Anyone Ever Had To Leave Uni Because The Timetable Wasn't Suitable? =O

Found 19th Nov 2009
Just Wondering If Its Happend To Anyone Else, It Can be Quite A Bad Situation To Be In!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

What do you mean by not suitable? :thinking:

First I've heard of that to be honest - if you're doing a full-time uni course then surely you're expected to be available 9 - 5 Monday to Friday. Then again I had to stay behind till half seven for some lectures when I went, so God knows... :?

What's so unsuitable about it?

Original Poster

Had Some Lecturers At 8-9... And Its Not Too Good To Have 5 Hour Breaks Between Seminar When Comuting... Lol

CheeseCake90;6944257

Had Some Lecturers At 8-9... And Its Not Too Good To Have 5 Hour Breaks … Had Some Lecturers At 8-9... And Its Not Too Good To Have 5 Hour Breaks Between Seminar When Comuting... Lol

I didn't have many breaks because my course had lots of contact hours. However, when I did have gaps for whatever reason, I worked or spent time with friends. That's pretty normal.

CheeseCake90;6944257

Had Some Lecturers At 8-9... And Its Not Too Good To Have 5 Hour Breaks … Had Some Lecturers At 8-9... And Its Not Too Good To Have 5 Hour Breaks Between Seminar When Comuting... Lol

Everyone has breaks eventually. Just spend that time studying/researching or doing assignments - At this stage you should have some deadlines coming up.

CheeseCake90;6944257

Yeah the gaps can be a bit of a grind, but that's all part of it. Mainly the part where you go to the pub in all honesty... or if you're a truly good (masochistic) person, spending it in the library. Was it really so bad that you had to leave? Timetables tend to drastically change between semesters, and it's normal to have ones similar to that you've described. Personally I'd rather either be late or not turn up, learn the lecture material independently if it was impossible to get there, or live on/near campus than jack it in, seems a waste for a semester's inconvenience.

Original Poster

Cant Realy Live On Campus, Spent Money Buying A Car, I Spoke To The Timetable People At The Uni... They Changed My Timetable Buts Its Pretty Much The Same, And I was Told That Its Quite Possible That The Times Will Be The Same In The Following Years To Come, Hmm

Spend the gaps in the library studying.

CheeseCake90;6944350

Cant Realy Live On Campus, Spent Money Buying A Car, I Spoke To The … Cant Realy Live On Campus, Spent Money Buying A Car, I Spoke To The Timetable People At The Uni... They Changed My Timetable Buts Its Pretty Much The Same, And I was Told That Its Quite Possible That The Times Will Be The Same In The Following Years To Come, Hmm

Surely it's also possible that they wont be? You're not going to be attending the same lectures and seminars semester after semester, so it should shift somewhat - it's really just a lucky bag. As said though, it doesn't seem like a major problem, just a bit of an inconvenience. How far do you have to commute - at least you miss rush hour when you have to be there for 8 :thumbsup:

On the bright side it seems you get quite a bit of free time in the day - I used to pretty much full days for most of the week and held two jobs to get by, so it's not all bad.

A full time university course is only partly lectures, you are supposed to make the rest of the time up with personal study, so spend the intervening hours in the library!

i had to drop a module because work will only let me have one day a week off

DVS_Dee;6944378

I would have thought that was a good idea too, free up evenings to having fun or doing a part time job.
How big is the commute?

On Mondays last year I had lectures from 9am-8pm! Not enjoyable! Especially when the 9am one was Quantitative Techniques and the last was Financial Accounting! Blurgh!

when i was at college i did a 9 - 9 and before that i had a 9-12 then 6-9 6 hour gap and it was too far for me to go home n come back so i understand what u mean but at the end of the day if u wanna do it u will do it x

Banned

sounds more like a reason to want to leave, rather than the real one

Original Poster

Nooo I Really Enjoy Uni, But Im Cant Do Those Times Due To A Medical Condition... Which Is Why I Commute And Not Stay On Campus, Its A 30mile Commute, But I Got The Car Of My Dreams! Lol... Its Just A Bit Anoying Having To Leave, And Was jsut Wondering How Common This Case Was =P

Original Poster

baffledsalmon;6944539

On Mondays last year I had lectures from 9am-8pm! Not enjoyable! … On Mondays last year I had lectures from 9am-8pm! Not enjoyable! Especially when the 9am one was Quantitative Techniques and the last was Financial Accounting! Blurgh!

Hahaha Those Are The Modules That Are Unsuitable! Lool

I Tried The Hammer And Now I Cant Seem To Control The Volume Of My Typing

Did my second degree part time while I was working full time.
6pm till 9pm for three years.
How much do you want it?

If it is due to medical surely you can speak to em but like i say when u have gaps just go in libary i am sure u have plenty of work to do =] x

CheeseCake90;6944257

When I went to Uni I aleady had my lil boy.

Would leave him at the childminder's at 7am and not be able to pick him up usuaally until 7pm- I rarely saw him!

I lived off campus so he would have a "normal" experience of home life and often had to go in for a seminar at 8am... only to have to wait til late afternoon for the last one running up to 6pm.

My timetable was a nightmare!!

This isn't a good enough reason to drop out though.

Is there another reason you'd have for considering not going? xxx

Come on hun... cowboy up!!

:friends:

DVS_Dee;6944378

+1

...and to learn English. :lol:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6944723

Maybe they did it on purpose because you always SHOUT.I DON'T GET IT?

moob;6948137

+1...and to learn English. :lol:

What Language Have I Been Using Then? :?

Original Poster

Thanx For All Your Posts Peeps, Its given Me A Good Insight Of The Situation! Take Care x

lol you cant complain about the times you deal with it! my friend gets a day off shes on a different course to me, next sememster she has 3 days off!

for me
monday 10-12
tuesday 10 - 11 and (11:10-5 every 3 weeks when i have lab )
wednesday 9-11 and 11-1
thursday 9-11, 11-1 got an hour break then tutorials 2-5
friday 9-10, 10-12 and see personal tutor 12-1, 2-5 tutorials

wish i had days off but i dont and have to deal with it
if you have breaks between lectures just pop into the library to study
Post a comment
@
    Text