Anyone else trying Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) Beta 1?

7 replies
Found 19th Mar 2010
Quite nice too.

And it's free, which I like.

Only running the trial at the moment, but I'm gonna do a full install soon and see how that goes.

7 Comments

Have you ever used Ubuntu before?

never got into linux because of the hassle, I have a broadcom 43xx internet card which has had tons of problems with linux, cannot get it to work any of the time.

how long does it take to load?

Original Poster

linuxlinks;8154613

Have you ever used Ubuntu before?

Yup. Got Jaunty loaded on an old laptop for the kids to use. Seems safer than Windoze for that.

Original Poster

glass_half_full;8154733

how long does it take to load?

Jaunty (9.04) is a bit quicker than XP

Can't really say with 10 yet as I'm running the off the CD for now

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;8154646

never got into linux because of the hassle, I have a broadcom 43xx … never got into linux because of the hassle, I have a broadcom 43xx internet card which has had tons of problems with linux, cannot get it to work any of the time.

The laptop is running a Broadcom based card. It was a bit of a cow to get going, but nice and stable now.

I was sending away for the free Ubuntu disks afew years ago , I think they were sent from Holland .I was amazed at this OS . I installed it onto a spare PC , once finished I was able to connect to the net imediatley , everything was included with the OS .ie firefox etc , there was software for listening to mp3's ,viewing photos etc and no other software was required , all the drivers were included . No anti-virus software was needed either .
Right you cannot run your Windows software , but this is ideal for quickly browsing the net without worrying about malware/spyware/virus's.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions