't materialised either. It makes me think I shall check in future when ordering to find out if Yodel are the delivery company. Sadly this is my third dire experience of them and I conclude that they are a very bad, inefficient and incompetent company.
Just spent ages on phone trying to track parcel. The website had said "attempted delivery - card left" - the night before the bank holiday! No card was left so we had no tracking number!! And of course offices were closed due to the hols.

On calling today, was given the wrong mobile no to call the driver direct. Called back Yodel again to be told - "they don't usually leave a card at the first attempt because they will come back. That's the mobile no we've got" So website wrong, system doesn't work. Customer (me) left in dark - again!!

Very poor. Will try to avoid them in future.
sorry to give you b ad news b ut the Tablet ordered from Dixons 48 hours ago via Yodel has just arrived

Same item from Dixons v ia Yodel then IoM Post took 3 days

Briiliant service

sorry for all your wows
my recent positive comment was incorrect, it took 24 hours
931 customer reviews. 1 out of 10. You do the maths!!!

Linky
Waited in yesterday then saw it said at 12.12 they had attempted delivery. Really? But no card, and I work facing the road and front door.

Apparently it was either one of two things - the driver 'ran out' of hours or he looked out of his cab and thought 'what a nice day, stuff this for a living' and marked all his deliveries 'Attempted'.

Complained to Amazon and hopefully of enough people do they will stop using them.

As DHL we used to use them for collections and they would take it straight from the porch whether I was in or not. With Yodel they want a signature and as I go out at 2pm he ALWAYS turned up at 2.02pm..................
Yes ofcourse they are useless,liars providing appalling service. I had to cancel all my orders with Amazon and stopped using all companies using Yodel as delivery partners.
Just had this appear on my delivery tracking

"No One To Receive Card Left (MITCHAM SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL)) "

Have been waiting all day. There has been no van, and no card..

Seriously not happy with these useless liars. If they couldn't have made it, they should have said so..

same thing, yodal and "mars attacks" have a lot in common, all retrospective info. santa and this alpine service are truly up there, high in the clouds, whilst it's customers us, pace nervously around, trying not to look or act concerned, pending the imminant arrival of christmas, accept, unlike christmas the date is infinitely variable. the impending arrival or not of one's present,has by now lost it's value, as one is moved from the expectation of it's use, to endlessly paying hommage to customer services, and begging for redemption. i'll promise to be good in the future, now where are my goodies.
I use Amazon lots and have begged them to stop using Yodel. Every, repeat every, delivery by them to me has been a disaster. There has even been a petition to try and get Amazon to stop using them. All I ever get back from Amazon is the same old platitude: "We constantly review our delivery procedures.....blah...blah...".
They are complete liars said they have to gained entry to my cottage 3 days and I know for sure that they havent been near my place still waiting for my daughters xmas present which was meant to arrive on the 20th Dec and Im shocked at Office shoes using such an incompetent bunch of useless ****!!!!!
Poor-poor service!

They lost my parcel and have no idea where it is...

The lady at the phone is kind but not helpful as their tracking system is a joke.

I would very likely recommend to avoid it!
My parcel cleared custom on the 21st and I al still waiting for delivery. Yodel lied that they attempted delivery today as we were in all day as kids are anxiously waiting for their Xmas present. Never known such incompetence. They claim they left a callback card. Lies. They have asked to reschedule but I am inclined to pick up from their Michael depot. Question is are they open tomorrow?
In my area Yodel is perfect... I guess i'm the lucky guy
Perfect in my area too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants