Anyone else with T-mobile get a firmware update on their G2 Touch/HTC Hero today?

15 replies
Found 9th Jul 2010
Is this the 1st part of the 2.1 firmware upgrade?

15 Comments

Original Poster

Just me then

I got an OTA update today for G2 touch. I was thinking the same whether 2.1 is about to follow. Really frustrating to see no signs or date posted anywhere.

Banned

The OTA update is the fist part of Tmobile's OTA update for 2.1

The main 2.1 upgrade is due at some point next week. Check out the Tmobile forums for all sorts of anger / queries / abuse about Tmobile's shocking customer support regarding the long overdue update:

support.t-mobile.co.uk/dis…LKS

Not had mine yet is there a way to check for updates? To be honest not had a look.

Hey sussed it out, 1st part done................. now for another long wait

Original Poster

Nobody had the 2nd part yet tmobile think it should be mid July or by Friday

miali

I got an OTA update today for G2 touch. I was thinking the same whether … I got an OTA update today for G2 touch. I was thinking the same whether 2.1 is about to follow. Really frustrating to see no signs or date posted anywhere.

Received mine yesterday.

If anyone gets there update for part 2 would they be kind enough to post on this thread so we all know.....Cheers

Original Poster

i got part 2 today matey but its an 80gig download so will wait til i am in a wi-fi hotspot will let you know. Anyone else ?

just got my second part of the update - go on settings and check for an update. 80mb. downloading now...

JBAUERBEATSJBOND

i got part 2 today matey but its an 80gig download so will wait til i am … i got part 2 today matey but its an 80gig download so will wait til i am in a wi-fi hotspot will let you know. Anyone else ?

It's 80mb not 80gb - I just downloaded it over mobile internet, took less than 5 mins....

Out of interest, what exactly are the main differences between 1.5 & 2.1??

no idea but some of the apps are smoother.

Thanks downloading mine now

Original Poster

it's awesome like a new phone i love it, google nav beta sat nav is awesome

Original Poster

my alarm doesnt work now tho
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710967
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247555
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769191
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624

See more discussions