Groups

Anyone else waiting on despatch from CD WOW??

Has anyone else out there had an order from CD WOW that has been in the Pending Despatch status for ages?? CD WOW tell me they are still awaiting delivery of my DVD from their supplier, although it was a new release on 7th March. I also notice the customer contact telephone number has been removed from their website, which I thought was interesting. I was a bit concerned that they might be up to their old tricks again. I know they are currently being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority for misleading customers, so I hope this isn't a sign they are about to go into receivership AGAIN. Failing to obtain items from suppliers often means bills haven't been paid. Would be interested to hear from anyone in a similar position.

7 Comments

I ordered a game 2 months ago which never arrived but was apparantly posted. I was told weeks ago that a replacement would be sent straight away but still nothing received. Getting rather annoyed now as they still have £35 of my money

Wont use wow again after something similar happened late last year so I cancelled the order.
    Oh and they charge your card as soon as you've ordered the item instead of charging when dispatched, very naughty.

Original Poster

Thanks for the number. I found it on Google, but wondered why they had decided to remove it in the first place. To be fair they answer e-mails quick enough and have offered a refund. I don't agree with their policy of debiting cards before despatch, let alone debiting cards before they even have an item in stock. I guess xxx thousand customers with money debited pending despatch of goods makes them a nice bit of interest, especially if they don't have to pay supplier invoices for 30 days.

Whew, i just checked my orders and thankfuly i have nothing on order from CD WOW.
    I hope you get it sorted

been waiting 2 months for delivery of a game,
    and they also have refused a refund of £13 because i used a voucher they sent me for another unfilled order and a cashback site to buy the goods through as it breakl their terms and conditions.

Hi

We are writing to advise that your order has been cancelled.Unfortunately we are unable to reissue any vouchers used on your order. Links via a partner / affiliate network are not entitled to use any further voucher or promotional discounts. Only one discount (either voucher or promotional) per transaction is allowed.

DIDNT USE ANY DISCOUNT LINK just clicked through from TOPCASHBACK

THEIVING GITS

I have just looked and my order for Enchanted on DVD is still showing as pre-release when it was released on Tuesday (I know it is only one day but seems odd). I have never had a problem with CD-WOW but haven't ordered from them recently
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions