Anyone flown with China Eastern before?

Posted 21st Dec 2019
I have a flight booked for Jan but all I have so far is an itinerary, no tickets.

They don't have an app, and I've had no response from emailing their support, apart from an automated email.

Not very impressed so far.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Yes I have. If you’re a big person (about 6ft) do yourself a favour and upgrade from Economy if you haven’t already. My most uncomfortable trip to date, and I couldn’t afford the in plane upgrade price
ishybon21/12/2019 14:27

Yes I have. If you’re a big person (about 6ft) do yourself a favour and u …Yes I have. If you’re a big person (about 6ft) do yourself a favour and upgrade from Economy if you haven’t already. My most uncomfortable trip to date, and I couldn’t afford the in plane upgrade price

I'm 6'3 and going business 🏻

When did you get your tickets? A few days beforehand?
Bigfootpete21/12/2019 15:15

I'm 6'3 and going business 🏻 When did you get your tickets? A few … I'm 6'3 and going business 🏻 When did you get your tickets? A few days beforehand?

I was travelling in a large group and had no control over the tickets. Looked at the upgrade - they wanted I want to say £100 in Yuan in cash and I didn’t have that spare... That was economy plus with bigger legroom, not even business.

Walked through business though; absolutely exquisite compared to where I was, food was mediocre but I’m vegetarian so I got it first
ishybon21/12/2019 16:30

I was travelling in a large group and had no control over the tickets. …I was travelling in a large group and had no control over the tickets. Looked at the upgrade - they wanted I want to say £100 in Yuan in cash and I didn’t have that spare... That was economy plus with bigger legroom, not even business. Walked through business though; absolutely exquisite compared to where I was, food was mediocre but I’m vegetarian so I got it first

100 in yuan? That’s like 10 pounds! I would take it if I were you
Service, you are having a laugh, right!
Fly with a European airline, like Virgin, Lufthansa...
splender22/12/2019 16:07

Service, you are having a laugh, right! Fly with a European airline, like …Service, you are having a laugh, right! Fly with a European airline, like Virgin, Lufthansa...

Pretty sure Lufthansa doesn't fly to NZ. And Virgin aren't cheap.
Bigfootpete22/12/2019 17:15

Pretty sure Lufthansa doesn't fly to NZ. And Virgin aren't cheap.

Of course they are not cheap, the airlines don't pay enough to their employees, and you want cheaper!
A way that is cheaper is to cut staff and facility. But, you found I've had no response from emailing their support, apart from an automated email. Not very impressed so far.
I contacted Virgin Atlantic in the past week twice, very responsive!
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Dec 2019
JefferyinUK21/12/2019 23:51

100 in yuan? That’s like 10 pounds! I would take it if I were you

I wish! No I think it was 10,000 yuan (£100)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions