Groups

Anyone else waiting for Wii U Deal?

How is this not the Black friday for a Wii U price crash? Not a single deal to be had on a console, yet its the consoles last year.
    I would bite on a £150 deal but £250 for a console that's due to be replaced in 6 months, nah. Maybe switch wont be as cheap as everyone thinks.

7 Comments

really strange I'm waiting too

It's probably because there's not much Wii U stock remaining (I'd assume anyway) so not the same need to clear them out like the PS4 & Xbox which have updated versions out so older models are just taking up warehouse space. Unless it's a present for your kids you're better off just buying second hand. People have been repeatedly predicting (ie hoping for) a Wii U price crash for the last few years & it never happened - you'd assume the price might drop closer to the release of the switch but there's really no guarantee.

bernardsfingers

It's probably because there's not much Wii U stock remaining (I'd assume … It's probably because there's not much Wii U stock remaining (I'd assume anyway) so not the same need to clear them out like the PS4 & Xbox which have updated versions out so older models are just taking up warehouse space. Unless it's a present for your kids you're better off just buying second hand. People have been repeatedly predicting (ie hoping for) a Wii U price crash for the last few years & it never happened - you'd assume the price might drop closer to the release of the switch but there's really no guarantee.

This is the right answer basically. The demand is slow, but constant and production is ceasing entirely. That then dictates that discounts will be none if any. What stock stores have they're in no rush to get rid of.

The golden era was about a year ago when it was really stalling and a few stores got twitchy and reduced the premium to £179.99. I genuinely can't see that happening again given there will be a surge in popularity when Zelda is released on the Wii U (and they won't be able to put a new bundle pack out) and Mario Maker has kept its profile fairly high.

I think if you are tempted to take the plunge, you might as well do so at current asking price or buy second hand.

I'm in the same boat and think I might just go for the Game deal at 234.99

I've seen pre order deals at £200 for the switch

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

I've seen pre order deals at £200 for the switch

They are just place marker prices, not actual prices

Have been waiting for a 3ds deal for a family friend. Poor form Nintendo

I have been waiting for Wii U with Mario Kart installed price budget is around £120-150 mark but there's nothing only games
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?89
      2. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened79
      3. Biscuit addiction714
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626

See more discussions