Groups

Anyone found a cheaper alternative to Talk Talk?

I've now had the TalkTalk price increase email which means I can jump out of contract with them, however I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be much else to beat them price-wise?! I've had a bit of bother with connection speeds since we joined them 6 months ago, so if a similar price came up elsewhere I'd go, but I can't find anything to beat what we're paying.
    We pay £22.50 a month for unlimited broadband, unlimited anytime UK calls inc line rental. Fibre not available here yet

Anyone jumped ship to anything better?

8 Comments

I had the same. Anytime calls package is going to increase from £5 to £7.50 for me.
    But my broadband will still be £0 and the free sim will no doubt come in handy. And the calls package includes calls to mobiles.
    Also had £75 love2shop vouchers included in the deal.
    I've looked for a better deal including cashback/vouchers, but I can't find anything.

Original Poster

chimp14uk

I had the same. Anytime calls package is going to increase from £5 to … I had the same. Anytime calls package is going to increase from £5 to £7.50 for me.But my broadband will still be £0 and the free sim will no doubt come in handy. And the calls package includes calls to mobiles.Also had £75 love2shop vouchers included in the deal. I've looked for a better deal including cashback/vouchers, but I can't find anything.

Thanks, that's pretty much the same as me. Might be as well to stick with what I've got in that case... seems really odd to be allowed to leave a contract and not want to!!

with the included anytime calls that ain't half bad I ended up going with sky who were doing broadband for 17.40 including line rental and pay as you go calls, got a 50 quid voucher for M&S and hopefully 78.35 cashback from topcashback don't believe this offer is still available with sky.

Jumped from TalkTalk to BT a year ago. Best move ever. My TT fibre was awfull. No use being cheap if you cant use it. Currently paying £28.99 for unlimited fibre (approx 60mbps) including line rental.

Though reading that you cant get fibre changes things. My TT normal broadband was great but was only paying approx £20 (including line rental)-cant comment on BT normal BB.

topcashback.co.uk/bt_…nd/
    Have you looked at factoring in the cashback from topcashback and BT free MasterCard deal, link above. I left talk talk for BT , swapped over yesterday ,so too early to base opinion of the service , and I swapped to fibre. Talk talk were appalling, we were down to about 4mb/s and service dropped out numerous times each evening.

Do you use the anytime calls? Because £22.50 a month for broadband and calls seems quite expensive, considering I pay TT £27 a month for the faster fibre!

As tinker said, look at cashback from quidco/topcashback and see what deals there are, I guarentee you can get it cheaper than you currently are paying.

BT or Sky are best in my experience, I hear plusnet is good as well.

And be warned, you only have 30 days from when you received the email about price increases to leave without paying the fee!
    Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 2nd Nov 2016

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/Have you looked at … https://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/Have you looked at factoring in the cashback from topcashback and BT free MasterCard deal, link above. I left talk talk for BT , swapped over yesterday ,so too early to base opinion of the service , and I swapped to fibre. Talk talk were appalling, we were down to about 4mb/s and service dropped out numerous times each evening.

I did look at BT via TCB but they seemed to be really expensive per month - however the mastercard offer wasn't showing when I looked at it so it might work out a couple of quid cheaper per month to do that. Don't need TV or a sim, but I'll run the numbers and see if it works out cheaper with the TCB and increased card value to take either. I'll look into it further, thanks!

PenguinsForAll

Do you use the anytime calls? Because £22.50 a month for broadband and … Do you use the anytime calls? Because £22.50 a month for broadband and calls seems quite expensive, considering I pay TT £27 a month for the faster fibre!As tinker said, look at cashback from quidco/topcashback and see what deals there are, I guarentee you can get it cheaper than you currently are paying.BT or Sky are best in my experience, I hear plusnet is good as well.And be warned, you only have 30 days from when you received the email about price increases to leave without paying the fee!

The Anytime calls are a must unfortuantely, poor mobile signal. Tried without last year and we were getting monthly bills in the £50-60s for just a few daytime calls to banks etc.
    We've been with Sky (dismal) and Plusnet (ok, but no better or worse than Talk Talk) but not tried BT for many years.
    I've searched anywhere and can't find anyone offering it for anything significantly cheaper than £22.50 with the daytime calls and unlimited broadband, even factoring in cashback, although the BT mastercard deal brings it down to around £20ish.

Believe me, I was really shocked, I had expected there to be loads of cheap deals, but the line rental alone is generally £18ish, so to add anytime calls, broadband, and caller display (also an essential that's usually free but a few are charging for) the £22.50 isn't that bad.

Roll on fibre installation - late next year apparently!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions