Anyone got any advice?? Not recieved an item and paypal are rubbish!!! lol

Hi guys, does any one have any advice on what I can do?? Ive written to trading standards, but so far nothing!!

Before Christmas on November 17th I ordered a 'Zombie Ed' Figure from sean of the dead produced by cult classics. I bought this online from a shop called 'The Who' on their website- whoblackpool.com/. I paid for it through paypal. After not recieving anything for 2 weeks I emailed them and recieved a response telling me the one they had was very damaged so they sent it back and were expecting another one in the next delivery and they would let me know.

They never did let me know so after another week I e-mailed again and recieved no reply. So I rang and they told me the same thing. I again recieved no further news, and so the week before christmas I e-mailed asking for my money back, Still no answer. So after christmas I opened a paypal dispute and they then rang me and told me they could not give me a refund through paypal because I had opened a dispute and if I cancelled the dispute then they could refund me. after checking paypal this of course was not the case, paypal warn against cancelling the dispute until a full refund has been recieved.

So I escalated the dispute to a claim meaning that unless they have proof that they have sent me the item, I get a full refund. The shop then sent me an envelope by recorded delivery with a reciept inside and gave the tracking number to paypal, therefore providing 'proof' they sent the item even though they didnt.

During all this I found out that the item was NEVER MADE. It was planned but never released, meaning that 'The Who' sold me an item that they never had and they lied to me when they told me that first one they had was damaged.

Today- 31st Jan 09, Paypal have closed the dispute and said that 'The Who' provided a tracking number and therefore provided proof of postage, even though of course they only sent me an envelope with a reciept.

Loads of other people seem to have had this too!! - reviewcentre.com/rev…tml

Sorry for the essay lol!! Anyone got any advice??

Cheers guys! xx

13 Comments

I would try and make a claim through the bank

also if you kept the envelope that would be your evidence that it could not contain the item ordered...

have you contacted the seller by phone?

Banned

Firstly report it to trading standards and the police for fraud. Did you keep the enevlope, if so scan it and send it to paypal and get them to re-open the dispute with new evidence. The postage for a standard letter will be first class pluss 72p recorded charge. If there was an item posted the charge should of been more with the weight on the envelope.
The envelope is key here and can prove you were only sent a letter............If no joy with paypal, they should re-open with new evidence, charge back through your CC.

Original Poster

Yeah, I've rang a few times and no answer, rang today and asked why they did all this and the girl said she was apparently then cleaner?! Lol. No reply to emails either!!

If you know anyone in Blackpool,send them around to persuade them that it would be prudent to refund you.

WHO • 67 Victoria Street • Blackpool • FY1 4RJ

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4242790

Firstly report it to trading standards and the police for fraud. Did you … Firstly report it to trading standards and the police for fraud. Did you keep the enevlope, if so scan it and send it to paypal and get them to re-open the dispute with new evidence. The postage for a standard letter will be first class pluss 72p recorded charge. If there was an item posted the charge should of been more with the weight on the envelope. The envelope is key here and can prove you were only sent a letter............If no joy with paypal, they should re-open with new evidence, charge back through your CC.

Great thanks!!! Will paypal reopen then if I scan the envelope? I have got in contact with paypal saying that I can send this photo into them so fingers crossed theyll re open!!

Will the police really get involved? And what part of what theyve done is fraud?

TYhanks for your advice!!

Banned

sorcha_a;4242830

Great thanks!!! Will paypal reopen then if I scan the envelope? I have … Great thanks!!! Will paypal reopen then if I scan the envelope? I have got in contact with paypal saying that I can send this photo into them so fingers crossed theyll re open!! Will the police really get involved? And what part of what theyve done is fraud?TYhanks for your advice!!

Yes they will re-open, keep on until they do. Obtaining money by deception, they took your money for something that did not exist, and told paypal they had delivered the item, when infact they deliberately avoided doing so............

Yes you can re-open a paypal despute.

Of course this is a case of fraud. You bought something from someone they never had and they blatantly lied about it being sent - the fact that item has never been manufactured is the evidence! As well as your paypal info, the letter etc.

I'd keep on at paypal, and try your local police too.

How much did you pay for this non-item?

Well done Paypal....

emasu;4242876

Another unhappy customer here also: … Another unhappy customer here also: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/303390/website-not-sent-item-and-not-refun/

They are one and the same.

Original Poster

I paid £20.94. Not much to alot of people and probably nothing to a company like them, But im a student! That pays for like 2 weeks of food at least for me lol.

Thanks for your help guys, I certainly will keep on going til I get somewhere!!!

Hi there,

Just wondering if you had any updates on this case?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions