Anyone get an iPhone SE today?

Posted 24th Apr
Received mine around 2 hours ago and definitely impressed. Got the red colour and i must admit this is my favourite Apple product to date in terms of the the cost / specs ratio. The A13 chip is lightning quick (compared to my XS).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
What made you want to go from XS to SE?(confused)
25 Comments
I would have got it but I’d like a white front on the white version
Might check it out when Apple stores open in person
Got iPhone 8 as main phone and 7 as business contemplating if I should get it
Surpised you are seeing the SE is much faster than the XS as Apple have reportedly underclocked the SoC to pretty much the same level as the A12 in the XS

Nice to see Apple embracing the midrange handset market though.
D3LL80Y24/04/2020 15:30

Haven’t downgraded, I’ve just bought a SE to replace my company phone (business only issues Samsung ‘low end’ devices ) and don’t see them providing iPhones anytime soon; it’s all about preference of course. Ideally all carriers would be supporting eSim but Vodafone are lagging behind, otherwise I’d be be using dual sim on my XS.
Edited by: "Call8m" 24th Apr
Uridium24/04/2020 15:39

Surpised you are seeing the SE is much faster than the XS as Apple have …Surpised you are seeing the SE is much faster than the XS as Apple have reportedly underclocked the SoC to pretty much the same level as the A12 in the XSNice to see Apple embracing the midrange handset market though.

Probably because it’s fresh out of the box, but honestly it’s very, very impressive for £420.
Humph, still waiting for mine to be delivered. Disappointed with Apple’s courier service, at least with DPD you can see how far away it is and how much of your day is being wasted!
Call8m24/04/2020 16:01

Haven’t downgraded, I’ve just bought a SE to replace my company phone (bu …Haven’t downgraded, I’ve just bought a SE to replace my company phone (business only issues Samsung ‘low end’ devices ) and don’t see them providing iPhones anytime soon; it’s all about preference of course. Ideally all carries would be supporting eSim but Vodafone are lagging behind, otherwise I’d be be using dual sim on my XS.

Oh I was gunna see that’s a downgrade
Call8m24/04/2020 16:02

Probably because it’s fresh out of the box, but honestly it’s very, very im …Probably because it’s fresh out of the box, but honestly it’s very, very impressive for £420.

I think in the Midrange market Android offers so much more, you can pick up Xiaomi\Realme flagship killers for the same or less but it's good to see another midrange iPhone on the market as a lot of people do prefer iOS to Android and flagship handset prices have been getting silly for the last few years.

I think 90% of users could happily use a midrange device day to day and would see no difference but it seems ingrained in a lot of people that they must buy the latest flagship or they will be missing out on something.

I think Apple will sell a lot of these handsets.
" The A13 chip is lightning quick" Remember they slow it down after

Link
Edited by: "MR1123" 24th Apr
I was going to but im staying with android prefer modern display not the old 4.7
If i hadnt just got a cracking deal on the iphone 11 red 64gb (£36.75) then i would have bought one.
Uridium24/04/2020 15:39

Surpised you are seeing the SE is much faster than the XS as Apple have …Surpised you are seeing the SE is much faster than the XS as Apple have reportedly underclocked the SoC to pretty much the same level as the A12 in the XSNice to see Apple embracing the midrange handset market though.

Not according to geekbench.. it’s only antutu and they are Androids best friend.
MR112324/04/2020 17:07

" The A13 chip is lightning quick" Remember they slow it down after :DLink

Slowing down due to battery degradation.
MR112324/04/2020 20:51

Nope this is after that and memory.

Well obviously they will slow down as things get more complex so silly... just like computers you need to upgrade parts as it slows down over time
Deleted_24/04/2020 19:58

If i hadnt just got a cracking deal on the iphone 11 red 64gb (£36.75) …If i hadnt just got a cracking deal on the iphone 11 red 64gb (£36.75) then i would have bought one.

£36.75 is a great price for any smartphone.
Justsuperman24/04/2020 21:03

Well obviously they will slow down as things get more complex so silly... …Well obviously they will slow down as things get more complex so silly... just like computers you need to upgrade parts as it slows down over time

Yeah the obvious is excluded obviously so no need to mention it.
MR112324/04/2020 21:23

Yeah the obvious is excluded obviously so no need to mention …Yeah the obvious is excluded obviously so no need to mention it.

You’re going on like Apple slowing down phones etc it’s a normal part of technology. it slows down.. as updates become more complex stop stating the obvious in this thread like it’s exclusive to Apple same thing happens on Android buddy.
Justsuperman24/04/2020 21:25

You’re going on like Apple slowing down phones etc it’s a normal part of te …You’re going on like Apple slowing down phones etc it’s a normal part of technology. it slows down.. as updates become more complex stop stating the obvious in this thread like it’s exclusive to Apple same thing happens on Android buddy.

They are slowing down phones on purpose which is not associated with normal usage. Which part are you not getting?
MR112324/04/2020 21:29

They are slowing down phones on purpose which is not associated with …They are slowing down phones on purpose which is not associated with normal usage. Which part are you not getting?

Man do you even read you’re linked articles... I quote from you’re link “The setting is only enabled when the battery begins to degrade, and iOS now offers clearer information to consumers about when performance management has been switched on” my god I’ve just said it’s battery related stop been so stupid or just carry on you’re day.
MR112324/04/2020 21:29

They are slowing down phones on purpose which is not associated with …They are slowing down phones on purpose which is not associated with normal usage. Which part are you not getting?

Many customers had long suspected that Apple slowed down older iPhones to encourage people to upgrade when a new one was released.
In 2017, the company confirmed it did slow down some models as they aged, but not to encourage people to upgrade.
It said the lithium-ion batteries in the devices became less capable of supplying peak current demands, as they aged over time.
That could result in an iPhone unexpectedly shutting down to protect its electronic components.
So, it released a software update for the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and iPhone SE which “smoothed out” battery performance.
The practice was confirmed after a customer shared performance tests on Reddit, suggesting their iPhone 6S had slowed down considerably as it had aged, but had suddenly speeded up again after the battery had been replaced.
Justsuperman24/04/2020 21:31

Man do you even read you’re linked articles... I quote from you’re link “Th …Man do you even read you’re linked articles... I quote from you’re link “The setting is only enabled when the battery begins to degrade, and iOS now offers clearer information to consumers about when performance management has been switched on” my god I’ve just said it’s battery related stop been so stupid or just carry on you’re day.

Lol I didn't actually read this article but posted this link as people would see the BBC link as reliable source. Anyway the one I did read apple didn't actually respond to anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions