Anyone give me some advice on web site hosting?

2 replies
Found 27th Sep 2009
OK, I've got a mate whos and author and he want me to setup and run a semi official website for him.

I've set-up basic site for work before now so I don't have too much trouble with that but they were based on hosting from the isp.

I've been looking round at a number of hosting company and the prices seem all over the place for what appears to be the same thing. Anything for a few quid a month to 70 or 80 for what appears to be the same thing (space, bandwidths etc).

So, I'll be needing a few gig of space, it has to be able to run a forum (but I believe I can link to an external source for that?).

Any recommendation's for a hosting company with everything I'd need ?

Thanks.

2 Comments

I use Freeola freeola.com/ No probs & good service

I use ]one.com costs you £10.90 approx to setup 1st off (maybe quidco) get own domain .com or .co.uk or whatever and starts at 3000mb unlimited bandwidth and includes basics like database and php. I'm with them and no probs or issues. £20 approx per year for lowest pack after 1st year - my personal view and recommendation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592
    3. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October44
    4. New bladerunner1858

See more discussions