Anyone got an HP Compaq 615?

3 replies
Found 9th Oct 2009
Have a problem with this laptop.

The touchpad has stopped working. It doesn't show up in the Mouse properties either.
Have reinstalled the drivers, but before I send it back to HP i'm just wondering if there is an on/off button for the touchpad somewhere?

The actual laptop is in Spain, so I can't see it from here!!

If anyone has this laptop and could confirm if there is the button for the touchpad or not please. From what I can see online it would appear that it doesn't, but would like confirmation from someone who can have a look at an actual laptop.

3 Comments

I have a HP laptop although not the same model as yours, and my sister has a compaq which is identical and both of us have a small button which is situatied on the surround of the touchpad in the top middle. Has a blue light to show its active and a red light when de activated.

Not sure if this will help but as you have had a lack of any other response might be of use.

Original Poster

MFewings;6525160

I have a HP laptop although not the same model as yours, and my sister … I have a HP laptop although not the same model as yours, and my sister has a compaq which is identical and both of us have a small button which is situatied on the surround of the touchpad in the top middle. Has a blue light to show its active and a red light when de activated. Not sure if this will help but as you have had a lack of any other response might be of use.

Cheers. Pretty sure this model doesn't have the button.
If you do turn it off, I'm guessing it still shows up in Mouse properties in the control panel though yeah?

Adam2050;6525250

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06a/321957-321957-64295-3955548-3955548-3958411.htmlDoesn't look it has one.Some models do. Mine did before it broke.

Yeah I don't think it does. Oh well, back to HP it will have to go.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return11
    2. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11
    4. Credit Card Debt Question...66

See more discussions