Groups
  1. Misc
47 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Post-Pub Kebabs Add 1000 Calories

3 hours 8 mins ago
][img]http//l.…MG] Sky News
[LIST]
[*]]Print Story[/LIST]Doner kebabs in the UK have been found to contain the equivalent fat to drinking more than one and a half wine glasses of cooking oil.

[IMG]d.yimg.com/i/n…jpg,180[/IMG]
Post-Pub Kebabs Add 1000 Calories

A nationwide sample of the nutritional content of the takeaway meal found the average doner also contained close to an adult's entire daily recommended intake of salt. Before adding salad and sauce the average kebab contained 1,000 calories but researchers found some with 1,990. Last year food scientists tested a doner kebab containing 140g of fat - twice the amount a woman should eat in a day.This was said to be the calorific equivalent to drinking a wine glass full of cooking oil.

The most gut busting kebabs in this latest study provide 346% of a woman's saturated fat intake, close to drinking two wine glasses of cooking oil. Given that 60% of kebabs have been found to contain cholesterol raising trans fats, fans of the takeaway could be risking their health.

Another big finding was that 35% of the meat sent to kebab shops listed a different meat species than was actually contained. Six kebabs were found to include pork when it was not listed as an ingredient, two of which were described as Halal - which Muslims are permitted to eat. Christopher Baylis told Sky News Lacors want to make sure everyone is given the right information.

"The labelling is on the kebabs when they come from the manufacturers. It is bad not to convey exactly what is in the kebab," he said.

The minute weight difference between a small and large kebab is also a problem, said Chairman of Lacors, councillor Geoffrey Theobald.

"With ]obesity rates rising so rapidly in the UK, portion size is as important as what is being consumed. Reducing portion size is an easy and cost-effective way for small businesses to help people eat sensibly," he said

The study sampled 494 kebabs from 76 councils and found that the calorie count varied up and down the country. The average kebab in the North West of England contained 1,101 calories while in Scotland it was 1,084, in Wales 1,055 and 1,066 in south-west England. The lowest calorie kebabs can be found in ]Northern Ireland where the snack weighed in at an average of 843.

You will probably never believe this but, I've never had a kebab in my life !!! And after reading that probably never will now !!

still taste blooming marvellous

mmmmmmmm chilli sauce and mint mayo ????????? yum yum

As above....

Watched an article on BBC news this morning. YUK!!!

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

suze;4201330

You will probably never believe this but, I've never had a kebab in my … You will probably never believe this but, I've never had a kebab in my life !!! And after reading that probably never will now !!

I believe you, I've only ever had 1, well part of one anyway, on my 18th, the pavement had the rest (and my bit too!!)

I prefer the salad myself...... with the doner as a added bonus!

The perfect deal breaker for Valentines Day

Mijooly;4201363

I believe you, I've only ever had 1, well part of one anyway, on my 18th, … I believe you, I've only ever had 1, well part of one anyway, on my 18th, the pavement had the rest (and my bit too!!)

:giggle:

I love kebabs and I know they are greasy as **** but cant help love them, especially after a trip to the pub.

I read last week in the metro i think that the founder of the kebab past away so in his name we should all eat kebab.

Chicken donner and garlic sauce please!!!!!

Original Poster Banned

suze;4201330

You will probably never believe this but, I've never had a kebab in my … You will probably never believe this but, I've never had a kebab in my life !!! And after reading that probably never will now !!

only ever eaten a doner kebab once....

only that once as I got food poisoning off it...never been as sick as that...couldnt move for 2 days and over a week I was being sick...never again!

like the fillet kebabs though as its fresh cooked in front of me...and then only from decent places

4real;4201442

I love kebabs and I know they are greasy as **** but cant help love them, … I love kebabs and I know they are greasy as **** but cant help love them, especially after a trip to the pub.I read last week in the metro i think that the founder of the kebab past away so in his name we should all eat kebab.Chicken donner and garlic sauce please!!!!!

I found the article:thumbsup:
eat one on this dude

metro.co.uk/new…=34

I'll still have 'em

oh its another news story about things we all ready knew.

who gets paid to tell us the people underage drink and that binge drinking is bad for you

if you didnt know that kababs are full of fat you must have been living in a cave and eating moss all your life

Yuk,

Im glad ive never had one.

Yes please

;-)no problem i usually have 3 on a friday nite after being on the lash!..that's 3 large one's with salad and mayo on..then i dont eat another thing until mon morning...gotta die of something rather than nothing! yummy roll on friday:whistling:

I heard this on the radio on way to work this morning "scientists have pulled apart a donner kebab and now know what it contains" I was like, well I know that, nan/pitta, donner meat, "salad" and yoghurt and mint sauce" these scientists eh?

MinstrelMan;4201725

I heard this on the radio on way to work this morning "scientists have … I heard this on the radio on way to work this morning "scientists have pulled apart a donner kebab and now know what it contains" I was like, well I know that, nan/pitta, donner meat, "salad" and yoghurt and mint sauce" these scientists eh?

:roll::roll:

jellybaby22;4201645

I have only eaten them when im drunk.....tbh..they look … I have only eaten them when im drunk.....tbh..they look minging....yuk......

you refering to the kebab or kerry katona? I wouldnt eat her even if I was drunk and I've don some wrong'uns in my time.

jellybaby22;4201761

:lol: :lol: nah I dont think I would do Kerry Katona...although she aint … :lol: :lol: nah I dont think I would do Kerry Katona...although she aint that bad.....maybe after a few bacardi breezers.......:)

please she on a par with jade goody! :x fat scouse bint!

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;4201788

NO WAY!!!

No ones as bad as her...wish someone would shoot her!

MinstrelMan;4201788

i agree ..but 1 thing see aint scouse..she's a manc...warrington actually

The meat equivalent of a Yorkie bar.

Proper mans' nosh - not for girls.

robtallica;4201867

The meat equivalent of a Yorkie bar.Proper mans' nosh - not for girls.

I eat both

Not a doner but fresh chick breast, loads of salad, garlic mayo and a whole chilli in a pitta :-D

Don't be mean ,Jade Goody has got cervical cancer and the outlook for her isn't good.

I don't have doner anymore, since reading how much fat was in one.. I like chicken kebabs, not the chicken doner, the proper chunks of chicken... I don't see how they can be that unhealthy either.. yummmm

Mr Weasle;4201847

i agree ..but 1 thing see aint scouse..she's a manc...warrington … i agree ..but 1 thing see aint scouse..she's a manc...warrington actually

warrington is worse..... its all scouse, manc-wannabes, it doesnt have its own identity :lol:

theres todays text hand granade....... who's biting?

Original Poster Banned

deb8z;4201925

Don't be mean ,Jade Goody has got cervical cancer and the outlook for her … Don't be mean ,Jade Goody has got cervical cancer and the outlook for her isn't good.

sorry but just because she has cervical cancer doesnt mean we have to like her. Yeah I wouldnt wish it on here or anything but nothing should change...shes a complete moron.

choc1969;4201909

I eat both :pNot a doner but fresh chick breast, loads of salad, garlic … I eat both :pNot a doner but fresh chick breast, loads of salad, garlic mayo and a whole chilli in a pitta :-D

I have the same as you but with chilli sauce. I have a mix kebab of chicken and lamb.

I wondered why our frenchies we have tasted so nice :giggle:

robtallica;4201966

I have the same as you but with chilli sauce. I have a mix kebab of … I have the same as you but with chilli sauce. I have a mix kebab of chicken and lamb.I wondered why our frenchies we have tasted so nice :giggle:

your hot in so many ways......;-)

ps love nuts in my choc too :whistling:

ODB_69;4201955

sorry but just because she has cervical cancer doesnt mean we have to … sorry but just because she has cervical cancer doesnt mean we have to like her. Yeah I wouldnt wish it on here or anything but nothing should change...shes a complete moron.

No one is saying you have to like her or change your opinion of her... but being mean about a single mum to young kids who only has a 50/50 chance of surviving makes you look quite nasty.

Just saying.

I'm not saying you have to like her,just saying she's ill

BTW shes not a Manc she's from darn sarth

Original Poster Banned

choc1969;4201990

your hot in so many ways......;-)ps love nuts in my choc too :whistling:

DI DI MAO (serious)

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;4201994

No one is saying you have to like her or change your opinion of her... … No one is saying you have to like her or change your opinion of her... but being mean about a single mum to young kids who only has a 50/50 chance of surviving makes you look quite nasty.Just saying.

fair enough but I dont think just because someone is ill doesnt mean I should be nice about them though, its hypocritical if I was.....same way the press slated Diana and then praised her when she died

deb8z;4201997

I'm not saying you have to like her,just saying she's illBTW shes not a … I'm not saying you have to like her,just saying she's illBTW shes not a Manc she's from darn sarth

Who is? Kerry Katona??

ODB_69;4202005

DI DI MAO (serious)

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22;4202033

dear god...starting on Diana now...:lol: you trying to get them out of … dear god...starting on Diana now...:lol: you trying to get them out of the woodwork......:w00t:no Jade Goody is from London..thats who they are talking about....or were you wishing death on Kerry Katona as well......:-D

OMG...what thread am I in??? a minute ago someone was questioning where Kerry Katona was from and now someone says shes from Down south?? is that another thread?? why bring up shes from down south??? OMG WTF CONFUSED!!!

ODB_69;4202021

fair enough but I dont think just because someone is ill doesnt mean I … fair enough but I dont think just because someone is ill doesnt mean I should be nice about them though, its hypocritical if I was.....same way the press slated Diana and then praised her when she died

I agree totally. I don't particularly like Jade, but she's going through carp I pray to god I never find out about myself personally. Hope she gets better for those 2 little boys.

jellybaby22;4202067

go back to sleep Doofus.....:roll:

radical use of the 90's word doofus there :thumbsup:

for some reason I always associate the word doofus with screetch from saved by the bell.

I'm surprised you haven't seen the pics of her,she hasn't got any hair now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. My parents want a coffee pod machine...Tassimo?56
    2. Budget Laptop - Help!33
    3. iPad 9.7 inch best deals??44
    4. Arranging a courier22

See more discussions