Anyone ever used http://www.projectorsite.co.uk/ ?

Found 27th May 2011
... any good\any issues? have a load of cheap projectors on there, seem to be own brand - but cant seem to find reviews anywhere
Community Updates
Misc
38 Comments
dont even bother the site is a load off rubbish all the specs are lies. bought a full hd that was told and advertised at 1920 x 1080 pix but it was 800 x 600.you can find the same projectors on ebay for half the price.this guy lies go to abis web sit and click on any link it will take you to his site.it is one man who orders cheap projectors from china.you are better of with a name brand acer hd7503 are good and cheap with long life bulbs can get for £600 well worth the extra (i have one my self) do not touch abis you are warned lol
kervick

dont even bother the site is a load off rubbish all the specs are lies. … dont even bother the site is a load off rubbish all the specs are lies. bought a full hd that was told and advertised at 1920 x 1080 pix but it was 800 x 600.you can find the same projectors on ebay for half the price.this guy lies go to abis web sit and click on any link it will take you to his site.it is one man who orders cheap projectors from china.you are better of with a name brand acer hd7503 are good and cheap with long life bulbs can get for £600 well worth the extra (i have one my self) do not touch abis you are warned lol

Thanks for the head's up!!
I have had different experience than kervick. I used projectorsite.co.uk and I bought one of their projectors too. I'm very satisfied with the picture quality and found the price to be really reasonable than any other brands online.

I suggest kervick to read the specs before he buys any items. Projectorsite actually writes the NATIVE RESOLUTION next to its maximum supported resolution.

I don't see any problems with their service or product. I work for PC world myself and i sell other branded projectors, but I found projectorsite ABIS projectors to have the best prices out there!

I really recommend these guys. Don't listen to anyone who do not understand the projector specs.

Regards
Ivan
ivan1

I have had different experience than kervick. I used projectorsite.co.uk … I have had different experience than kervick. I used projectorsite.co.uk and I bought one of their projectors too. I'm very satisfied with the picture quality and found the price to be really reasonable than any other brands online. I suggest kervick to read the specs before he buys any items. Projectorsite actually writes the NATIVE RESOLUTION next to its maximum supported resolution.I don't see any problems with their service or product. I work for PC world myself and i sell other branded projectors, but I found projectorsite ABIS projectors to have the best prices out there!I really recommend these guys. Don't listen to anyone who do not understand the projector specs.RegardsIvan

Nice to see a new member commenting on a negative comment about his website.

All welcome.
jiminym

Nice to see a new member commenting on a negative comment about his … Nice to see a new member commenting on a negative comment about his website.All welcome.

isn't ivan one of the directors of that company?
r4ge

isn't ivan one of the directors of that company?

Well you know he's lying about working for PC World...no-one would admit to that!
Wouldnt touch them. There was a member on the AV forums, who placed an order and received a box of stale Blueberry muffins instead of his £600 projector.

Edited by: "jaybizzle" 5th Jun 2011
lol. don't think ivan is a director of that company. it looks like he was just being honest. did any of you actually try projectorsite yourself? you all look to be just messing about another company and someone elses's comments here rather than replying to the main topic.

i ordered a projector from CLEARCO RightProjectors.co.uk and received a pack of VGA cables...!! Shocking!!

Do you guys have any advice on any decent 3D TV?
bradley1

lol. don't think ivan is a director of that company. it looks like he was … lol. don't think ivan is a director of that company. it looks like he was just being honest. did any of you actually try projectorsite yourself? you all look to be just messing about another company and someone elses's comments here rather than replying to the main topic.i ordered a projector from CLEARCO RightProjectors.co.uk and received a pack of VGA cables...!! Shocking!!Do you guys have any advice on any decent 3D TV?

Ivan's changed his name to Bradley.
bradley1

lol. don't think ivan is a director of that company. it looks like he was … lol. don't think ivan is a director of that company. it looks like he was just being honest. did any of you actually try projectorsite yourself? you all look to be just messing about another company and someone elses's comments here rather than replying to the main topic.i ordered a projector from CLEARCO RightProjectors.co.uk and received a pack of VGA cables...!! Shocking!!Do you guys have any advice on any decent 3D TV?

ivan1 and bradley1.... Both joined up at the same time to defend a shady company. Hmmmm.

P.S. inb4 gavin1
I brought a projector from them which lasted a few weeks before developing a fault ( fan stopped, overheated and burnt lcd ) sent back for repair which cost me £10 shipping. They sent it back and now it's impossible to focus on whole of the screen, half of screen can be sharp and the rest blurred. They are refusing to refund or replace and are saying it was tested and there's nothing wrong with it.

Edited by: "lee42leic" 6th Jun 2012
update: they sent me another projector and a 10 meter hdmi cable for the inconvenience. I hope this one lasts longer than previous one. Diane is very nice and helpful and tries her best to solve issues, an asset to their company. I was angry when I posted last comment. Will update in couple of months to let people know if this projector is ok.
realblender

It is amazing the customer service you receive by moaning on the … It is amazing the customer service you receive by moaning on the internet. Good thing that you chose a forum and thread that is monitored by the company in question. I hope you get a good picture quality of your 10m hdmi cable.

it's just in a pile with tons of other unused hdmi cables to be honest. I would rather have been refunded the £10 postage it cost me to get issue resolved but hey ho.
They are selling a ABIS 32" 3D TV for £239, too good to be true?
Na I'd avoid these guys I bought the HD12 Pro and its the worst purchase ever this thing is a absolute mess it could have been put together better by a 12 year old first of all the appearance is disgustingly put together bad joints and big black screws covering the wording for "audio in" etc small complaint but come on. Then the lens is the most irritating thing ever you try focus it and it either dives (yes dives!) inside the actual casing of the projector which is a NIGHTMARE to try get back out or you sit for hours upon hours just focusing 1 side only for the other side to go all fuzzy and picture quality lol! its a absolute joke they have a cheek calling it the HD12 pro as nothing about this picture is HD and now to top it all off its a month old and its already broke after contacting abis turns out I have to pay to get it returned? by this point I was sick of abis I dont want this projector back I don't trust abis and I am currently demanding my money refunded it may possibly be too late for me but hopefully its not too late for anyone else trust your gut on this one if your asking "is it too good to be true?" the answer is YES! don't do it save yourself money and hassle you could probably buy and find out yourself and return it just make sure its within the apparent ""7 days"" period which is total crap as it did not mention any sort of time constraint on returns and refunds
jay2oh when you say "broke" what do you mean? what went wrong? my one overheated due to a faulty fan and burnt the lcd panel. I agree with you that no one should buy one of these, they're very poor.
For the first 8 Months the product was fantastic - better than that amazing - but as soon as you have a problem - there after sales are Crap . . Customer services need re-training . . Sent product away 5 weeks ago . . still not had it back . . .
Hi,
I bought HDPRO and within first 20 days..used only 5 times ..it stopped working. Rang customer service and have been told that I have to pay for it be collected to be checked by technicians. I have waited now from last two days for the manager to give me a call back as I am challenging collection charge imposed on me. I understand if I was using this projector from many months then I would have paid but in using couple of time fault occurred which to me means its not built to a good standard.
I think I looked at them ages ago and realised that the specs were obviously wrong. Full HD projector for something like £200, dream on!!!
I bought a HD projector from them and it was a lot cheaper than the other brands. However, I had to send it back for a full service as my son dropped the projector and caused some damages. I understand that it was not covered under the warranty, but they did a free full service on it and checked everything for free on my item. I had my item returned in less than 4 days where most companies like Sony took 8 weeks to return my TV what was having some problems. Anyways, I think the service is ok, but the price is well cheaper than most brands out there. and no they do not have a HD projector for £200, lol. check the native resolution and technical data, it tells you clearly on their description. well, you never know, they may aswell sell one within this price range in very near future, cos the prices are really good and yes i am a happy bunny. lol
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! the replacement hd 12 pro i have is developing a burnt, discolouration on screen now. i am saving up to get a proper projector not this piece of junk. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
oh and if like me you have received a notice supposedly from a marketing Executive named tony, ignore it as it is bogus.
the address on the website he asks you to go to is really Ariful Islam 70 Price Street
Birkenhead
Wirral
CH41 3QZ
United Kingdom.

it is very suspect indeed all the underhand, dishonest practices surrounding this chap and his business.
we should all get in touch with trading standards and pursue full refunds and get this person stopped before more people waste their money on goods that are not fit for purpose.
lee42leic

update: they sent me another projector and a 10 meter hdmi cable for the … update: they sent me another projector and a 10 meter hdmi cable for the inconvenience. I hope this one lasts longer than previous one. Diane is very nice and helpful and tries her best to solve issues, an asset to their company. I was angry when I posted last comment. Will update in couple of months to let people know if this projector is ok.

Wasn't the above from you lee42leic ?

I have been using their projector for the past two years and I also recommended them to some of my friends. No one has had any problems with them so far. Its unfortunate for companies that some customers try to get something out of them by using forums to write things about them. To be honest; I think there are thousands of other people out there who are happy with their projectors from this company. Only a few of them have time to come and say stuff on a forum. I use their HDPRO and I love my item. Thanks to ABIS staff for all the help and support.

It is also good that comments are monitored and this company has actually tried solving the issues and offered support to buyers who may have a problem with their purchase .

Don't you think companies like Acer, Sony or Panasonic have any issues with their products? of course they do and they have negative and positive reviews like the others. I like to save a little money, so do most people out there; so I bought my very cool gadget from ABIS. They are cheaper in price with decent quality.
andycoulson

Wasn't the above from you lee42leic ? I have been using their projector … Wasn't the above from you lee42leic ? I have been using their projector for the past two years and I also recommended them to some of my friends. No one has had any problems with them so far. Its unfortunate for companies that some customers try to get something out of them by using forums to write things about them. To be honest; I think there are thousands of other people out there who are happy with their projectors from this company. Only a few of them have time to come and say stuff on a forum. I use their HDPRO and I love my item. Thanks to ABIS staff for all the help and support.It is also good that comments are monitored and this company has actually tried solving the issues and offered support to buyers who may have a problem with their purchase .Don't you think companies like Acer, Sony or Panasonic have any issues with their products? of course they do and they have negative and positive reviews like the others. I like to save a little money, so do most people out there; so I bought my very cool gadget from ABIS. They are cheaper in price with decent quality.

Dude, no one is falling for your ****.
they think we are as stupid as them. i am not trying to get anything, all i want is a projector that isn't faulty. as for the 10 meter hdmi cable, i have never used it and never wanted it, i would sooner have not had to pay £10 to send the faulty one back. sick of it. wish i had brought one from a reputable company. you live and you learn.
lee42leic

they think we are as stupid as them. i am not trying to get anything, all … they think we are as stupid as them. i am not trying to get anything, all i want is a projector that isn't faulty. as for the 10 meter hdmi cable, i have never used it and never wanted it, i would sooner have not had to pay £10 to send the faulty one back. sick of it. wish i had brought one from a reputable company. you live and you learn.

That cable probably doesn't even work.
surprise, surprise. i was told via their online chat that the owner would contact me today and he didn't.
glad to see projectorsite have now changed the site info and stopped lying about the specs must have got fedup of the returns???
still not been contacted by them, so they are quite happy to leave customers with faulty projectors. no fans have failed in this unit and still a burnt looking, brown large blob in middle of screen. time to contact trading standards again and if i get no joy fill car with petrol and drive up to the wirral and extract a full refund from this dodgy chap.
update: my projector has stopped working altogether. utter garbage.
update: spoke to the very helpful diane and projector is being collected, will let everyone know the result. in mean time i have brought an acer x110p and am blown away with picture quality, all over crisp focus, silent running. great machine.
I BOUGHT A PROJECTOR FROM THIS SITE TWO WEEKS AGO,ONLY TO FIND IT WAS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY DVD AND VIDEO PLAYER HAD TO BUY HDMI EQUIPMENT, WISH AD WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEAR.THE AFTER SALES SERVICE HAS MUCH TO BE DESIRED,BUT UP TO NOW PROJECTOR IS GOOD.
I have to say that ABIS or Projector site are the WORST company to deal with. They don't sell projectors they sell LIES.

I bought a broken piece of plastic from them with a lens, spoke to 2 people via email - which I strongly suspect is really just one person with 2 names who was rude an unhelpful, claiming that although I ordered , paid, recived goods (1 week late) plugged in the projector and it didn't work. Somehow that is my fault and they won't replace it.

Un believable.

I spotted the address above for 70 price street. That's an awful part of town, but only 1hr way from me, is it a warehouse? I'm tempted to drive over and get my £400 back.
update: the very helpful diane sent me out a brand new model which i am keeping unopened to sell on as the acer x110p blows the hd12 pro away in every way. when this company goes bust as it inevitably will due to products that are not fit for purpose any employer that acquires diane will be very lucky indeed as she performs admirably under what i imagine to be very difficult circumstances.
received the new projector, plugged it in and nothing! power lead was at fault. the prongs that connect to the fuse were all bent and covered in molten plastic. got another power lead and sold it for £100, feel a bit sorry for the person who brought it to be honest. lesson learnt, lost £90. buy a decent brand name projector. p.s anyone seen their advert on youtube featuring a horse with an abis banner on it's side being forced to dance?!!!!! yeah that's really going to get a nation of animal lovers to buy your junk. utter morons! stay well clear
I've had an led abis projector of them since march 2011 and touch wood is still great,the only thing I don't like abt it is the power cable connector is a bit slack,if a move the projector at all it switches off.oooooh weeeet
Positive (get what you pay for). its cheap, Chinese and built to a price but having said that:-

Now on my second projector from ABIS, first one 800 native but was noticeably better when given a full HD input. Accepting the fact that I wanted cheapest etc. went for LED again, I checked the specs this is 1280 out! they all seem to accept HDMI in! as suggested above read the instructions/spec. R.T.F.I.
This one calledLXLED6 for £385 well impressed. Can't justify a fancy machine over a thousand on top of a huge Philips tv. However have to say almost prefer the projector now. Use a soundbar underneath motorised screen and project to 100" diagonal. probably better at 60" for most domestic situations where it will be noticeably brighter and sharper. There are a number of presets on screen type and a personal menu to adjust as want. Found standard covered most and a bit brighter for some stuff. You have a choice.
Like a theatre, one benefits from room dark as possible and allow eyes some time to adjust, However this one is actually watchable with room lights so I am well impressed. Focus I use some binoculars to get the dots as sharp as possible. Key stone correction is manual, crude but effective. no zoom so a bit of thought and measuring for ceiling mount and the result is excellent. happy with stills quality but easier driving it from a dvd recorder. The built in usb ports and operation are complicated not logical and its easier to avoid. Machine feels reasonably robust with huge lens up front ( no doubt modern computers make the lens possible at sensible price) acceptable edge sharpness too.

Negatives, a couple of small black specs only see on clear areas, (think factory needs cleaner assembly area and check before closing up.
Fan a tiny bit noisy, esp if above head on ceiling but as consistent one tends to ignore it. Flare in the optical path and outside flattens the image a little. obviously a dark ceiling would be nice. lens was surprisingly dirty ( ultra care with microfiber cloth improved more flare source) do NOT rub.
Built in sound, tinny but acceptable, pity not seem to have got stereo speakers would have made it much better for taking to friend's house for fun but can hear clear speech no worries.

Otherwise give it a decent HD input and enjoy. Football not my game but now watchable. F1 amazing, time team like being in the trench. Big movies in blue ray stunning, make my own popcorn and enjoy. M

Hope this helps, venting steam is fine but doesn't change anything. Personally I have found the service well acceptable, personable and competent.
lee42leic

update: the very helpful diane sent me out a brand new model which i am … update: the very helpful diane sent me out a brand new model which i am keeping unopened to sell on as the acer x110p blows the hd12 pro away in every way. when this company goes bust as it inevitably will due to products that are not fit for purpose any employer that acquires diane will be very lucky indeed as she performs admirably under what i imagine to be very difficult circumstances.

this guy now sells cctv under the name of cctv planet - just beware
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants