Anyone else think we're all going to hell in a handcart?

33 replies
Found 16th Dec 2008
See below.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
31 Comments

Original Poster

Ok, don't mean to be depressing and I guess I'm really just canvassing opinion.

BUT

Every day on the news, it gets worse and worse; massive job losses, parity with the Euro (dollar to come?), all these 50% sales. Big names like Woolies going bust, Zavvi on a shaky nail.

Being a child of the 80s, the last thing I have real experience of was the 90s recession but to me, this feels like it could be worse.

The government getting us into ~£1 trillion of debt. Does anyone else have a deep sense of foreboding?

...........on a cheerier note, ................we might get a white christmas...............!!!!!

Original Poster

4leafed;3780700

...........on a cheerier note, ................we might get a white … ...........on a cheerier note, ................we might get a white christmas...............!!!!!

wow, if that's all we got to look forward to it ain't good!

grex9101;3780690

Ok, don't mean to be depressing and I guess I'm really just canvassing … Ok, don't mean to be depressing and I guess I'm really just canvassing opinion.BUTEvery day on the news, it gets worse and worse; massive job losses, parity with the Euro (dollar to come?), all these 50% sales. Big names like Woolies going bust, Zavvi on a shaky nail.Being a child of the 80s, the last thing I have real experience of was the 90s recession but to me, this feels like it could be worse.The government getting us into ~£1 trillion of debt. Does anyone else have a deep sense of foreboding?

no i dont think anybody does, i think your the only person to ever post about the credit crunch anywhere

Original Poster

Cluffy321;3780716

no i dont think anybody does, i think your the only person to ever post … no i dont think anybody does, i think your the only person to ever post about the credit crunch anywhere

Goes without saying:

[IMG]images.galluvspc.multiply.com/ima…png?et=PSdh0%2B7uHanulJKAXETc1A&nmid=71420142[/IMG]

Think the UK is already there..............UTTERLY RUINED by the Govt :x

I'm moving over to France full time in Jan for the laid back lifestyle (knives on sale at market stalls not on a pathetic amnesty poster).

Sadly the euros now at €1.11 to £1 :? thankfully bought a house there 4 years ago at €1.44 :thumbsup: otherwise I too would be ruined now with a big UK mortgage and in negative equity !!!.

Happy Xmas ALL and good luck 'riding the financial storm' :thumbsup: , sadly it's a bit late to get out now :thinking:

Banned

grex9101;3780733

Goes without … Goes without saying:[IMG]http://images.galluvspc.multiply.com/image/2/photos/31/1200x120/3/17-no-trolls.png?et=PSdh0%2B7uHanulJKAXETc1A&nmid=71420142[/IMG]

So why exactly are you posting?

ODB_69;3780844

+2

Original Poster

ODB_69;3780844

How was your ban?

Banned

grex9101;3780915

How was your ban?

lol its caled a SUSPENSION...and it was not for being a troll unlike all yours!!!

Boys! do I have to get the handbags out again!

That's capitalism for you - our lives in the hands of self-interested gamblers ( our financial over-lords). If you really thought that you had any real influence over your life other than to get money as best you can and live a happy existence if possible, then you must have forgotten about the power elites who actually determine the parameters of society. It is no surprise to me that the people with £million plus bonuses have been pulling off shonky deals which have 'rocked the financial markets'; it is no surprise to me that those in the hedge-fund troughs have not been regulated. It is no surprise to me that the media have somehow managed to convince the population that 'the government' are to blame. The credit crunch was a result of unregulated and unscrupulous banking practices. The latest frauds are the tip of the iceberg. Consider how the housing boom somehow made people feel better. How? Why?
The euro is strong simply on the back of the German economy - the rest of the Euro market finances are worse than in the UK.
Those who are moving to France had best check out the health care situation there very carefully.
I have no idea why you think we're all going to hell more than usual. All of this was written rather plainly on the wall and affects the whole world. I daresay that in this capitalist system, 'things' will turn around and you'll be looking at the recession of 2009/10 in much the same sanguine way as you view 'the 90's'

Just saying!! Roll on Christmas.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

ODB_69;3780844

ODB_69;3780942

lol its caled a SUSPENSION...and it was not for being a troll unlike all … lol its caled a SUSPENSION...and it was not for being a troll unlike all yours!!!

yeah yeah yeah.......right. whatever. lol. :-D

sad to say but i remember the recession in the 1970's....as a child I may add. 3 Day weeks, strikes galore, bloody power cuts, but I believe it will get worse before it gets better, but i truely believe it will get better!

Original Poster

chesso;3780953

That's capitalism for you - our lives in the hands of self-interested … That's capitalism for you - our lives in the hands of self-interested gamblers ( our financial over-lords). If you really thought that you had any real influence over your life other than to get money as best you can and live a happy existence if possible, then you must have forgotten about the power elites who actually determine the parameters of society. It is no surprise to me that the people with £million plus bonuses have been pulling off shonky deals which have 'rocked the financial markets'; it is no surprise to me that those in the hedge-fund troughs have not been regulated. It is no surprise to me that the media have somehow managed to convince the population that 'the government' are to blame. The credit crunch was a result of unregulated and unscrupulous banking practices. The latest frauds are the tip of the iceberg. Consider how the housing boom somehow made people feel better. How? Why?The euro is strong simply on the back of the German economy - the rest of the Euro market finances are worse than in the UK. Those who are moving to France had best check out the health care situation there very carefully.I have no idea why you think we're all going to hell more than usual. All of this was written rather plainly on the wall and affects the whole world. I daresay that in this capitalist system, 'things' will turn around and you'll be looking at the recession of 2009/10 in much the same sanguine way as you view 'the 90's'Just saying!! Roll on Christmas.:thumbsup:

like it chesso, like it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought this was going to be a thread about Left 4 Dead on the 360. Reading the actual thread seems like hard work so I'll just go.

