Groups

Anyone good with laptops?

My Laptop is driving me crazy, i can only type using an external keyboard as if i type with the original keyboard it acts as if the Windows key is pressed in (for example typing L locks the screen, P switches between monitors) also the space bar doesnt work because of this and it makes it impossible to do most things, if i press 7 the external keyboard doesn't work until i press the windows key on the external keyboard.

The Win key itself is not jammed, the on screen keyboard shows it as being pressed in all the time (and so the on screen keyboard doesn't work either)

I installed Ubuntu to see if that would help but its just made things more difficult, anyone have any ideas at all what i can do other than send it in for repairs?

thanks

eca

8 Comments

Yea Try the link above to disable it and then perhaps it will be easier to find a answer as to why its happening(you will be able to type etc)

Original Poster

No success, thanks though Phear

Original Poster

stuck on ubuntu atm so can't use either of those, trying to get back onto XP but its alot of Fing about

eca07mc

stuck on ubuntu atm so can't use either of those, trying to get back onto … stuck on ubuntu atm so can't use either of those, trying to get back onto XP but its alot of Fing about

Ubuntu geek can't get his keyboard to work. Priceless.

Remove the keyboard? Or is that too obvious....

What did you spill on it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions