Groups

Anyone got a Popcorn Hour player?

Currently have a WD player but thinking of upgrading.

Only uses it will get is for Torrents & playing avi movies

Any comments on ease of use,torrent client and suchlike,I am assuming it has not got wifi built in and I have to buy the add on thing?

8 Comments

From what i've read it might be overkill for playing .avi's, doesn't your WD player do that?

Popcorn Hour is good for MKV files and streaming blu-rays etc.

Don't know about torrents, i would just dl to pc then stream from there, not entirely sure of the benefit to dl straight to the PCH. i'm sure there probably is one that someone more in the know will point out though!!

You could try DivX player, you can get a free download off their site, I use it and it's very good

Banned

boothy how much would you be looking at for your WD player?

You can get torrents on your WD player.
    You just need to use a modified firmware and a USB network adaptor.

Original Poster

drumbeat J;5962698

You could try DivX player, you can get a free download off their site, I … You could try DivX player, you can get a free download off their site, I use it and it's very good

?????

bykergrove;5962707

boothy how much would you be looking at for your WD player?

not selling yet,will create a thread when I do
    Jetpac;5962874

You can get torrents on your WD player.You just need to use a modified … You can get torrents on your WD player.You just need to use a modified firmware and a USB network adaptor.

too much hassle,ideally want something with a built in HD as well,thanks

The torrent client Azureus 'Vuze' can send torrents to your PS3 or Xbox if it's in the same network. Maybe an idea?

Original Poster

drumbeat J;5964453

The torrent client Azureus 'Vuze' can send torrents to your PS3 or Xbox … The torrent client Azureus 'Vuze' can send torrents to your PS3 or Xbox if it's in the same network. Maybe an idea?

dont have either but thanks

Original Poster

anyone actually have one?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047072
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?44
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767134

See more discussions