anyone going to be switching to xbox (Scorpio?)

I have been sony users since the PS1 but thinking of crossing the barrier to xbox with the new scorpio, not sure if my reasoning is presented but would like to hear some other peoples opinions and the people who have been keeping up and can explain it in lamens terms

Reasons for switch

-online reliability
-performance going to be better?
-gone through so many controllers

27 Comments

Better careful using the term "switching". It's apparently a console now.

PlayStation...Switch...Xbox.

Aside from that, personally I won't "replace" with an Scorpio else I'll be left with no games to play as all I have are on PS4. I may at some point decide to have one. Obviously that will be after the time beta testers shared their experiences.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 7th Apr

Too early to say...

It will be a great time to get an xbox if you've never played the exclusives, especially if MS patch Halo, Gears, Forza etc to run in native 4k on scorpio. I'll be picking one up, it'll sit nicely next to my ps4 pro

Original Poster

mixmixi

Better careful using the term "switching". It's apparently a console now. … Better careful using the term "switching". It's apparently a console now. PlayStation...Switch...Xbox.Aside from that, personally I won't "replace" with an Scorpio else I'll be left with no games to play as all I have are on PS4. I may at some point decide to have one. Obviously that will be after the time beta testers shared their experiences.

I know what you mean with the games if i know the timing of the consoles ill just hold out getting the newest game for a few months if thats the case be, sorting getting to the age where I'd rather wait and get the game half price anyways

Depends on the games that come out for it, I still play my NES on occasion as I love the games there. Personally, aside from Gears of War, I'm not too interested in Xbox exclusives.

Lol, they can boost performance all they like but who cares? What matters is games and they simply have none. They need to start recruiting up studios for exclusives, not dedicating time to making things prettier.

This generation of consoles is awful, lol.

Nope. Microsoft can have all the terraflops in the world, won't matter to me if all I'll have to play is Gears, Halo & Forza again

Without a doubt! Will preorder as soon as possible and book the day off work

freedomspark

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/04/06/project-scorpio-shows-that-xbox-still-just-doesnt-get-it

Just read that article and it's the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever seen. But anyway I won't be getting one I'll stick to my PS4

Since you don't have an xbox already then yes maybe consider it, do you have a 4k tv with hdr to enjoy it though or are you looking at getting that too? costs start counting then, I probably will get one as the xbox one is my main machine and have been taking advantage of game sharing and in the future play anywhere.

I am already on xbox and have 265 games all digital, its a mix of backwards compatible games xbox one games and there indy/ cheap games. I am in the Alpha for the new game service and like the idea that I will get access to games for a subscription (even though they are old games at the moment) I also have EA access and games with Gold has been pretty good so far this year. I think there are a lot of good reasons to go to xbox but they are playing catchup when it comes to the playstation sales figures but I have a 4k TV and I put in a decent amount of time on the xbox So I am going to be getting the Scorpio day one.

freedomspark

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/04/06/project-scorpio-shows-that-xbox-still-just-doesnt-get-it

TLDR; PC master race.

If Microsoft can make an actual native 4k 60fps console for that price, cool. Don't forget to add proper 5.1 headset support this time.

However i bought a switch (the polar opposite) this year so won't be even looking at them :D.
Edited by: "catbeans" 7th Apr

catbeans

TLDR; PC master race. If Microsoft can make an actual native 4k 60fps … TLDR; PC master race. If Microsoft can make an actual native 4k 60fps console for that price, cool. Don't forget to add proper 5.1 headset support this time. However i bought a switch (the polar opposite) this year so won't be even looking at them :D.

We already have Dolby Atmos on the test Although I would like to see Microsoft add windows drivers for USB headsets You could then just plug in your PC surround sound headset and get it out of your console. Its doable just dont think its high on there list of to-dos'

hopper_papa_roac

We already have Dolby Atmos on the test Although I would like to see … We already have Dolby Atmos on the test Although I would like to see Microsoft add windows drivers for USB headsets You could then just plug in your PC surround sound headset and get it out of your console. Its doable just dont think its high on there list of to-dos'

That would be excellent! I use a set of Cloud 2s on my PS4 for that reason but i was stuck basically with either expensive Astros or Turtle beach headsets for XBO 5.1. So hopefully those features happen soon or for Scorpio.

only if the price is right and if they have a good line up with decent game not just the same, gear, forza, halo. I once owned an xbox one but recently moved to ps4 because it has better games.

