Groups

anyone get their results back today (scotland)

howd you all do

i didnt do so well and am now going to college not uni

7 Comments

I'm much too old for that now. I didn't do all that well either - but hey look at me know lol. Sorry u didn't get what u'd hope. x

Original Poster

im still doing wat i want but at college
    i didnt expect to do the great anyway

As far as I know the "A" level results in England don't come through until Thursday 14th August.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted but I'm sure you will enjoy college anyway.

With so many people going to university now you'd have to get a masters to stand out anyway these days.
    And 4 years at university ain't exactly cheap! If you aren't doing a science or business degree it could be years before you pay it all back.

What are you going to do at college?

Original Poster

Spod;2676544

As far as I know the "A" level results in England don't come through … As far as I know the "A" level results in England don't come through until Thursday 14th August.Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted but I'm sure you will enjoy college anyway.With so many people going to university now you'd have to get a masters to stand out anyway these days.And 4 years at university ain't exactly cheap! If you aren't doing a science or business degree it could be years before you pay it all back.What are you going to do at college?

all fees get paid for in scotland so it isnt as much as england to go to uni

im doing mechnical engineering at college for 1 year then joining 2nd year at uni (or thats the plan anyway)

im doing mechanical enginneering, i go from hating it to liking it on a regular basis. at the minute once im finished my degree i dont want anything to do with it

It's oil reservoir engineering that is making real money at the moment.
    Oil companies are struggling to get trained staff - and the average age is going up as fewer people study the subject. The average age for a reservoir engineer is late 40s now and the oil companies are worrying that a lot of them will retire in the next 10-15 years. Experienced reservoir engineers can earn 6 figure salaries, particularly if they are willing to travel. University graduates with a good degree in reservoir engineering can start at over £40k.
    Don't know what that's going to be like as a long term prospect though!

My brothers got theirs today. V. Pleased.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563822
      2. Feels weird!923
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047196
      4. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News22

See more discussions