Groups

Anyone else up and having fun?

I am currently trying to finish my Employment Law Essay...still got about 750 words to go!
    Its due by 4pm today, should not have left it so late I hear you say.
    I've had so many deadlines, with the mix of unexpected issues its thrown me well out!

So anyone else up still? Or maybe getting up for work? Or working night shift?

18 Comments

Working nights with nothing to do except wait for the next shift @ 08:00

Original Poster

Captain Hook;7648212

argh! may i enquire as to what you do?
    I use to hate shift work, although i never did nights. Did apply for night work at tescos whilst i was at sixth form though as i had sleep problems anyways.

Captain Hook;7648212

Same here mate but we get relieved at 7am

awoodhall2003;7648217

argh! may i enquire as to what you do?I use to hate shift work, although … argh! may i enquire as to what you do?I use to hate shift work, although i never did nights. Did apply for night work at tescos whilst i was at sixth form though as i had sleep problems anyways.

Do you ever watch "Time Team"? well we do what they call Geo Fizz on that program.. we're just mapping the world and looking for oil.. except they can't supply us with enough work to keep the computers going all weekend.. but we have to stay here because we can't power off all the computers

Original Poster

Captain Hook;7648223

Do you ever watch "Time Team"? well we do what they call Geo Fizz on … Do you ever watch "Time Team"? well we do what they call Geo Fizz on that program.. we're just mapping the world and looking for oil.. except they can't supply us with enough work to keep the computers going all weekend.. but we have to stay here because we can't power off all the computers

I use to watch it, a while ago. But yeah I know roughly what it is. Sounds alright, minus by the sounds of it sitting manning PCs!

awoodhall2003;7648228

I use to watch it, a while ago. But yeah I know roughly what it is. … I use to watch it, a while ago. But yeah I know roughly what it is. Sounds alright, minus by the sounds of it sitting manning PCs!

I'm pretty sure these days it would be okay to just power the things off.. the rule about have to watch these things came about when they had them big main frame computers

Original Poster

Captain Hook;7648230

I'm pretty sure these days it would be okay to just power the things … I'm pretty sure these days it would be okay to just power the things off.. the rule about have to watch these things came about when they had them big main frame computers

so are they not even computing anything?

I'm at work sitting, waiting for either something to go wrong or the day shift to come in at 7! Good luck with your essay!

awoodhall2003;7648232

so are they not even computing anything?

does surfing the internet count?

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;7648235

I'm at work sitting, waiting for either something to go wrong or the day … I'm at work sitting, waiting for either something to go wrong or the day shift to come in at 7! Good luck with your essay!

cheers pal, just stopped for a coffee/breakfast break. hoping will give me a couple more hours energy! Im hoping as ive only got about another 600 words i can do that before 7am, then do a bibliography and proof read till 9am. Then spend 2 hours till 10am researching for a family and child law meeting I have at 12. Thus giving me 2 hours in between to print it all, submit my essay online, shower, eat again and get into uni!
    Then got lectures 2-3 and 5-6, doubt ill make the later one unless I stay in uni...then come home and crash!

Original Poster

Captain Hook;7648237

does surfing the internet count?

no processing, ie using at least 50% of the processor not (going by my processor) 0-5% on surfing!

awoodhall2003;7648241

no processing, ie using at least 50% of the processor not (going by my … no processing, ie using at least 50% of the processor not (going by my processor) 0-5% on surfing!

22% of the cpus are busy.. so we are making some money

awoodhall2003;7648239

cheers pal, just stopped for a coffee/breakfast break. hoping will give … cheers pal, just stopped for a coffee/breakfast break. hoping will give me a couple more hours energy! Im hoping as ive only got about another 600 words i can do that before 7am, then do a bibliography and proof read till 9am. Then spend 2 hours till 10am researching for a family and child law meeting I have at 12. Thus giving me 2 hours in between to print it all, submit my essay online, shower, eat again and get into uni! Then got lectures 2-3 and 5-6, doubt ill make the later one unless I stay in uni...then come home and crash!

Rather you than me, as soon as the others get here I'm off home to bed. I feel for you though, I remember when I was at uni having to pull all nighters in the library to get essays finished. Just think of when it's all over!

Original Poster

Captain Hook;7648246

22% of the cpus are busy.. so we are making some money

ooooo not bad! My whole processor is only doing from 3% upto about 13% tops, and ive got quite a bit open. On the flipside though my PC is eating 3.01GB in to my ram...

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;7648249

Rather you than me, as soon as the others get here I'm off home to bed. I … Rather you than me, as soon as the others get here I'm off home to bed. I feel for you though, I remember when I was at uni having to pull all nighters in the library to get essays finished. Just think of when it's all over!

Yeah when Im all finished at uni i can join the 500,000 new graduates of my year on the job market, whilst the other 40,000 jobless graduates from last year are still on the market as well!

Thats one major reason why I am not looking to practice law anytime in the near future, also I cant really fund it either at the moment.

awoodhall2003;7648252

Yeah when Im all finished at uni i can join the 500,000 new graduates of … Yeah when Im all finished at uni i can join the 500,000 new graduates of my year on the job market, whilst the other 40,000 jobless graduates from last year are still on the market as well!Thats one major reason why I am not looking to practice law anytime in the near future, also I cant really fund it either at the moment.

I know all about that! Graduated 2 years ago, never intended to end up in the job i'm in, just thankfull I finally got a job!

Hope the essay is going well.

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;7648282

I know all about that! Graduated 2 years ago, never intended to end up in … I know all about that! Graduated 2 years ago, never intended to end up in the job i'm in, just thankfull I finally got a job!Hope the essay is going well.

up to 1556 words now! by the time i finish i reckon im going to be on the upper limit of my +10%, so 1925 words maximum. :-D

Original Poster

Update: Coursework Complete!

Wahey!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1114
      2. Tooth extraction1013
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay811
      4. Three connection67

See more discussions