If it can fill the gap between console and gaming pc then itll be great. Unfortunately i dont see it happening. I switched to ps4 this gen. was on 360 last as found it superior to the ps3 but i think sony hve won this gen easily. Dnt really get the ps4 pro tho

Sold my first Xbox One, didn't learn my lesson and bought another one which is now grey. Great for the odd burn on Forza.

If they released games at the same rate they release controllers then I'd have a reason to be interested in Scorpio.

All Scorpio games will run on the standard Xbox 1, so why bother? if its for the glory of 4K, get a PC.If you want the Console gaming experience get the cheaper PS4 or XBo.

I wonder if this will rush Sony into releasing a next gen console soon.

I think the big point is if you want to play multiplayer and what console your friends have.

I'm sticking with Sony because of the better range of exclusives and I've been very happy with my PS4. Xbox is lagging in that department which is partly why Sony have outsold them 2:1 this gen

Don't think so seems pointless like ps pro which has underperformed too

Me, ofc

Original Poster

tallpete33

I think the big point is if you want to play multiplayer and what console … I think the big point is if you want to play multiplayer and what console your friends have.I'm sticking with Sony because of the better range of exclusives and I've been very happy with my PS4. Xbox is lagging in that department which is partly why Sony have outsold them 2:1 this gen

Well yes I agree, but for myself I never play games with my friends, not that I have any but just never really been into gaming with friends as cba to organise ect, and with exclusive again I only play Fifa, cod and battlefield, exlusives mean nothing to me, I just want the most stable online experience and in the past sony have been poor.... although might not mean xbox better I don't know

whelan189

Well yes I agree, but for myself I never play games with my friends, not … Well yes I agree, but for myself I never play games with my friends, not that I have any but just never really been into gaming with friends as cba to organise ect, and with exclusive again I only play Fifa, cod and battlefield, exlusives mean nothing to me, I just want the most stable online experience and in the past sony have been poor.... although might not mean xbox better I don't know

It appears clear Xbox would be the better choice for you personally. It is well known Xbox is better online. PC gamers prefer the Xbox controller. Microsoft listens to what gamers want and have better customer care. The future of Xbox digitally is secure with it becoming more like Steam and backwards compatible. Will you be able to play your digital PS4 purchases on the PS5?

I don't mean to come across as very pro Xbox and anti PlayStation as I also have the PS4 and enjoy it for the exclusives. Also I know Microsoft and the Xbox gaming division are not perfect and have their flaws. PlayStation has some great exclusives but if this does not matter to you then get the Scorpio and give it a try. It made sense to me to have an Xbox as my go-to console and a PlayStation for the exclusives.

Original Poster

dr_spaceman

It appears clear Xbox would be the better choice for you personally. It … It appears clear Xbox would be the better choice for you personally. It is well known Xbox is better online. PC gamers prefer the Xbox controller. Microsoft listens to what gamers want and have better customer care. The future of Xbox digitally is secure with it becoming more like Steam and backwards compatible. Will you be able to play your digital PS4 purchases on the PS5?I don't mean to come across as very pro Xbox and anti PlayStation as I also have the PS4 and enjoy it for the exclusives. Also I know Microsoft and the Xbox gaming division are not perfect and have their flaws. PlayStation has some great exclusives but if this does not matter to you then get the Scorpio and give it a try. It made sense to me to have an Xbox as my go-to console and a PlayStation for the exclusives.

I agree its a intresting point and something lot of people getting convinced into going into a product because for some people its 100% better for them to go with x and then tell other people to go with x but for what they do o might be better,

don't really fancy going for the ps4 pro

be getting it, but still keeping my ps4(already have on xbox one) i always like to have both as it gives you more choice, granted online and most other stuff is better on the xbox but for me and many others the PS4 has the better exclusives and hey i got a lot on digital so it would be stupid to get rid of either console
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Pond Pump22
    2. Laser eye surgery33
    3. Selling advice33
    4. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711

See more discussions