Anyone got an upright dyson - 5 mins of your time please, need help

6 replies
Found 18th Oct 2010
As subject really.
I have a dyson dc 14 upright and sounds daft but never noticed before, when it's plugged into mains, in the not quite upright position, ie at a slight angle as if to clean, does the brush bar spin or not?

Obviously cos of the position of the brush bar when in use you normally cannot see but just tried now, with the dial at the front set to off (back) off (middle) or on (front) and no matter the dial won't spin

Just rung them, and arrange for an engineer's visit since still in warranty but just curious.....

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Mine (DC25 i think) won't spin unless the upright is pulled back as if to clean

Banned

My DC33 spins except when upright, or the spinner is turned off.

Original Poster

Goonieman

Mine (DC25 i think) won't spin unless the upright is pulled back as if to … Mine (DC25 i think) won't spin unless the upright is pulled back as if to clean

Excellent thank you for the really quick response.
That is what the really helpful lady at Dyson said, and she suggested the engineer come out.
Having just checked the Dyson Knowledge Base it does sound like it is seized

Original Poster

Sorry Vibeone, you replied as i was replying, so, thanks for the quick reply too, much appreciated

2 likes given out
Edited by: "boydent999" 18th Oct 2010

Banned

the band has probably snapped. about £2 to replace (ebay 260678096899)

2 minute job to replace

Banned

boydent999

Sorry Vibeone, you replied as i was replying, so, thanks for the quick … Sorry Vibeone, you replied as i was replying, so, thanks for the quick reply too, much appreciated2 likes given out

eh? cant even see a vibeone response in this thread
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247671
    2. Netflix - UHD - £3/m33
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769609
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1115

See more discussions