Groups

Anyone got a HTC Touch HD?

Anyone know anything cool i can do with it? Like google maps or anything mabey some apps etc...

Im getting a 16gb card for it aswell some should have plenty of space for stuff!

Anything about the HTC Touch HD would be good i only got it yesterday

Cheers guys.

20 Comments

Original Poster

kewldeals;5409450

Change your ROM! - … Change your ROM! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=453I'll have a look what apps I have on mine.

Rom? as in windows 6.5?

Apps:
    iGO8
    TomTom
    Live Messenger
    myPlayer (for bbc and itv)
    Facebook app
    fim (Facebook im)
    Screen Capture (screenshots)
    cleanRAM (To speed up the phone without restarting)
    W0lfTranslator (language translator - uses google)

Games:
    Xtrack
    Resco Bubbles
    Bejewled2

Hope thats a start. Oh and I also use the EnergyRom. Should be a 6.5 update of this soon.

RuthIess;5409475

Rom? as in windows 6.5?

Yeah the firmware on it. There are several advantages, such as speed, included programs, etc.
    I think it invalidates the warranty, but can be easily put back to factory settings :thumbsup:

Original Poster

kewldeals;5409504

Yeah the firmware on it. There are several advantages, such as speed, … Yeah the firmware on it. There are several advantages, such as speed, included programs, etc.I think it invalidates the warranty, but can be easily put back to factory settings :thumbsup:

The fella put 6.5 on it for me. I want the facebook app!!! and TomTom

RuthIess;5409529

The fella put 6.5 on it for me. I want the facebook app!!!

Ahh ok, yeah have a look at that site, newer roms are usually less buggy, faster etc.

Facebook app - microsoft.com/win…spx

Original Poster

kewldeals;5409545

Ahh ok, yeah have a look at that site, newer roms are usually less buggy, … Ahh ok, yeah have a look at that site, newer roms are usually less buggy, faster etc.Facebook app - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/facebook.mspx

Im thick btw how do i get it on the phone

RuthIess;5409611

Im thick btw how do i get it on the phone

Firstly, have you installed Activesync / got Windows vista?
    If not, install that first.

Then after you have saved the .cab file (apps), Go to 'My Computer', 'Mobile Device', 'My Windows based device' then storage card. - Copy it over to there.

Now on you phone, slide all the way to the right on 'Programs', 'All Programs', 'File Explorer', and then find where you saved it to. Now open the cab file. It will ask to save to phone or memory card.
    If it is a big file, save it to memory card, but apps like facebook, save on phone.

Original Poster

Yeah got vista and activesync#

.Cab file needs unraring or do i just dump it on? Coz when i unrar it makes 7 files none are .cab?

RuthIess;5410461

Yeah got vista and activesync#.Cab file needs unraring or do i just dump … Yeah got vista and activesync#.Cab file needs unraring or do i just dump it on? Coz when i unrar it makes 7 files none are .cab?

Sorry, should have mentioned.
    Nope, the cab files shouldn't be unrarred, they are similar to .exe files for windows mobiles :thumbsup:

I would sell now, it's a latest phone with a dated os.

Original Poster

kewldeals;5410791

Sorry, should have mentioned.Nope, the cab files shouldn't be unrarred, … Sorry, should have mentioned.Nope, the cab files shouldn't be unrarred, they are similar to .exe files for windows mobiles :thumbsup:

So just dump it on the as is?

Original Poster

momagic;5411319

I would sell now, it's a latest phone with a dated os.

Haha im not that both it had windows 6.5 but makes no difference to me. Just want a phone that works and looks good and plays movies!!!

Will get new iPhone when contract runs out though!

RuthIess;5411512

So just dump it on the as is?

Yep

Original Poster

kewldeals;5411552

Yep

Cool ill try it now

Anyway to get new themes or anything cool?

Original Poster

Whoo i think it worked!!!

You got any other cool app links mate.

Repping you now btw!

Its said connecting for about 2 mins is that normal?

RuthIess;5411586

Cool ill try it now :)Anyway to get new themes or anything cool?

I've never changed my theme, but this ]link will point you towards everything about the HD.
    I much prefer the HD to the iPhone.
    Hope thats all ok for you :thumbsup:

RuthIess;5411631

Whoo i think it worked!!!You got any other cool app links mate.Repping … Whoo i think it worked!!!You got any other cool app links mate.Repping you now btw!Its said connecting for about 2 mins is that normal?

Yeah I think it's normal on first connection. After that it should be pretty immediate, making a sound on the PC.

Original Poster

kewldeals;5411651

Yeah I think it's normal on first connection. After that it should be … Yeah I think it's normal on first connection. After that it should be pretty immediate, making a sound on the PC.

Im adding the details now. Its cool. Thanx :thumbsup:

Original Poster

kewldeals;5411646

I've never changed my theme, but this ]link will point you towards … I've never changed my theme, but this ]link will point you towards everything about the HD.I much prefer the HD to the iPhone. :)Hope thats all ok for you :thumbsup:

Nice one just looking through it now. I prefer my old iphone but this looks better and the battery is far better!!! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3011060
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1116
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions