Groups

Anyone flown out from Heraklion Airport (Crete) lately?

Banned
    If so, how was it for you getting through passport control?

I ask as last year the queue was massive just to get through and some people even missed their flights. It took about an hour from the back to the front of the queue and we swore we would never go to that airport again.

However, we have found a cheap flight and the other airport on Crete (Chania) is twice the price so was hoping things had improved.

Thanks.

12 Comments

Banned

I think you'll find sassie got stuck there. Send her a pm :thumbsup:

we came back in august and the queue was fine, our flight was at midnight though.
    i would think that having a flight during the day would be alot busier!

Original Poster Banned

Foosball Chum;2987305

I think you'll find sassie got stuck there. Send her a pm :thumbsup:

Thanks but at that time wouldnt be a fair comparison
    sab;2987351

we came back in august and the queue was fine, our flight was at midnight … we came back in august and the queue was fine, our flight was at midnight though.i would think that having a flight during the day would be alot busier!

Cheers. Think I'll go to Chania instead as found a flight for £122 :thumbsup:

csiman;2987372

Thanks but at that time wouldnt be a fair comparisonCheers. Think I'll go … Thanks but at that time wouldnt be a fair comparisonCheers. Think I'll go to Chania instead as found a flight for £122 :thumbsup:

also i think you find sassie flew from both as she had to transfer

Banned

sorry of no help, flew into heraklion, but flew back from chania, although i flew back from heraklion last summer and never had any probls with long queues, where about you going to stay?

£122 is that one way?

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2987875

sorry of no help, flew into heraklion, but flew back from chania, … sorry of no help, flew into heraklion, but flew back from chania, although i flew back from heraklion last summer and never had any probls with long queues, where about you going to stay?£122 is that one way?

no, I paid £122 return to heraklion (dep date 14/10 for 1 week). Staying near rethymnon here :-

2 of us staying here paid £233 each for flights and 10 bed villa

jamesvillas.co.uk/vil…tle

Banned

csiman;3074027

no, I paid £122 return to heraklion (dep date 14/10 for 1 week).

good price, hope you have a fab holiday :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

sassie;3074033

good price, hope you have a fab holiday :thumbsup:

thanks. been before. rethymnon was too busy with traffic for us so will hire a car too.

nice villa huh?

Banned

csiman;3074047

thanks. been before. rethymnon was too busy with traffic for us so will … thanks. been before. rethymnon was too busy with traffic for us so will hire a car too.nice villa huh?

awww sounds fab, room in ya case for one more :-D

Original Poster Banned

sassie;3074057

awww sounds fab, room in ya case for one more :-D

8 more actually. I was thinking of sub-letting the other 8 beds for £50 each.

free holiday then :thumbsup:

]http//ww…tle

Banned

csiman;3074823

8 more actually. I was thinking of sub-letting the other 8 beds for £50 … 8 more actually. I was thinking of sub-letting the other 8 beds for £50 each.free holiday then :thumbsup:]http://www.jamesvillas.co.uk/villa.c...TA=villa_title

I'd join you but i think Sassie might beat me up

Banned

DLM;3074909

I'd join you but i think Sassie might beat me up

if i could be assed to find the post ide show it was the other way round, but cant be assed so there

count me in csiman, just need to find an orphange for the children for a week :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2597
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions