Groups

Anyone else turned a bit mental when...

Sat in the office ALL day in silence?! Jesus Christ, it's like a dead town in here! It's a huge mostly open plan office and the bit I'm in must have a good 150 people in. Yet, if someone picks up the phone or talks to a colleague from the far end, I can hear them rabbiting away because it's so QUIET in here!!!!! I have to whisper when I'm on the phone because it shocks people to hear someone talking! Worst of all, I'm on a hot desk surrounded by people from other offices/departments so it's especially unhelpful as I have to discuss salaries a lot!!!! I need a bit of chit chat... Someone provide some chit chat!

9 Comments

Supermod

My first job was in an open plan office. The average age was about 18 (which is ridiculous for a firm of "solicitors") and it sounded like a pub. I must admit that I do like it when it is quiet. I hate chat when it isnt necessary but I have to make a fair amount of noise when I am getting no attention...

just let out a MASSIVE fart, blame it on the fit secretary, and then let the banter commence

I love the office i work for, the banter is brilliant. I couldn't stand it if it was too quiet it makes me nervous...a bit like the doctors waiting room.

Original Poster

queenlush;8932353

I love the office i work for, the banter is brilliant. I couldn't stand … I love the office i work for, the banter is brilliant. I couldn't stand it if it was too quiet it makes me nervous...a bit like the doctors waiting room.

You're making me jealous! I ACTUALLY just heard two fully grown men have the following conversation:
    Man 1: "It's ridiculous really, it's like the tail is wagging the dog"
    Man 2: "Yeah, ideally you want to put the lead on the dog and walk it but that's just not going to happen until the next release".

It's a sad day when two geeky IT weirdos have to use dogs as metaphors.

sounds awful! We banter all day, sing quite often and have been know to have a boogie in the middle of the office!!

The first company I worked for had the same thing, open plan office where no-one really spoke to each other, unless it was about work. Even then it was over and done with as quickly as possible. I ended up leaing in the end, the office I work from now is a lot better, and the time passes so much more quickly...

My office has a few different rooms with about 7-10 people in each. I moved from an awesome room full of people my own age, where we would talk a lot, to the developers room. There is at most 2 conversations a week. Everyone talks to each other using skype IM :-(

I'm in my 'office' which used to be a cupboard, lol. I got the window open but I'm so hot and sweating like crazy, such a horrible feeling and it's driving me mad, my arms are sticking to everything..
    Good news is my armpits are bone dry which shows my new deodorant is working, lol!

Original Poster

Jammy1812;8932477

I'm in my 'office' which used to be a cupboard, lol. I got the window … I'm in my 'office' which used to be a cupboard, lol. I got the window open but I'm so hot and sweating like crazy, such a horrible feeling and it's driving me mad, my arms are sticking to everything..Good news is my armpits are bone dry which shows my new deodorant is working, lol!

Hahahaha!:w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions