Anyone ever bought one of these multi-SIM phones from China?

Found 5th Jun 2011
Such as ebay item 110648135864.

Is it a pile of crap? Looking for a multi SIM phone for very basic calls/texts only. Will not be used for internet/roaming or anything like that.

Wondering if anyone has had actual experience.

11 Comments

I bought one of these last year. They work ok, but the battery is absolute rubbish (lasts a few hours). They supplied two batteries and both were useless. It phone went to the recycle yard in February.

Original Poster

Really ... even for basic use?

the nokia c2-00 coming out soon will have a dual sim .

Original Poster

iamanoldgit

the nokia c2-00 coming out soon will have a dual sim .

Any idea what price it is expected to be. Was looking at the C1-00 but not sure how ugly it is in person, plus only one SIM is active at once.
Edited by: "TUSSFC" 5th Jun 2011

Just go onto Dx and buy a cheap duel sim one on there! then If it's no good you haven't wasted alot of cash on one.

For example: dealextreme.com/p/c…257

Edited by: "fridgehead" 5th Jun 2011

Hmmm might be interested in one of those too, the c2-00 I mean, as a back up for if/when my smartphone's battery runs out. Just been looking at the specs etc, basic phone but apparently both sims in standby at once (which I think means both can receive calls without being switched to) and the second sim is hot swappable as it's a slot on the outside like a microSD..... price is expected to be about 50 euros by the way.
Edited by: "paddy.stone" 5th Jun 2011

Original Poster

Hmm, so about £44 ... very tempted to hold out for one of those!

unlocked-mobiles.com/sim…tml

£86 here, I'd buy one for £44 but for £86 I can just super glue two cheap phones together.

Original Poster

Ouch. Although surely that website isnt correct:

Pre Order. Expected on 28/02/2011.

the problem is in most countries and most networks a single IMEI number needs to be active for the phone to allow any signal (not the case for t-mobile uk) . Most of the import Chinese phones have a generic Imei code and wont work

i have some dual sim blackberry torchs for sale and they work fine over here
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions