Anyone going to try and get one of the Playstation 20th Anniversary Edition PS4's next week?

Just interested in who is gonna be trying to track one down.

For anyone that isn;t aware here is a link to how you can try and get one:

community.eu.playstation.com/t5/…447

856 Comments

i really want one but not worth spending all that time just to buy one!

Original Poster

king261

i really want one but not worth spending all that time just to buy one!

I know, it does seem an awfully complicated way to have a chance of getting one. However I am off work at the moment so I have some time, so will give it a try. Only thing is I might be on Jury Duty next week! have to hope I'm not called oO

Bingohomer

How to buy a PS4 20th Anniversary Edition

So much effort just to be in with a chance of buying it for £400... oO

psycho-gamer

So much effort just to be in with a chance of buying it for £400... oO

But just think how much they will be worth in a decade, 10x that! That's the real prize!!

Ugh. Twitter -.-

Thought about it, thought how much hassel it will be then thought better of it

Too much hassle to buy it for..... £400

Fugly looking eyesore.

No thanks..

fanpages

Fugly looking eyesore.No thanks..

Wash your mouth out! It's a thing of beauty oO

But no I won't. I really wanted one, but the shop '94 was a crock of **** and made me quite angry in the end. I don't think it's right to have to go to so much effort, to buy it at such a premium, when people in London got to buy it for £19.94. I don't like my childhood memories being played on like this, it's dirty and I don't like the way they favour people in London over everybody else.

moneysavingkitten

...I don't like my childhood memories being played on like this, it's … ...I don't like my childhood memories being played on like this, it's dirty and I don't like the way they favour people in London over everybody else.

It keeps all the stupid people in one location.

The London shop only had 94 consoles and people were queuing up waiting for it to open, the location of the shop really didn't matter, wherever it was it would have had a huge que and zero chance of getting one

fanpages

http://i.minus.com/ibpJH48Kw2aGg7.gif

*Isn't sure if you're insulting the Londoners, or everyone else*

tomtom1988

The London shop only had 94 consoles and people were queuing up waiting … The London shop only had 94 consoles and people were queuing up waiting for it to open, the location of the shop really didn't matter, wherever it was it would have had a huge que and zero chance of getting one

That's crap. If the shop was in your street, for example, I think you would have stood a much better chance than everyone else in the rest of the country.

moneysavingkitten

Wash your mouth out! It's a thing of beauty oOBut no I won't. I really … Wash your mouth out! It's a thing of beauty oOBut no I won't. I really wanted one, but the shop '94 was a crock of **** and made me quite angry in the end. I don't think it's right to have to go to so much effort, to buy it at such a premium, when people in London got to buy it for £19.94. I don't like my childhood memories being played on like this, it's dirty and I don't like the way they favour people in London over everybody else.

It's not feasible for Sony to sell loads of PS4 at £20 all over the country, so they only sold a handful. And they chose London, which always happens - due to it being the capital.

If you think about it MSK, wherever they did it, people would complain, Sony can't win.

fanpages

Why does it make them stupid?

Transformers

It's not feasible for Sony to sell loads of PS4 at £20 all over the … It's not feasible for Sony to sell loads of PS4 at £20 all over the country, so they only sold a handful. And they chose London, which always happens - due to it being the capital.If you think about it MSK, wherever they did it, people would complain, Sony can't win.

They aren't making very many of these limited edition PS4's. I wager they could have afforded to sell them all at £19.94 and made lots more people happy and been legends. But they chose to suck people in, the jack up the price like a bad drug dealer.

f2k8

But just think how much they will be worth in a decade, 10x that! That's … But just think how much they will be worth in a decade, 10x that! That's the real prize!!

£4000.00 in 10 years? they wont be that in 100!

moneysavingkitten

They aren't making very many of these limited edition PS4's. I wager … They aren't making very many of these limited edition PS4's. I wager they could have afforded to sell them all at £19.94 and made lots more people happy and been legends. But they chose to suck people in, the jack up the price like a bad drug dealer.

Limited edition items are always sold at a premium though, it makes sense. Although I can see why you're upset, as you wanted one so much.

Still hope you get one, somehow.

haritori

£4000.00 in 10 years? they wont be that in 100!

You'd be surprised! People are already listing them for £2300 on Ebay! eurogamer.net/art…nds

Someone has sold one for $2700 in America on Ebay!
Edited by: "f2k8" 13th Dec 2014

Transformers

Limited edition items are always sold at a premium though, it makes … Limited edition items are always sold at a premium though, it makes sense. Although I can see why you're upset, as you wanted one so much. :(Still hope you get one, somehow.

If limited edition is always sold at a premium, why sell any for £19.94? It's just going to **** off most of the population.

Transformers

Limited edition items are always sold at a premium though, it makes … Limited edition items are always sold at a premium though, it makes sense. Although I can see why you're upset, as you wanted one so much. :(Still hope you get one, somehow.

Thank you though

f2k8

You'd be surprised! People are already listing them for £2300 on Ebay! … You'd be surprised! People are already listing them for £2300 on Ebay! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-12-it-didnt-take-long-for-people-to-sell-their-ps4-20th-anniversary-edition-consoles-on-ebay-for-thousands-of-pounds

There's one listed for $20,000 in the US. I could never bring myself to sell one though, so it wouldn't be a good investment. I'd want to play it.
Edited by: "MSK." 13th Dec 2014

f2k8

You'd be surprised! People are already listing them for £2300 on Ebay! … You'd be surprised! People are already listing them for £2300 on Ebay! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-12-it-didnt-take-long-for-people-to-sell-their-ps4-20th-anniversary-edition-consoles-on-ebay-for-thousands-of-poundsSomeone has sold one for $2700 in America on Ebay!

I wonder if people will actually pay that though.

moneysavingkitten

There's one listed for $20,000 in the US. I could never bring myself to … There's one listed for $20,000 in the US. I could never bring myself to sell one though, so it wouldn't be a good investment. I'd want to play it.

Has the penny (or all of them) dropped yet?

moneysavingkitten

If limited edition is always sold at a premium, why sell any for £19.94? … If limited edition is always sold at a premium, why sell any for £19.94? It's just going to **** off most of the population.

lol. I can tell you're annoyed with Sony.

But you need to see it more of a competition, instead of feeling angry, upset or (possibly) jealous of those lucky 94. Sony did it for the publicity, and it's worked. Don't you think?

teh arn

I wonder if people will actually pay that though.

Someone will.

Transformers

lol. I can tell you're annoyed with Sony. :DBut you need to see it more … lol. I can tell you're annoyed with Sony. :DBut you need to see it more of a competition, instead of feeling angry, upset or (possibly) jealous of those lucky 94. Sony did it for the publicity, and it's worked. Don't you think?

Of course I am jealous. I think that goes without saying!

All I've seen is endless negative publicity though. Believe me, people were excited enough about there being a limited PSX edition without all the £19.94 London only stuff.

Transformers

Someone will.

I dunno, I'm skeptical.
Many people just bid up to waste the sellers time; check out ebay uk.
So many people are bidding on them, but the auctions are reaching higher than the buy it now price of the others.

fanpages

Has the penny (or all of them) dropped yet?

No.

moneysavingkitten

Of course I am jealous. I think that goes without saying!All I've seen … Of course I am jealous. I think that goes without saying!All I've seen is endless negative publicity though. Believe me, people were excited enough about there being a limited PSX edition without all the £19.94 London only stuff.

I think the £20 PS4 definitely added to the 'hype'. More articles were written as a result, but yes it was already 'big news' anyway.

moneysavingkitten

All I've seen is endless negative publicity though. Believe me, people … All I've seen is endless negative publicity though. Believe me, people were excited enough about there being a limited PSX edition without all the £19.94 London only stuff.

For a "PSX" anniversary edition, the case needs to be white & the release scheduled for December 2028.

Transformers

I think the £20 PS4 definitely added to the 'hype'. More articles were … I think the £20 PS4 definitely added to the 'hype'. More articles were written as a result, but yes it was already 'big news' anyway.

Disagree intensely. And even if that were true, which I don't agree with, if they had done the same thing online, it would have got an equal amount of publicity. They stated people who couldn't make it to London would get the same opportunity and it simply isn't true.
Edited by: "MSK." 13th Dec 2014

teh arn

I dunno, I'm skeptical.Many people just bid up to waste the sellers time; … I dunno, I'm skeptical.Many people just bid up to waste the sellers time; check out ebay uk.So many people are bidding on them, but the auctions are reaching higher than the buy it now price of the others.

Yeah, some will waste the sellers time. But I think at least one serious buyer will pay a high price for one. A rich PS4 fanboy. oO X)

fanpages

For a "PSX" anniversary edition, the case needs to be white & the release … For a "PSX" anniversary edition, the case needs to be white & the release scheduled for December 2028.

I won't need a PlayStation in 2028. I should probably be driving a real anti-gravity car by then

moneysavingkitten

Disagree intensely. And even if that were true, which I don't agree … Disagree intensely. And even if that were true, which I don't agree with, if they had done the same thing online, it would have got an equal amount of publicity. They stated people who couldn't make it to London would get the same opportunity and it simple isn't true.

How many UK towns & cities need to open a "pop-up shop" for two days so that enough people have ample chance to buy one of 94 consoles at £19.94?

fanpages

How many UK towns & cities need to open a "pop-up shop" for two days so … How many UK towns & cities need to open a "pop-up shop" for two days so that enough people have ample chance to buy one of 94 consoles at £19.94?

Enough for everyone to get one?

No idea. But why not repeat the same thing online?

moneysavingkitten

I won't need a PlayStation in 2028. I should probably be driving a real … I won't need a PlayStation in 2028. I should probably be driving a real anti-gravity car by then

You don't need this console either.

Transformers

Yeah, some will waste the sellers time. But I think at least one serious … Yeah, some will waste the sellers time. But I think at least one serious buyer will pay a high price for one. A rich PS4 fanboy. oO X)

I think they would; but no where near the £12,000 some want for it.

fanpages

You don't need this console either.

Pedantic. I don't need most things.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764048
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1923
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1846
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions