Expired

Anyone got a Henry hoover?

Found 14th Oct 2013
Our Dyson broke so we got a Henry hoover.

It however is very difficult to use on carpet. Maybe I've set it up wrong or something, but it feels like it was designed for Hercules.

Maybe it's because it's new? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskHooverGame Of Thrones
9 Comments
There is a lever on the head unit, have you tried switching it over to see if it makes a difference?

I purchased the turbo head and it is a lot better than the standard one supplied.
Original Poster
donaldduck2

There is a lever on the head unit, have you tried switching it over to … There is a lever on the head unit, have you tried switching it over to see if it makes a difference?I purchased the turbo head and it is a lot better than the standard one supplied.

Tried it, it makes it a little easier but also makes the suction a lot weaker.

Do you have a link to the specific turbo head that you bought as I found quite a few different ones.

It's quite disappointing tbh. It's like really hard to use it on the carpet. Must be the head.
KM4353

Tried it, it makes it a little easier but also makes the suction a lot … Tried it, it makes it a little easier but also makes the suction a lot weaker.Do you have a link to the specific turbo head that you bought as I found quite a few different ones. It's quite disappointing tbh. It's like really hard to use it on the carpet. Must be the head.

Use "Henry Air Turbo Brush" as your search on Amazon. It has 99 top reviews out of 110.
I felt the same and bought the turbo head. Its fantastic! As annoyed as I was at first ill never go back to Dyson.
I've just got a new Hetty, and she is a little hard to push but I can tell the suction is a lot better than my old one, I love henry hoovers and wouldn't buy anything else. You probably haven't but the brush bit isn't down on the main bit is it, I use that when I'm hoovering in the kitchen as we have tiles and if I forget to put it back to normal then it's really hard to push on carpet.
It will be because of the far better suction power from a Henry over a hyped up Dyson.
Original Poster
Ended up giving it away to a family friend. Henry sucks too hard and doesn't have the same motion and thrust as Dyson does.
If you liked your dyson a lot and would rather have that dyson offers a repair service.

A few years ago when we were renovating our house I ended up blowing the motor in ours,dyson repaired and serviced it for £79.

I didn't know this until after I bought a hideous vax machine to replace it,ended up taking it back and fixing my beloved dyson:)

I do have a different one now but changed our flooring so had to change from cylinder to upright.
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 9th Nov 2013
Banned
Best hoover we've had was this cheap one uk.russellhobbs.com/rus…tml

Ignore any bad reviews, they are from people who can't be bothered to clean the filters, as long as you wash and dry the filters every now and then this hoover literally lifts the carpet up while cleaning, had it over a year and still going strong, better than any dyson and vax we've had which all break.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants