Anyone got a new style Mini Cooper?

Found 1st Dec 2008
I think i'm away to buy one. Going to get it from a local garage. So, the question is, who has/had one and what were your thoughts?

Girls car?

The 'deal' is an (04) 54 plate, and around £7k. Too expensive? 34k miles...

23 Comments

Dont get it from a garage they always charge more!! Look for someone selling it privately!!

You getting the "S" version?

Its a womens car.

Original Poster

nope, can't afford it!

I've got a bit of a problem with finance. I've now got £2k negative equity and need to lump some of this on to the car loan. I'm spiralling in to debt!! Need to get finance to cover this and the negative equity, but should be putting down a £1k deposit to clear some of it straight off however...

Original Poster

MarzBarz;3627218

Its a womens car.

I will still kick your ass at Pro Ev though :-D

ey yo lol i was winning 1-0 then the ****** servers messed up

THEO WALCOTT!!!

Banned

just go to your used bmw/mini dealer & haggle em, with the recession you'd be likely to pick up a bargain, barons bmw in farnborough have tons of new cars on there forecourt, and have only sold 7 in the past month.

bazzaric;3627233

nope, can't afford it!I've got a bit of a problem with finance. I've now … nope, can't afford it!I've got a bit of a problem with finance. I've now got £2k negative equity and need to lump some of this on to the car loan. I'm spiralling in to debt!! Need to get finance to cover this and the negative equity, but should be putting down a £1k deposit to clear some of it straight off however...

Do you think buying an overpriced car will help you get out of debt? Many would suggest not.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;3627264

Do you think buying an overpriced car will help you get out of debt? Many … Do you think buying an overpriced car will help you get out of debt? Many would suggest not.

I wondered when you would show up!!

I can manage debt, i'm not really getting in to it, and can afford to pay the payments and I will only ever earn more. The problem is having a lump sum to pay for a car, so I need to get finance.

Original Poster

Naeem786;3627311

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=28149&plate=76

Cheers Naeem, repped. I suppose if I knocked another £500 off then it would be worth it then...

bazzaric;3627317

I wondered when you would show up!!I can manage debt, i'm not really … I wondered when you would show up!!I can manage debt, i'm not really getting in to it, and can afford to pay the payments and I will only ever earn more. The problem is having a lump sum to pay for a car, so I need to get finance.

Well whatever you feel is best.

The statement you have given on the mini is not sufficient. The prices of minis are based on added extras, the base car has very little and thus factory extras make a big difference to the price.

bazzaric;3627334

Cheers Naeem, repped. I suppose if I knocked another £500 off then it … Cheers Naeem, repped. I suppose if I knocked another £500 off then it would be worth it then...

Yea Parkers give higher price, so knock off quite a bit, you looked at [url]www.autotrader.co.uk[/url]

Original Poster

Naeem786;3627366

Yea Parkers give higher price, so knock off quite a bit, you looked at … Yea Parkers give higher price, so knock off quite a bit, you looked at [url]www.autotrader.co.uk[/url]

thanks again, your correct :thumbsup:

Colour: British Racing Green
Transmission: Manual
Fuel: Petrol
Engine size: 1.6L
Mileage: 34103 miles
Body type: Hatchback
Doors: 2

Other Features

* Alloys
* CD Player
* Electric Windows
* Remote Locking
* ABS
* Airbags

Original Poster

so basically no extras :thinking:

Hiya,

Sold ours a few months ago for a similar price but it still had some free BMW mini service features to go with it, plus it had 4 new tyres, 12 months mot.

Nice like run-around, but ours had sports wheels and it made the suspension really uncomfortable, tyres were expensive (between £100 - £200 run-flats), couldn't fit anything in the boot bigger than a shoe box. Ace little thing for zipping around in though.

Racing green - boys car!

Hiya,

Sold ours a few months ago for a similar price but it still had some free BMW mini service features to go with it, plus it had 4 new tyres, 12 months mot and was immaculate.

Nice like run-around, but ours had sports wheels and it made the suspension quite uncomfortable as you could feel every bump in the road, tyres are expensive (between £100 - £200 run-flats), couldn't fit anything in the boot bigger than a shoe box. Ace little thing for zipping around in though.

Racing green - boys car!

british racing green?!?!!?!

no way man!!
as a bmw showroom sales man once advised me, never get one in that colour, they are VERY hard to get rid off coz its one of them colours which not many ppl are interested in!!
and 7k fo that plate n 34k miles is reasonable as minis hold their value. depreciate very little and, road tax for as little as £35 for a year... u cant go wrong!!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I think i've decided on an 56 plate red convertable mini one, but still have a few days left to think about it!

I don't really want the convertable-ness of it, but it's the best priced 2007 registered car I can get at around 10k miles

I bought a BMW Mini Cooper back in 2002 when they first came out... one piece of advice I didnt consider at the time. BMW parts & service is very costly. Its not the immediate cost that you should consider , but the long term costs involved once your car's warranty / extended warranty runs out. Also have a look at the MINI forum for owners commons problems. This is where you will be able to evaluate wether this is the car for you.

I loved my Mini and miss it now.. but I am glad that I now own a more reliable and comfortable ride.

Good luck what ever you decide :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks Miss Money Penny, I've tried to factor all the costs in, but there's always going to be something I suppose!

Was the car particularly uncomfortable? was this for the driver, or passengers or both?

To be honest... the cooper is a sports car therefore it is designed to "feel" the road. It's not a smooth journey car however its not uncomfortable either. I am 5"2 so the car is manageble for me. The driver and front passenger have sound enough space but at the cost of writing off your back seats. Although a four seater car, in reality it is a two seater car as there is virtually no leg space when both front seats are occupied.

This car is great for a run round town car for singles and couples alike.... however long term this car will burn you out in many factors. A Mini is in a league of its own... and in all fairness I'm glad to admit I was once one a proud owner!

girl car fo sho!

get rx-8

Original Poster

magicbeans;3636409

girl car fo sho!get rx-8

It's cool, I've decided to give up telecoms and become a hairdresser :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821055
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313