Anyone got an Alpaca duvet?

Posted 11th Oct
I was looking to get a Hungarian Goose down duvet but came across really good reviews for Alpaca duvets.

Anyone here tried one? Are the reviews as good as they say?

I like the fact that they are more breathable than down, I don't mind a bit of extra weight.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
I love mine. Very snug without over bearing heat
On a side note, I drive past a nearby alpaca farm. First time I saw them I thought someone had spiked my drink
DanSpaghetti11/10/2019 13:04

I love mine. Very snug without over bearing heat

Is it the all season one? As I've heard the clip together ones can be a pain.
I've got a Baavet duvet and pillow for my son and he really rates it. Bought a reduced underweight bargain box winter one and has been good for the whole year. The claim is that the regulate better than goose down etc.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 11th Oct
All season one. Which duvet are you looking at?
Bigfootpete11/10/2019 13:28

Is it the all season one? As I've heard the clip together ones can be a …Is it the all season one? As I've heard the clip together ones can be a pain.

All season one. Which one you looking at if you don’t mind me asking.
DanSpaghetti11/10/2019 13:38

All season one. Which one you looking at if you don’t mind me asking.

I think the poster means the duvet which come in 2 separate parts. You have a 4.5 tog duvey for summer use.. and then a 10.5 tog duvet for spring/ autumn.

When the weather gets really chilly in winter, you take both the summer and spring/autumn duvet and button them together forming a single duvet which combined has a tog rating of 10.5+4.5.

Get it?
samwants2save11/10/2019 14:19

I think the poster means the duvet which come in 2 separate parts. You …I think the poster means the duvet which come in 2 separate parts. You have a 4.5 tog duvey for summer use.. and then a 10.5 tog duvet for spring/ autumn.When the weather gets really chilly in winter, you take both the summer and spring/autumn duvet and button them together forming a single duvet which combined has a tog rating of 10.5+4.5. Get it?

No I understood that I meant brand/make they were eyeing up as
Definitely better sleep with wool duvet than down for me. We bought all ours from soakandsleep.com
Some very good deals when you combine cashback and their sale discount codes.
senukas11/10/2019 17:59

Definitely better sleep with wool duvet than down for me. We bought all …Definitely better sleep with wool duvet than down for me. We bought all ours from www.soakandsleep.comSome very good deals when you combine cashback and their sale discount codes.

That doesn't mention Alpaca? Is it normal sheep's wool?
Bigfootpete11/10/2019 18:56

That doesn't mention Alpaca? Is it normal sheep's wool?

Don't be a sucker for marketing tricks, sheep's wool is as good for duvet as alpaca's
I have a pure wool duvet, its quite thin, lightweight and excellent all season! I bought it from Dunhelm.
senukas11/10/2019 19:51

Don't be a sucker for marketing tricks, sheep's wool is as good for duvet …Don't be a sucker for marketing tricks, sheep's wool is as good for duvet as alpaca's

According to these people it's as good as cashmere, certainly not the same as wool though.

outdoors.stackexchange.com/que…ool
Ringfinger11/10/2019 13:18

On a side note, I drive past a nearby alpaca farm. First time I saw them I …On a side note, I drive past a nearby alpaca farm. First time I saw them I thought someone had spiked my drink

Tut tut. Don't drink and drive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants