Groups

anyone ever reported a vehicle for having an out of date tax disc?

and did anything get done about it?

122 Comments

yep, and vehicle got clamped

Original Poster

nice one

Does annoy if people do this as if you wouldnt like it happening to you dont do it! As its not effecting you?

If you live where my daughters school is - you don't need to report it !!

Went to pick her up today and in the car park behind school, there were 2 police cars, a police van and various officers wandering round. Parked up and then a tow truck turned up and it loaded 2 of the parked cars on it - turns out they were doing a tax disc and insurance check and had immediately siezed 2 cars and took them away :w00t:

Still, least the weather was nice for their walk home with their kids afterwards :whistling:

Naeem786;4501153

Does annoy if people do this as if you wouldnt like it happening to you … Does annoy if people do this as if you wouldnt like it happening to you dont do it! As its not effecting you?

Never had any need to myself, but as someone who pays road tax, it does effect me, because it means someone's getting a free ride! Costs nearly £200 for 12 months, why should they get away with it for free.

Got my neighbours car clamped by the DVLA van - he's an ****

Original Poster

well if its not taxed chances are they arent insured and would you want them driving round where you live?

Naeem786;4501153

Does annoy if people do this as if you wouldnt like it happening to you … Does annoy if people do this as if you wouldnt like it happening to you dont do it! As its not effecting you?

It may also be likely that if they can't be bothered to pay for tax, they might not be paying for insurance either and if they crash into or damage my car and they're uninsured, then it actually affects me quite a lot really

The wardens do patrol my road now which is brilliant, quite funny watch the local gym bunnies run out and try and bargain with them lol

I do this all the time, whenever i am walikng i like to check the tax disc on every car i walk past (it's like a game) and every time i clock one thats expired i make a call and report it. I do this because I am a Road Inspector and people who fail to pay road tax means my salary is affected and there is less money in the kitty for road repairs.
    But most importantly I do this because I am a SAD GIT with nothing better to do and i get kicks out of making peoples lives miserable! I believe that the british people are NOT taxed heavily enough and that there should be more stealth taxes to help screw the british public.

Bossworld;4501173

Never had any need to myself, but as someone who pays road tax, it does … Never had any need to myself, but as someone who pays road tax, it does effect me, because it means someone's getting a free ride! Costs nearly £200 for 12 months, why should they get away with it for free.

Yea and I pay tax and insurance too, but they will get caught in the end and no point telling on them as may be 1-2 days overdue?

Original Poster

well ive already done it using the online dvla form tonight, was just wondering if anything will definetly come of it? the car isnt always parked outside the house so i dont know where it goes all the other time but the tax ran out last month. and to top it off i really cant stand the owners

donnaraine;4501223

well ive already done it using the online dvla form tonight, was just … well ive already done it using the online dvla form tonight, was just wondering if anything will definetly come of it? the car isnt always parked outside the house so i dont know where it goes all the other time but the tax ran out last month. and to top it off i really cant stand the owners

good for you :thumbsup:

donnaraine;4501223

well ive already done it using the online dvla form tonight, was just … well ive already done it using the online dvla form tonight, was just wondering if anything will definetly come of it? the car isnt always parked outside the house so i dont know where it goes all the other time but the tax ran out last month. and to top it off i really cant stand the owners

They will be issued an automatice £80 fine via the post first

Original Poster

choc1969;4501235

good for you :thumbsup:

thanks choc

DAMNOME;4501243

They will be issued an automatice £80 fine via the post first

thats if its registered at the right address,

Fully support you - it does effect you as you know, but that shouldn't be the point, the police/HMRC need all the help they can get.

Original Poster

bargain surfer;4501209

I do this all the time, whenever i am walikng i like to check the tax … I do this all the time, whenever i am walikng i like to check the tax disc on every car i walk past (it's like a game) and every time i clock one thats expired i make a call and report it. I do this because I am a Road Inspector and people who fail to pay road tax means my salary is affected and there is less money in the kitty for road repairs. But most importantly I do this because I am a SAD GIT with nothing better to do and i get kicks out of making peoples lives miserable! I believe that the british people are NOT taxed heavily enough and that there should be more stealth taxes to help screw the british public.

you being sarcastic? about the sad git part i mean?

Original Poster

pghstochaj;4501270

Fully support you - it does effect you as you know, but that shouldn't be … Fully support you - it does effect you as you know, but that shouldn't be the point, the police/HMRC need all the help they can get.

thankyou. i honestly thought i would get alot of hate for doing it

If its being used the yeah report it, but I thought it may be parked and not being used!! :-D

But running a car is expensive!! In America do they pay Tax?

Bossworld;4501173

Never had any need to myself, but as someone who pays road tax, it does … Never had any need to myself, but as someone who pays road tax, it does effect me, because it means someone's getting a free ride! Costs nearly £200 for 12 months, why should they get away with it for free.

You have to pay £400 now if you have a band G car registered on or after 23/03/06. :w00t:

Naeem786;4501153

Naeem786;4501213

Yea and I pay tax and insurance too, but they will get caught in the end … Yea and I pay tax and insurance too, but they will get caught in the end and no point telling on them as may be 1-2 days overdue?

I don't envisage most people who report it are waiting by the phone as the clock ticks down, everyone makes mistakes, but you'd imagine a large number of tax-dodgers are slightly more than a few days out.

Shambolic;4501318

You have to pay £400 now if you have a band G car registered on or after … You have to pay £400 now if you have a band G car registered on or after 23/03/06. :w00t:

It's a 1995 pug 1.9dt 306, so it's before the 2001 change thankfuly.

donnaraine;4501302

I just phoned the Police and they sent the DVLA van round to clamp the car...

Don't see why we should pay tax when others don't

good for you Donna :thumbsup:

donnaraine;4501302

I think you will, people generally have a go at the police for not doing enough and then have a go at people helping them out. I assume it's more than a few days out of date, though?

I don't understand the "it doesn't effect you" argument (when it clearly does). Most crimes wouldn't effect me, but I would still want to help out if I could.

Original Poster

Naeem786;4501310

If its being used the yeah report it, but I thought it may be parked and … If its being used the yeah report it, but I thought it may be parked and not being used!! :-DBut running a car is expensive!! In America do they pay Tax?

well when its parked up its on a public road, it disappears for a couple days but i dont know where to. but it must be getting driven if its moving from the parking spot

Yep I have done it several times, the vehicles got clamped and towed. They were by the same owner who took great pleasure in buying heaps of unroadworthy junk and parking them right outside my elderly neighbours house as he didn't like them

Naeem786;4501310

If its being used the yeah report it, but I thought it may be parked and … If its being used the yeah report it, but I thought it may be parked and not being used!! :-DBut running a car is expensive!! In America do they pay Tax?

On a public road it has to be taxed and insured, regardless of whether it is being used.

The USA is a different country with different priorities and therefore difficult to compare, they pay an annual registration fee instead.

Naeem786;4501310

My neighbours car was parked on a pavment for 4 months and never driven,,,
    The tax run out and after 4 weeks I got it clamped for him...

And told him so.

pghstochaj;4501357

On a public road it has to be taxed and insured, regardless of whether it … On a public road it has to be taxed and insured, regardless of whether it is being used.

And, MOT'd if 3 years old too.

Original Poster

so how long until something happens? days? weeks? months?

My neighbour has only just renewd hers it was 5 months out of date but i'd feel mean reporting a neighbour.

a ****** in a porsche parked in a disabled space and didnt display a badge which wound me up than i clocked he didnt have tax, so i reported him, dont know what happend tho

Naeem786;4501213

Yea and I pay tax and insurance too, but they will get caught in the end … Yea and I pay tax and insurance too, but they will get caught in the end and no point telling on them as may be 1-2 days overdue?

If they're 1-2 days overdue then they will still be within their grace period and probably just get a reminder. Some people may just do so out of vengeance but others it may be because the car is possibly an obstruction on the road when a SORN'd vehicle should be off the road.

John

Original Poster

deb8z;4501462

My neighbour has only just renewd hers it was 5 months out of date but … My neighbour has only just renewd hers it was 5 months out of date but i'd feel mean reporting a neighbour.

i dont feel mean reporting these at all, they are the scum of the street! the kids are tearaways and the whole family just dont know how to be quiet. when im working nightshift the kids always play in the bedroom next to mine during the day so i dont get any sleep, then im expected to go to work to look after disabled people when im shattered and could be considered a liability. so lets just call this my revenge

I think good on your for reporting them if they not taxed they not insured and i wouldnt fancie being hit by a un insured car , hopefully once reported they wont do it again

and, not quite the same but today in the asda an old lady in a honda hit another car whilst parking up, and drove off, so i made a note of the reg and left it under the wiper of the damaged car for when the owner returned.

Original Poster

ding;4501501

and, not quite the same but today in the asda an old lady in a honda hit … and, not quite the same but today in the asda an old lady in a honda hit another car whilst parking up, and drove off, so i made a note of the reg and left it under the wiper of the damaged car for when the owner returned.

good on you! why should people get away with it?

ding;4501501

and, not quite the same but today in the asda an old lady in a honda hit … and, not quite the same but today in the asda an old lady in a honda hit another car whilst parking up, and drove off, so i made a note of the reg and left it under the wiper of the damaged car for when the owner returned.

Thats so kind of you someone hit my friend last week and drove off she never found out who did it and shes left with nearly £500 bill to pay for the car to be fixed its so annyoing

Johnmcl7;4501477

If they're 1-2 days overdue then they will still be within their grace … If they're 1-2 days overdue then they will still be within their grace period and probably just get a reminder. Some people may just do so out of vengeance but others it may be because the car is possibly an obstruction on the road when a SORN'd vehicle should be off the road.John

i think they get 15 days grace

Original Poster

ding;4501519

i think they get 15 days grace

this car is just over a month out of date, so out of the grace period
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490