Groups

Anyone ever hired a Minibus in France?

Anyone had any experience of hiring a minibus in France. Looking to fly to Bergerac in the Dordogne as part of a group to stay in a villa for a week. Did the usual searches but it appears the largest all the main hire companies offer is a 5+2 MPV. Not enough and the £800 pricetag was taking the micky a bit.

All help gratefully received.

5 Comments

dates? and how many seats do you need?

Minibuses are ridiculously priced abroad, you would be better hiring 3 cars, it will work out miles cheaper :thumbsup:

driver licensing in the rest of europe is different to the UK and i seem to remember that they don't let you drive minibuses without a full vocational licence (ie a proper bus license and not just a car license with the restricted D1 on it)

Original Poster

End of May, for a week probably, nothing confirmed as yet due to getting 12 people to arrange time off. Looking at the car option I think Transit/Niall, as you said much easier to plan, just means if we go out for a drink then I'll have to do 3 runs (only non-drinker)

Original Poster

Minibus would be far easier though when you consider 6 guys (hand luggage) and 6 women + 45kg luggage each no doubt. If there are differing licencing laws there then it looks like the option is goosed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions