Groups

Anyone else totally underwhelmed by Black Friday ?

Apart, of course, from the HUKD lambs wetting themselves on the stroke of midnight / 1am at the thought of posting a deal for some computer game 10p cheaper than before ? Top tip : in future years just go on the Argos/Amazon websites - it will save the same 4 or 5 "deals " being posted dozens of times.

Seriously though - I'm not into gaming (I have a life !) - don't want a tele ( until we really know which are truly "future proof " ) my current one works fine . Money to spend and the only thing I bought were coils for my vaping habit . An excellent deal but not a BF one . £6.56 spent on Black Friday ! have I missed something ?

91 Comments

Well if you don't want anything or arent interested in anything how is that companies/ other users fault?

I personally got Titanfall 2 for £19.99 (£25 saving)

And two half price Lego sets.

I think the problem is that there's so much crap posted, it's hard to spot the real deals.

Original Poster

catbeans

Well if you don't want anything or arent interested in anything how is … Well if you don't want anything or arent interested in anything how is that companies/ other users fault?I personally got Titanfall 2 for £19.99 (£25 saving)And two half price Lego sets.

No not tempted , but to be fair I don't have young kids.

wow you're so cool you don't play video games,you have a real life like watching hollyoaks and coronation street.(_;)

Was your post supposed to come across so obnoxious?
    Edited by: "killie_lad" 25th Nov 2016

I usually spend a fortune but this year I bought a toothbrush X)

Totally underwhelmed. Even the gaming deals didn't get me fired up

rogparki

No not tempted , but to be fair I don't have young kids.

Yeah i meant those were good savibs for me on things i want. If you don't want anything, then black Friday isnt for you.

Otherwise there were quite a few good deals, if you sorted through the crud.
    Edited by: "catbeans" 25th Nov 2016

I thought it amusing the best Next could manage for BF was free delivery - tight gits

Original Poster

miikeyblue

I think the problem is that there's so much crap posted, it's hard to … I think the problem is that there's so much crap posted, it's hard to spot the real deals.

I did try to wade through all the dross (in the hope of finding a gem) from time to time , sadly nothing for me

Personally I've done quite well saved money on items I needed especially dyson hoovers

Apart from the 1p Forza 6 (which was also an opportunity to get the Elite Controller for cheap by selling the code and Gears 4 on eBay), nothing much. It looks like some companies are saving the best deals for Cyber Monday

Original Poster

nickann1

I usually spend a fortune but this year I bought a toothbrush X)Totally … I usually spend a fortune but this year I bought a toothbrush X)Totally underwhelmed. Even the gaming deals didn't get me fired up

Was your toothbrush more expensive than my vaping coils (£6.56)? the future of the British economy hangs perilously on your answer oO

rogparki

...Seriously though - I'm not into gaming (I have a life !)

There you go again.

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…638 ]

It may come as a shock, but those that play video games do not have to do this to the exclusion of all other activities.

Managed to pick up a 750gb ssd for £105, apart from that after searching my head off I cant find a good 1440p freesync monitor for under £200... Pretty annoying to be fair

miikeyblue

I think the problem is that there's so much crap posted, it's hard to … I think the problem is that there's so much crap posted, it's hard to spot the real deals.

Yeah if there wasn't so much meh deals that Argos Forza 6 1p deal would have gone stratospheric heat (but another way to look at it is the deal wouldn't have lasted as long as around 6pm if it got mega heat)

rogparki

...£6.56 spent on Black Friday ! have I missed something ?

£6.56 more than I spent today.

Don't worry though, Cyber Monday will be here soon.

I've had a great BF

Got 2x Fire Stick for £12.49 each, Steam Link for £16, BaByliss 7565U for £20 and Dishonored 2 Limited Edition which includes Dishonored Definitive Edition for £32

Original Poster

killie_lad

wow you're so cool you don't play video games,you have a real life like … wow you're so cool you don't play video games,you have a real life like watching hollyoaks and coronation street.(_;)Was your post supposed to come across so obnoxious?

Working (sorry to swear !) golfing and going down the pub - conversing with real people (shocking I know oO) . But I do of course record "Crossroads" to watch when I get home X)
    Edited by: "rogparki" 25th Nov 2016

rogparki

Working (sorry to swear !) golfing and going down the pub -conversing … Working (sorry to swear !) golfing and going down the pub -conversing with real people (shocking I know oO) . But I do of course record "Crossroads" to watch when I get home X)

I've seen moronic **** on hukd, but this must be the dumbest of all. That's quite the feat. Congrats.

rogparki

Seriously though - I'm not into gaming (I have a life !)

Nothing says "I have a life" quite like complaining about sales on a shopping forum.

Original Poster

fanpages

There you go again.[ … There you go again.[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/black-friday-nearly-must-a-good-deal-folks-seem-think-2556458?p=29274638 ]It may come as a shock, but those that play video games do not have to do this to the exclusion of all other activities.

I believe you had no more questions last night ? Have you thought of one now ?

rogparki

I believe you had no more questions last night ? Have you thought of one … I believe you had no more questions last night ? Have you thought of one now ?

Your presumption was incorrect.
    Yes, thanks.

Original Poster

killie_lad

I've seen moronic **** on hukd, but this must be the dumbest of all. … I've seen moronic **** on hukd, but this must be the dumbest of all. That's quite the feat. Congrats.

