Anyone got a decent doorbell?

5 replies
Found 30th Apr 2011
Weird question I know, but mine is rubbish so I'm on the lookout for a decent one.

I bought a Byron pack which had the push unit, 1 plug in chime and one battery chime I'd planned to have the plugin one somewhere central and the other one as a roamer (out in the garden or garage etc.). Set it all up as recommended and it is just unreliable. Sometimes 1 of the chimes goes, sometimes nothing. I'd say it worked for 60% of the time, but got gradually worse. In the end I took the bell off as at least if there is no bell people knock!

Knocking has its limits though so am thinking of trying another system. Any decent ones out there?

5 Comments

I prefer knockers myself

i bought a £5 one from b and m its a wireless one and comes with 2 seperate parts that chimes so you can put them insde/outside, 1 upstairs 1 downstairs, were ever you want, it has 150 different chimes on it, and its sooooooo loud!!! its miles better than anything i have ever had before and is by far the cheapest!!

Original Poster

Bully

I prefer knockers myself

Don't you have to get them in pairs though???

Original Poster

AATS

i bought a £5 one from b and m its a wireless one and comes with 2 … i bought a £5 one from b and m its a wireless one and comes with 2 seperate parts that chimes so you can put them insde/outside, 1 upstairs 1 downstairs, were ever you want, it has 150 different chimes on it, and its sooooooo loud!!! its miles better than anything i have ever had before and is by far the cheapest!!

Thanks for this, does it have a brand on it? No B&M stores near me, but I'd guess I'd be able to pick up something similar on fleabay?

hate the noise the door bells make..... i prefer the traditional door knickers

ladies....

http://all-productsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/doorknocker.jpg

gents........(HD pic available lol)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gx7OZdt7Uhs/TLCiYJDuEGI/AAAAAAAAE8Q/A1LUiibnFlM/s1600/Sexy+Woman+Pictures.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions