Anyone got any or got the know how on how to determine sex of polish bantams?

5 replies
Found 25th Aug 2009
these 3 are bugging me now,i think it may be 2 females one male but theres so many differing ways of sexing them on the net
some say by wattles,some say wait for the crowing! some say by spurs and others by the fluffy hair do
so thought id ask here,bit of a long shot!

5 Comments

Its a nightmare, the only way I was able to determine was by the dominant nature. We had 4 Hens and a Cockeral, didn't have a clue untill he started kicking them about. When they run out of their house in the morning, see if one of them stamps their feet near the others, if any do its a boy!

http://www.sports-mascots.co.uk/BKAM_Sports_Mascot_Bradford.jpg

Original Poster

Celticsun;6110515

Its a nightmare, the only way I was able to determine was by the dominant … Its a nightmare, the only way I was able to determine was by the dominant nature. We had 4 Hens and a Cockeral, didn't have a clue untill he started kicking them about. When they run out of their house in the morning, see if one of them stamps their feet near the others, if any do its a boy!

thanks for that,never had chooks so difficult to sex before:oops:

Mardyass;6110571

thanks for that,never had chooks so difficult to sex before:oops:

Its difficult full stop, after the first time we decided to get them 'at point of lay' they cost a little more but at least you know what your getting otherwise you can end up with a load of Cockerals no hens which means no eggs! lol

Original Poster

remind me as much as i like them not to buy anymore of these at auction lol

knowing my luck theyre 3 cockerels lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …44
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition64694
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions