Groups

Anyone ever sent laptop off repair to Carphone Warehouse before?

Just got mine back. DVD/CD drive not work properly. Anyway, I sent off in the original box yet they just sent me back a cardboard box. Not really happy with that. Is that common for CPW? If I was ever to sell it or send it off again I would need the box, but CPW kept it!

8 Comments

why did u send it to carphone warehouse to repair

why not the manufacturer?

Original Poster

micoo;7594549

why did u send it to carphone warehouse to repair :owhy not the … why did u send it to carphone warehouse to repair :owhy not the manufacturer?

Because bought it from CPW and they sent it off for repair. Dell make you pay postage. My contract was with CPW

bargainhunter2009;7594559

Because bought it from CPW and they sent it off for repair. Dell make you … Because bought it from CPW and they sent it off for repair. Dell make you pay postage. My contract was with CPW

well then its not their fault is it :roll: its dells

Original Poster

micoo;7594604

well then its not their fault is it :roll: its dells

CPW repaired it - have the job sheet. They never sent it do Dell

yes i have had problems with cpw, when i sent my hp laptop off to get fixed, it has never been right since, takes ages to start up and is very slow, and there were screws missing from around the screen, will never buy from them again.

weird that CPW repaired it as at Currys/PC world, the tech guys arent allowed to fix Dell laptops unless its an extended warranty accidental damage issue AND its out of original 12 month period!

we actually had a Dell engineer come to store to fix a customers machine

Original Poster

slackrat77;7594695

weird that CPW repaired it as at Currys/PC world, the tech guys arent … weird that CPW repaired it as at Currys/PC world, the tech guys arent allowed to fix Dell laptops unless its an extended warranty accidental damage issue AND its out of original 12 month period!we actually had a Dell engineer come to store to fix a customers machine

Really? It says on the receipt that CPW repaired it - went off to Wednesbury it says?

aye our tech guys arent contracted to fix Apple, microsoft or dell products, they must be serviced by their own engineers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764305
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions