Groups

anyone going abroad this year?

as above where are you going and when i have 6 more weeks to wait to go to cayo coco cuba cant wait.

37 Comments

6 weeks till portugal

Not got anything booked yet but I am sure i'll be going somewhere

Original Poster

loupomm;4969334

6 weeks till portugal

have you been before if so whats it like.

My main aim is to get to Montana, I've got the time off booked so now just trying to work out the flights. Would like a trip back to the Nurburgring although that's looking less likely as I can't get a matching weekend with the friends I'd like to go with, also wanting to try and get to Latvia. Completely messed up my holidays last year which meant I only managed two days off, I don't want to repeat theat mistake.

John

Off to Spain for 3 weeks in July and can't wait - it's like a second home to me over there;-)

three weeks il be in the dominican republic again.. same 5 star resort as last time except this time il have my 2.5 year old daughter , one year old son, my sister and her two kids and my better half..with me..
    i so want to pack already

greyparrot;4969346

have you been before if so whats it like.

yes once last year, was fab, will share the same villa with family, own pool etc, my kids loved it!

went august last year and it was scorching, end of may this year so hopefully it will be more bareable but still hot!

Banned

nope, nowhere for us, but hope those going have a real fab time x

Dunno, I'm pondering over it. The last few years I've stayed in the UK and went down to Devon & Cornwall coz I got fed up with the hassle of going abroad.

I'm thinking about a cruise this year, I grudge having to pay double the price tho coz they rarely do single prices.

If the cruise thing doesnt work out then i'll probably be looking at a couple of weeks in Vegas or San Francisco....dunno yet. Havent really thought about it too much, but I do want to go away somewhere nice.

loupomm;4969334

6 weeks till portugal

That sounds good, anyone been before?

Spain in 2 weeks ........... Vegas in July................Florida in Oct..........

Greyparrot, we went to the cayos last year, which hotel are you stopping at?

Original Poster

smithyp1;4969425

Spain in 2 weeks ........... Vegas in July................Florida in … Spain in 2 weeks ........... Vegas in July................Florida in Oct..........Greyparrot, we went to the cayos last year, which hotel are you stopping at?

we are staying at the tryp cayo coco i have stayed there twice before but last time was 4 years ago i believe alot has changed.

Costa Del Manc,same as every year:thumbsup:or even worse Costa Del Blackpool lol

greyparrot;4969445

we are staying at the tryp cayo coco i have stayed there twice before but … we are staying at the tryp cayo coco i have stayed there twice before but last time was 4 years ago i believe alot has changed.

Well, we had real fun and games.

We had been to cuba before but stopped in varadero at one of the iberostar hotels which was fantastic.
    We got a good deal at the blau colonial on the cayo's and thought why not, mixed reviews on tripadvisor which i suppose you take with a pinch of salt. OMG how we were wrong.
    I won't bore you with the details but our stay, along with a party of 20-30 other guests who arrived the day we did, lasted one evening, we moved to the oasis playa coco the following morning.
    The Blau Colonial was truly awful.

The tryp is next door isn't it? We didn't go but heard it was ok.

Original Poster

deb8z;4969464

Costa Del Manc,same as every year:thumbsup:or even worse Costa Del … Costa Del Manc,same as every year:thumbsup:or even worse Costa Del Blackpool lol

lol well if we can even afford another holiday next year it will be spain but i have never been before so i am abit worried what it would be like.

Original Poster

smithyp1;4969480

Well, we had real fun and games.We had been to cuba before but stopped in … Well, we had real fun and games.We had been to cuba before but stopped in varadero at one of the iberostar hotels which was fantastic.We got a good deal at the blau colonial on the cayo's and thought why not, mixed reviews on tripadvisor which i suppose you take with a pinch of salt. OMG how we were wrong.I won't bore you with the details but our stay, along with a party of 20-30 other guests who arrived the day we did, lasted one evening, we moved to the oasis playa coco the following morning.The Blau Colonial was truly awful. The tryp is next door isn't it? We didn't go but heard it was ok.

well when we last went 4 years ago there was a party load of people moved from the blau to the tryp all had be food poisened (NOT GOOD.) like i said i have been twice before and really enjoyed it but i certainly wouldnt stay at any of the other hotels on the island.

greyparrot;4969503

well when we last went 4 years ago there was a party load of people moved … well when we last went 4 years ago there was a party load of people moved from the blau to the tryp all had be food poisened (NOT GOOD.) like i said i have been twice before and really enjoyed it but i certainly wouldnt stay at any of the other hotels on the island.

The oasis playa coco was fine...but the blau really was a hell hole.
    It needed a massive refurb and new management and i'm sure it could be nice.

Definately put us off the cayos though.

Enjoy your Tryp ;-)

greyparrot;4969487

lol well if we can even afford another holiday next year it will be spain … lol well if we can even afford another holiday next year it will be spain but i have never been before so i am abit worried what it would be like.

Blackpool with a Spanish accent really... :lol:

We're going to the Playa Del Highlands with a group of friends. We all have young babies so we're keeping it simple by renting a Cottage and a bit of hill walking and sight seeing/photography.

Plus the fact the Euro is so shafted means going abroad is out of the question.

6 weeks and me and my gf off to mexico!! =)

Off 2 Ayia Napa in August

Vegas next Weds week......woo hoo

No where planned yet, I was sopposed to be going to Normandy for D-day, but cancelled that as I wanted to go to the download festival more.

I am hoping to go to Budapest with my best friend later on in the year, and go and do all the historical sites with him, as he didn't get to do them when he went with his ex

choc1969;4976125

Vegas next Weds week......woo hoo

Make sure you leave me some winnings for july please ..........

smithyp1;4976147

Make sure you leave me some winnings for july please ..........

Will try.......I fail miserably at reading cards due to my short attention.........:whistling:

choc1969;4976171

Will try.......I fail miserably at reading cards due to my short … Will try.......I fail miserably at reading cards due to my short attention.........:whistling:

Have you stopped at TI before?

We havn't but always venture in and have a play and watch the show pirate show outside.

smithyp1;4976175

Have you stopped at TI before?We havn't but always venture in and have a … Have you stopped at TI before?We havn't but always venture in and have a play and watch the show pirate show outside.

I've never been to Vegas before

choc1969;4976190

Oh ......... :oops:

I will shut up then lol

Let me know if you need any info etc.....have a great time, it's a fantastic place, you will love it !!

smithyp1;4976193

Oh ......... :oops:I will shut up then lolLet me know if you need any … Oh ......... :oops:I will shut up then lolLet me know if you need any info etc.....have a great time, it's a fantastic place, you will love it !!

What are taxi prices like to transfer to the strip ? I've been to NYC several times and they have set charges plus a security run taxi rank

Banned

choc1969;4976190

It's great up until the point you realise the tragedy of the whole place. Then it kinda feels like Disneyland with a venereal disease.

Going away to Florida for a spot of golf, then California later in the year for a spot of lazing around. Hopefully going to Tokyo around November too.

choc1969;4976204

What are taxi prices like to transfer to the strip ? I've been to NYC … What are taxi prices like to transfer to the strip ? I've been to NYC several times and they have set charges plus a security run taxi rank

Can't quite remember the cost but what i recommend you do is go on tripadvisor, search for vegas and look at the vegas forum las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Sho…tml

You will find some great help and info.

Also, the first time you step off the plane and see the strip it really is an amazing sight, it just doesn't look real. I want to go NOW !!!!!!

smithyp1;4976240

Can't quite remember the cost but what i recommend you do is go on … Can't quite remember the cost but what i recommend you do is go on tripadvisor, search for vegas and look at the vegas forum http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g45963-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html You will find some great help and info.Also, the first time you step off the plane and see the strip it really is an amazing sight, it just doesn't look real. I want to go NOW !!!!!!

Cheers, really looking forward to it.......we land in the evening so all the lights will be on

ps and also my mates wedding.......why he chose Vegas is beyond me lol but I've always wanted to go

choc1969;4976260

Cheers, really looking forward to it.......we land in the evening so all … Cheers, really looking forward to it.......we land in the evening so all the lights will be on :)ps and also my mates wedding.......why he chose Vegas is beyond me lol but I've always wanted to go

Where are they getting married? Elvis type wedding or in one of the hotel chapels?

The wedding chapel in MGM is amazing !

8 weeks 6 days till majorca for us. its a working holiday though with some others.

we'll have another family one later in the year, possibly september

smithyp1;4976286

Where are they getting married? Elvis type wedding or in one of the hotel … Where are they getting married? Elvis type wedding or in one of the hotel chapels?The wedding chapel in MGM is amazing !

Little Chapel of the Flowers

The wedding couple are staying at the MGM though and we are dining at Del Friscos which looks really nice

choc1969;4976318

Little Chapel of the Flowers The wedding couple are staying at the MGM … Little Chapel of the Flowers The wedding couple are staying at the MGM though and we are dining at Del Friscos which looks really nice

We stopped at the MGM last year, was great.

The pool area is superb, it was that good Floyd Mayweather had his own private pool party while we were there !!

I wasn't invited ........... :cry:

smithyp1;4976365

We stopped at the MGM last year, was great.The pool area is superb, it … We stopped at the MGM last year, was great.The pool area is superb, it was that good Floyd Mayweather had his own private pool party while we were there !!I wasn't invited ........... :cry:

Awwww poor you :-(

we had to change our hotel after discovering Ricky Hatton was fighting there on 2nd lol

We're off to crete in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks ultra all inclusive at a 5 star place (just hope its as good as it sounds now)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions