Anyone got led outdoor soffit downlights

Found 3rd Feb 2015
Looking to get some led soffit downlights for above garage door. Has anyone got them, if so where did you get them.

Probably looking to get some frosted ones so the light is softer and glows.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskOutdoorGame of Thrones
7 Comments
I sure I seen them in screwfix catalogue? I wonder if people use wooden decking lights or the stair button lights you can't get? I'm thinking of using kitchen / bathroom lights with led bulb possibly with a dimmer switch to adjust brightness.
wayners

I sure I seen them in screwfix catalogue? I wonder if people use wooden … I sure I seen them in screwfix catalogue? I wonder if people use wooden decking lights or the stair button lights you can't get? I'm thinking of using kitchen / bathroom lights with led bulb possibly with a dimmer switch to adjust brightness.

Will take a look, I would like a dimmer too to turn the light down if it is too focused to give more of a glow
I've used this website in the past for led downlights: savemoneycutcarbon.com/cat…ts/ really helpful as well, you can actually speak to someone!
Our neighbour has and everybody hates them we have no street lights and they dazzle everywhere. Causing people to beep in anger at 3 in the morning when driving past. Waking everybody up.
barrel24

Our neighbour has and everybody hates them we have no street lights and … Our neighbour has and everybody hates them we have no street lights and they dazzle everywhere. Causing people to beep in anger at 3 in the morning when driving past. Waking everybody up.

Surely they must be fitted in to the fascia boards to blind anybody, if they are fitted to the soffit boards, they should not cause a problem.

It looks like they are fitted to the underside of the fascia boards. They may have used an led strip but the LEDs are about 15 cm apart so maybe not. It is a new build extension with brilliant white doors and soffit fascia etc so it may be a reflection. Either that or they may have used the wrong voltage converter (hopefully they burn out) either way they are too bright. Chatting to somebody in the shop apparently the council have served a cease and desist letter or something and they have 30 days to remove them. I can't see it being a problem aslong as they are fitted properly. The garage door does seem taller than usual so it may also be the viewing angle.
Good to know, I am not keen on it being too bright as I just want a glow. I have seen some JCC FireGuard LED10 downlights, they are expensive but are LED and are dimmable too which allows for that flexibility.

I can get them for around £35 a shot and need 3, something to look into.

I will also require a timer dusk/Photocell so they come on when its dark for a set amount of hours.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants