Anyone from Cardiff? near Cardiff business school/ university?

LocalFound 31st Jul 2012
I was wondering if there's anybody here from Cardiff who stays near Cardiff University? I am starting my postgraduate course in September and looking for a car park space. I am finding it extremely difficult to find university's space. I noticed that the spaces in front or around the campus are mostly parking spaces for resident permit holders only. Is there anyone who stays near there who could possibly help me with a visitor's permit. Details about this permit is here -

cardiff.gov.uk/con…257

I will help with the application and also pay the charges required for this permit or even extra.
Hope someone can helpout, many thanks
AR
Community Updates
MiscCardiffSchool
21 Comments
You've got a car and you're a student? oO

Walk you lazy fecker!

Edited by: "markq" 31st Jul 2012
Original Poster
markq

You've got a car and you're a student? oOWalk you lazy fecker!

Yes, I do
I am going to do my masters degree to get a job after a long career break.

Walking from my home is impossible for me- too far oO. And I need to drop my kid in school before going to universty.
Oops sorry, I only just noticed you said Cardiff.

Please find below more suitable means of transport:

http://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/images/2011/03/b625/02.jpg

http://www.itanas.com/personal/2005-06-04%20Russian%20River%2005/Leo%20riding%20sheep%20ANIMATION.gif

(watch out for that sharp left just before you get to the university)
Edited by: "markq" 31st Jul 2012
Can't you use the university carparks and pay an annual fee for them. We now have residents permits in Portsmouth, visitors permits cost £9.80 a week here, can't see them much less in Cardiff given the cost of public transport there. How about parking around Cathays Terrace or is that all resident now?
Original Poster
Brettie

Can't you use the university carparks and pay an annual fee for them. We … Can't you use the university carparks and pay an annual fee for them. We now have residents permits in Portsmouth, visitors permits cost £9.80 a week here, can't see them much less in Cardiff given the cost of public transport there. How about parking around Cathays Terrace or is that all resident now?

University has limited spaces and they are not issuing spaces for students unless disabled.
Visitor permits are £5 here but I dont know anyone on/near that street. I was wondering if there's anyone who could get a visitor permit for me.
Are you talking about the university next to Cathays?
Original Poster
JamesClark1991

Are you talking about the university next to Cathays?

Yes, the cardiff university (business school). It is on colum road.
AR03

Yes, the cardiff university (business school). It is on colum road.

Ahh, in that case there are lots of parking spaces in cathays down side streets, towards Woodville Road/Crwys road. 5min walk from the car but totes worth it.
Original Poster
JamesClark1991

Ahh, in that case there are lots of parking spaces in cathays down side … Ahh, in that case there are lots of parking spaces in cathays down side streets, towards Woodville Road/Crwys road. 5min walk from the car but totes worth it.

thanks will have a look at that but apparently all the public spaces gets full during term times. Hence the reason of looking for somebody's private car park/drive etc
I can get some arrangement for you, not sure if I can post commercially but I am a full time property professional. If you sign up fro annual license, I will also give you a ride in my new Aston.

PM me for contact details.
Parking is a nightmare in Cardiff, Is there something you can do with the NCP for a annual pass?
That would cost an arm and a leg and the nearest NCP would be in town.
aston_martin_own

That would cost an arm and a leg and the nearest NCP would be in town.

Sounds better than hitching a ride in a strangers Aston?
Ride was never mandatory. lol

Ok, seriously I can sort something out for you, it wouldn't be as cheap as the uni but better than NCP.

And strangely it is filed under "Cardiff Bus Deals"lol
Edited by: "aston_martin_own" 15th Aug 2012
Original Poster
aston_martin_own

Ride was never mandatory. lolOk, seriously I can sort something out for … Ride was never mandatory. lolOk, seriously I can sort something out for you, it wouldn't be as cheap as the uni but better than NCP.And strangely it is filed under "Cardiff Bus Deals"lol

could you pls tell me more about the parking? Whr would the parking be? How much? Is it a permit or private drive parking?
And thank you for the ride but looking just for parking.
I have been trying hard almost everyday going near university roads and looking for spaces. But if you could help me in this and if the space is nearby, i would like to know the details.
It sounds like it may be a park and ride scheme.
Can you use park and ride? The one in pentwyn is super cheap - To be honest there would be no way i would sell/lend my visitors permit to any body other than visitors. Parking wardens are everywhere inn Cardiff until pretty late at night. There is also parking along side bute park
Original Poster
PoppaLop

Can you use park and ride? The one in pentwyn is super cheap - To be … Can you use park and ride? The one in pentwyn is super cheap - To be honest there would be no way i would sell/lend my visitors permit to any body other than visitors. Parking wardens are everywhere inn Cardiff until pretty late at night. There is also parking along side bute park

thank u, might consider P+R if i dont find any other option but again this comes with time constraints.
Depending which area you coming from there are plenty of park and rides (or as someone has posted side streets). I work not far from Ty Glas station which is 2 stops from Cardiff Queen Street, plenty of free parking there.
The junction of Coburn St and Fitzroy St is the closest place you can park for free and realistically get a space every day. I work in town and park here on a regular basis.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants