Expired

Anyone ever returned a sealed computer game back to argos?

Found 22nd Dec 2014
Well today i found out me and a relative have bought ou little boy the same ps vita game. Tomorrow will be the 7th day from when i bought it from argos but im googling horror stories about argos refusing refunds on games.

This game is brand new sealed still.

Anyone returned for a full refund?

11 Comments

Shouldn't have any problems as long as its sealed and you have the receipt. Worst case scenario they give you store credit but a full refund is the only thing you should expect.

Original Poster

mclovin9091

Shouldn't have any problems as long as its sealed and you have the … Shouldn't have any problems as long as its sealed and you have the receipt. Worst case scenario they give you store credit but a full refund is the only thing you should expect.

Cheers,

bought it with a gift card, but happy to accept the money back onto the gift card. Will try tomorrow and see what they say.

i returned 5 today as they were cheaper elsewhere. no longer had the item code sticker on them either but still fully sealed. no problem returning them

mclovin9091

Shouldn't have any problems as long as its sealed and you have the … Shouldn't have any problems as long as its sealed and you have the receipt. Worst case scenario they give you store credit but a full refund is the only thing you should expect.

You are aware that if there is nothing wrong with the item purchased, the shop don't have to do jack?

It's goodwill on their behalf, nothing else.
Edited by: "DEALS4EVA" 22nd Dec 2014

You'll get a refund to the gift card then, no cash.

Original Poster

DEALS4EVA

You are aware that if there is nothing wrong with the item purchased, the … You are aware that if there is nothing wrong with the item purchased, the shop don't have to do jack?It's goodwill on their behalf, nothing else.

I read that up too.

I think i will stick to buying online where you can return anything no matter what under the distance selling act.

J4GG4

I read that up too.I think i will stick to buying online where you can … I read that up too.I think i will stick to buying online where you can return anything no matter what under the distance selling act.

As long as it's within 14 days.

J4GG4

I read that up too.I think i will stick to buying online where you can … I read that up too.I think i will stick to buying online where you can return anything no matter what under the distance selling act.

No you cant return "anything" there are some exceptions and software is one of them if the seal is broken, you also have the cost of returning the goods if the seller does not offer free returns
Edited by: "deanos" 23rd Dec 2014

computer games are exempted from 30 day money back

Original Poster

They refunded no questions asked.

Maybe because they have since ran out of stock of this game and at the same time bumped the price up by £10.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564056
    2. Leicester sack their manager!69
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7851474
    4. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.78

See more discussions