Really impressed by all the deals you have posted during your years as a member Exactly how many ? If you could let the community know ?

Original Poster

fanpages

£6.56 more than I spent today.Don't worry though, Cyber Monday will be … £6.56 more than I spent today.Don't worry though, Cyber Monday will be here soon.

I'll be trying to spend again , hopefully with better luck than today

killie_lad

I've seen moronic **** on hukd, but this must be the dumbest of all. … I've seen moronic **** on hukd, but this must be the dumbest of all. That's quite the feat. Congrats.

rogparki

Really impressed by all the deals you have posted during your years as a … Really impressed by all the deals you have posted during your years as a member Exactly how many ? If you could let the community know ?

killie_lad:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/computers-chat-chatting-chatting_online-fights-row-rron449_low.jpg

killie_lad

rogparki

Really impressed by all the deals you have posted during your years as a … Really impressed by all the deals you have posted during your years as a member Exactly how many ? If you could let the community know ?

To be fair i think they have me beat, i mean, life doesn't get much more fulfilling than trolling on a deals site.

rogparki

Was your toothbrush more expensive than my vaping coils (£6.56)? the … Was your toothbrush more expensive than my vaping coils (£6.56)? the future of the British economy hangs perilously on your answer oO

X)X) Yes ..... we can relax now

Original Poster

I did ask members if I had missed something - played golf this afternoon , down the pub this evening , thought I may have missed something - apparently not

Original Poster

killie_lad

To be fair i think they have me beat, i mean, life doesn't get much more … To be fair i think they have me beat, i mean, life doesn't get much more fulfilling than trolling on a deals.

I think you will get more credence once you have posted a deal oO 166 comments and no deals in 4 years isn't a great track record !

Original Poster

nickann1

X)X) Yes ..... we can relax now

If its the Oral B 3000 - I'm going to get one too for an Xmas present - but its been on offer all week , not strictly a BF deal.

rogparki

I think you will get more credence once you have posted a deal oO 166 … I think you will get more credence once you have posted a deal oO 166 comments and no deals in 4 years isn't a great track record !

I've got better things to do with my time, like playing videos games.

Here is a post i made literally a few hours ago,
    "use flubit, with the link to amazon and do it through quidco, £22", unfortunately i'm not a massive attention seeker like your fine self

Original Poster

killie_lad

I've got better things to do with my time, like playing videos games.

I would never has guessed oO , after all who would ever have thought about posting a deal on a "Deals site" - far easier to insult those who do .
    Edited by: "rogparki" 25th Nov 2016

Bought nothing today.Had a meeting with a buffet, so didn't even have to buy lunch!

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Bought nothing today.Had a meeting with a buffet, so didn't even have to … Bought nothing today.Had a meeting with a buffet, so didn't even have to buy lunch!

Result !

Here's the problem.

Black Friday is traditionally an American day, the day after Thanksgiving which big discounts to mark the start of the holiday shopping season since the 30's

Naturally, we adopted it in the UK and in 2014 we did just that. Black Friday, massive discounts everywhere. What happened?
    Riots in Asda over £99 Polaroid TV's and police presence everywhere.

As with most things in the country, the scumbags who weren't working decided to ruin it for everyone which resulted in a rather toned down 2015 Black Friday.
    To compensate for this though, we've done what we always do and drag things out with minor discounts here and there. Look at Christmas, items have been in stock since September, and I'm sure I saw Easter items out somewhere last week!

Black Friday is supposed to be big discounts on a single day, but we're unable to enjoy it without ruining it, so we get fairly average deals over the course of a week.
    Clintons will be selling 'Happy Black Friday Dad' cards next year in July...

Bought the half price oil, struggled to find anything else of interest as 99% of the 'deals' have recently been cheaper.

Some good gaming deals but consoles still too dear considering oneS, elite and Slim's were £150 less than a month ago.
    Meh, hopefully cyber Monday will be better.

rogparki

I did ask members if I had missed something - played golf this afternoon … I did ask members if I had missed something - played golf this afternoon , down the pub this evening , thought I may have missed something - apparently not

You played golf, I'm sure you missed a few somethings.

rogparki

I would never has guessed oO , after all who would ever have thought … I would never has guessed oO , after all who would ever have thought about posting a deal on a "Deals site" - far easier to insult those who do .

Your last 'deal' went freeing because you couldn't even use the search function to see that it was a repost and it was completely vague and uninformative, hahaha maybe you shouldn't bother either.

I got food poisoned overnight so my deal hunting when out the window

Came across nothing worthwhile on the net even though i really want a soundbar!!

Boom123

I got food poisoned overnight so my deal hunting when out the windowCame … I got food poisoned overnight so my deal hunting when out the windowCame across nothing worthwhile on the net even though i really want a soundbar!!

I hope nobody was beneath that window at the time.

rogparki

If its the Oral B 3000 - I'm going to get one too for an Xmas present - … If its the Oral B 3000 - I'm going to get one too for an Xmas present - but its been on offer all week , not strictly a BF deal.

No, it was a Philips Sonicare. Was tempted by the Oral B though.

I think it's just been diluted to stop the crazy rush and stores and sites getting smashed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction1010
      2. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)46
      3. connect tablet22
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?88

See more discussions