Banned

grex9101;3780963

yeah yeah yeah.......right. whatever. lol. :-D

You want a screenshot for proof?

Or you could look at the thread its discussed in...see Feedback section...

typical Scottish worrying and creating more drama (no h4te on scotland88;-))

bitseylango;3780966

sad to say but i remember the recession in the 1970's....as a child I may … sad to say but i remember the recession in the 1970's....as a child I may add. 3 Day weeks, strikes galore, bloody power cuts, but I believe it will get worse before it gets better, but i truely believe it will get better!

Quite so - as a working adult in my case!!

I think I've seen a location which may interest you !!:whistling:

Banned

black gerbil1;3780985

typical Scottish worrying and creating more drama (no h4te on … typical Scottish worrying and creating more drama (no h4te on scotland88;-))

I lol'd! :-D

chesso;3780990

Quite so - as a working adult in my case!!I think I've seen a location … Quite so - as a working adult in my case!!I think I've seen a location which may interest you !!:whistling:

oooh im intrigued :thinking:

bitseylango;3780998

oooh im intrigued :thinking:

I think you have to provide the beans:thumbsup: Have you got any? I have some HP sauce.;-)

Original Poster

ODB_69;3780992

I lol'd! :-D

Everyone lols at him, very few lol with him.

black gerbil1;3780985

typical Scottish worrying and creating more drama (no h4te on … typical Scottish worrying and creating more drama (no h4te on scotland88;-))

plus two

EDIT- i lol with you

chesso;3781019

I think you have to provide the beans:thumbsup: Have you got any? I have … I think you have to provide the beans:thumbsup: Have you got any? I have some HP sauce.;-)

arrrrrrrrrh ......we talking a certain locomotive operative here? hes a cheeky chappy :roll:

bitseylango;3781043

arrrrrrrrrh ......we talking a certain locomotive operative here? hes a … arrrrrrrrrh ......we talking a certain locomotive operative here? hes a cheeky chappy :roll:

:giggle: All true!!

Banned

grex9101;3781025

Everyone lols at him, very few lol with him.

I lol WITH him.....

I lol @ you

all these problems are created by humans, hell is fabricated by humans. If humans weren't so innately selfish we wouldn't have these problems

You really need to look back at history and you will realise this is probably the best time to have ever lived,The thing we complain about now pale into comparison compared to the past and even compared to how people have to live in other countries,Why do you think so many people want to come here,Heck we may even all lose our jobs but then in britain we dont starve to death or have to live in a tin shack,Try looking at the bright side and be glad you were born here,

Yes things aren't great at the moment but I think it makes it even more important for us to count our blessings, whatever those may be, and try to keep our chins up rather than dwelling on the bad things.

chesso;3780953

That's capitalism for you - our lives in the hands of self-interested … That's capitalism for you - our lives in the hands of self-interested gamblers ( our financial over-lords). If you really thought that you had any real influence over your life other than to get money as best you can and live a happy existence if possible, then you must have forgotten about the power elites who actually determine the parameters of society. It is no surprise to me that the people with £million plus bonuses have been pulling off shonky deals which have 'rocked the financial markets'; it is no surprise to me that those in the hedge-fund troughs have not been regulated. It is no surprise to me that the media have somehow managed to convince the population that 'the government' are to blame. The credit crunch was a result of unregulated and unscrupulous banking practices. The latest frauds are the tip of the iceberg. Consider how the housing boom somehow made people feel better. How? Why?The euro is strong simply on the back of the German economy - the rest of the Euro market finances are worse than in the UK. Those who are moving to France had best check out the health care situation there very carefully.I have no idea why you think we're all going to hell more than usual. All of this was written rather plainly on the wall and affects the whole world. I daresay that in this capitalist system, 'things' will turn around and you'll be looking at the recession of 2009/10 in much the same sanguine way as you view 'the 90's'Just saying!! Roll on Christmas.:thumbsup:

Not really into sociology but do find myself agreeing with this

tonyg1962;3781659

You really need to look back at history and you will realise this is … You really need to look back at history and you will realise this is probably the best time to have ever lived,The thing we complain about now pale into comparison compared to the past and even compared to how people have to live in other countries,Why do you think so many people want to come here,Heck we may even all lose our jobs but then in britain we dont starve to death or have to live in a tin shack,Try looking at the bright side and be glad you were born here,

And this

For the younger members on the site in particular these will be incredibly uncertain times as they have will not have experienced economic downturns. Others will have seen some aspects of what is occuring presently before. When all the balls fall there will have been a lot of changes. But most will emerge ok if a little wiser.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    3. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    4. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22

See more discussions