Groups

Anyone ever done the F1 experience?

Looking for some tips/info/advice etc on going to an Formula 1 event.

Would love to hear from people that have done a similar thing and there various views and opinions of how I should go about it.

Something that I have always said I would do.

Would love to go to one at any of the following places:
    Spain, Monaco, Turkey, European(Valencia), Germany, Hungary, Belgium or Italy.

Seen some deals on Thomas Cook wbesite, but just wondering what peoples opinions are on going for the 3 days etc, and whether you can organise travel, hotels and tickets individually which I would imagine would be cheaper than the likes of a Thomas Cook package.

Cheers

12 Comments

considered the british gp?

Go to Spa -- by far the best F1 circuit I have been to... just take an anorak

Have done the British GP, it was great, except it rained all weekend and everywhere was a mud bath. Very expensive too. We camped in the Silverstone site but the facilities were not great.

We now go to the BTCC, about £30 for the weekend and the action is great. If it rains, then you've not lost too much money if you decide not to go, and kids get to go free.

I would seriously consider the Touring Cars instead :thumbsup:

dont go to hungary for f1 most boring race on the calendar lol

KazzyD;8664954

Have done the British GP, it was great, except it rained all weekend and … Have done the British GP, it was great, except it rained all weekend and everywhere was a mud bath. Very expensive too. We camped in the Silverstone site but the facilities were not great.We now go to the BTCC, about £30 for the weekend and the action is great. If it rains, then you've not lost too much money if you decide not to go, and kids get to go free. I would seriously consider the Touring Cars instead :thumbsup:

good points

but f1 is one hell of an experience ive never been to a race but have seen the renault f1 car go around silverstone during the world series, to see one of those cars go around a corner is something else the cornering speed is just ridiculous and of course the sound is awesome.

I can only imagine what 24 cars look like coming through the becketts complex on the first few laps at silverstone must be awesome.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8664675

Go to the TT instead and enjoy the feel of motorbikes going passed at up … Go to the TT instead and enjoy the feel of motorbikes going passed at up to 200mph just inches from where you are :thumbsup:

No thanks. Not for me..

Original Poster

numptyj;8664969

dont go to hungary for f1 most boring race on the calendar lol

Yeah doesn`t seem the best right enough,but if I got a good deal I`d probably go.

Original Poster

ctuk;8664758

considered the british gp?

Yeah, but would love to go abroad. Probably less likely to rain too..:-D

Yes Spa is good went with the family in 2006. stayed at center parcs erperheide. It's about 1 1/4 hours away. Just left the girls to do center parc stuff and the lads went to the GP (fri,sat, sun).

ive never been to a race and would love to go, im really hoping next year to go.. We was thinking possibly turkey and coinciding it with a holiday there for 2 weeks...

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8665219

:? well i guess if you follow F1 your not into anything really exciting … :? well i guess if you follow F1 your not into anything really exciting Each to his own :thumbsup:

Don`t actually follow it to be honest. Used to love it but not now. Just that I always wanted to go to one but was too young and parents couldn`t afford to take me. Now I feel I`m at a good age to go and have some cash burning a hole in my pocket so why not..:;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2472
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767386
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1521
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?44

See more discussions