Groups

Anyone ever done a credit card charge back before? Having problems with CEX

Anyone help please?
    Bought something from CEX Online the other day, when it arrived it was the wrong game and missing a disc, I subsequently spoke to them via email and was told to return it, I have done this but now they are saying they don't have t, even though it was sent recorded and has been tracked to them!!!
    they are trying to fobb me off by saying that I cant have a refund unless they see proof of who signed for it, and this is unavailable on the royal mail website at the moment, are they allowed to do this under the sale of goods act and can I just contact my bank to ask for a charge back (was paid for on a credit card).
    Thanks for the help.

Mike..

3 Comments

I guess its your word against theirs at the moment. Was it insured delivery? If you had a signed delivery they will have the signature shortly...I have never asked for credit return before but check your insurance as well...Good Luck

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5259714

I guess its your word against theirs at the moment. Was it insured … I guess its your word against theirs at the moment. Was it insured delivery? If you had a signed delivery they will have the signature shortly...I have never asked for credit return before but check your insurance as well...Good Luck

Well, royal mail insure stuff for upto £39 with recorded delivery, the game wasnt worth that much, but it is the principle of the matter.
    if I go to RM's website, and out in my tracking code, it says the item has been delivered, so really it is RM's word against CEX, now, i know RM are crap, but I believe them over the scoundrels at CEX, their forums are a wash with stories like this.

Mike..

Banned

The chargebacks are simple just telephone your credit card company and they will sort it for you. But there are certainly certain criteria that will need to be met. A dispute between you and the seller may not be enough
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions