Anyone got any discount codes for car hire in spain

Found 13th Aug 2012
we need to hire a car in spain in a few weeks and wondered whether anyone had any codes
Community Updates
19 Comments
Is it better to buy online?
Get up to 20% off Car Rentals on hertz.com CDP Code: 1936796
Banned
Give autoraisen a try. Just had a focus for 7 days fully comp and unlimited mileage for 152 euros (ie just under £120)
This link for Holiday Autos will give you a 20% ish reduction on their standard rates. If you book before 16th for a rental period after 1st Sept you can get a further 15% off using discount code HAAUG15.

1-8th Sept pickup Gerona Airport - 2 Door small hatchback is coming in at £60 for the week.

This company seems to be the most popular in Spain, they always seem busy when I pass their desk.

goldcar.es/en/
We've just come back from Spain and used a company called 'Doyouspain'. Would recommend them as they were the cheapest we found and never had any problems with them (altho not as cheap as above for that same week, but defo worth a look) x
hannah19790

We've just come back from Spain and used a company called 'Doyouspain'. … We've just come back from Spain and used a company called 'Doyouspain'. Would recommend them as they were the cheapest we found and never had any problems with them (altho not as cheap as above for that same week, but defo worth a look) x

They are only agents, so you will pay more.
Yes I know and u'd expect them to be cheaper but infact they weren't. We paid £250 for a medium sized 5 door for 2 weeks in the height of the season (26th july-8th August) and knowone else could beat it. Worth a look is all I say x
Banned
Inactive

This company seems to be the most popular in Spain, they always seem busy … This company seems to be the most popular in Spain, they always seem busy when I pass their desk.http://www.goldcar.es/en/

avoid avoid avoid!

the worst of the worst.

beware of nearly all car hire companies operating from spain. They rip you off by charging around €80-120 for petrol when you pick the car up, even if you dont use it all. Goldcar are the worst for it. Also, many people dont realise that collision damage waiver doesnt mean you dont pay anything in the event of an accident. You still have to pay the excess which can be up yo £1500!

The only decent ones I have found which include EDW & CDW and have a fair fuel policy are:-

autoreisen (canaries)

cargest.com (malaga)

Best brokers are:-

economycarhire.com/

Banned
goldcar reviews

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews236975.html

doyouspain arent good either!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews166569.html

autoreisen in comparison

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews100718.html

Economy Car Hire

economycarhire.com/

csiman

avoid avoid avoid!the worst of the worst.beware of nearly all car hire … avoid avoid avoid!the worst of the worst.beware of nearly all car hire companies operating from spain. They rip you off by charging around €80-120 for petrol when you pick the car up, even if you dont use it all. Goldcar are the worst for it. Also, many people dont realise that collision damage waiver doesnt mean you dont pay anything in the event of an accident. You still have to pay the excess which can be up yo £1500!The only decent ones I have found which include EDW & CDW and have a fair fuel policy are:-autoreisen (canaries)http://www.cargest.com (malaga)Best brokers are:-http://www.economycarhire.com/

Fair enough, I don't use car hire companies in Spain, I am just reporting on the busiest desk at my regular Spanish destination, obviously a lot of people use them, they obviously don't realise, or don't care about the CDW / fuel situation.
Banned
Autoraisen gave me a car 3/4 full and just said bring it back 3/4 full. In fact it was nearer full than it was 3/4 and it came back dead on 3/4 - so they gave me free fuel!

They didn't even check the car out as half feared and try to pin the slight dinks on the driver door that were the when I picked up but not logged.

They were very good.... I even had a thread when it was booked to ask if they were ok and the feedback was 100% positive. You do need to prebook though.

Banned
Inactive

Fair enough, I don't use car hire companies in Spain, I am just reporting … Fair enough, I don't use car hire companies in Spain, I am just reporting on the busiest desk at my regular Spanish destination, obviously a lot of people use them, they obviously don't realise, or don't care about the CDW / fuel situation.

they are busy cos they quote the cheapest prices and the queues are all the people complaining about being charged £100+ for fuel and kicking up a stink

Plus they only have 1 or 2 people on the counter hence 2-3 hour queues just to get your car (I was caught out by them a few years back)

next time you go past, have a listen to all the complaints (can be quite amusing)
Banned
guv

Autoraisen gave me a car 3/4 full and just said bring it back 3/4 full. … Autoraisen gave me a car 3/4 full and just said bring it back 3/4 full. In fact it was nearer full than it was 3/4 and it came back dead on 3/4 - so they gave me free fuel!They didn't even check the car out as half feared and try to pin the slight dinks on the driver door that were the when I picked up but not logged.They were very good.... I even had a thread when it was booked to ask if they were ok and the feedback was 100% positive. You do need to prebook though.

that was canaries wasnt it? I didnt think they operated on the mainland..............oO

I always use autoreisen in the canaries and always had top notch service.
Edited by: "csiman" 14th Aug 2012
Banned
csiman

that was canaries wasnt it? I didnt think they operated on the … that was canaries wasnt it? I didnt think they operated on the mainland..............oO

Dunno... But yeh, it was canaries I booked.
Banned
eilz

has anyone used economycarrentals.com (NOT to be mistaken for … has anyone used economycarrentals.com (NOT to be mistaken for economycarhire.com mentioned above) for Spain before? seems good and any late or out of hours drop off pick ups are inlcuded in the price so no nasty charges, though hard to find reliable user reviews

not that cheap (£106 for 9 days in May - Malaga vs Cargest which was £74)

no mention of fuel policy so could still get stung for £100 of fuel when you pick the car up so best get that confirmed before booking.
csiman

not that cheap (£106 for 9 days in May - Malaga vs Cargest which was … not that cheap (£106 for 9 days in May - Malaga vs Cargest which was £74)no mention of fuel policy so could still get stung for £100 of fuel when you pick the car up so best get that confirmed before booking.

Fair enough, but I can't find any Car Hiring firms in Spain anywhere that allow car hire without paying for a full tank unless of course its less that 3-4 days hire. Unfortunatly cargest don't hire from Alicante region I was looking at.
Give amigoautos a try
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants