Anyone got Sky Broadband?

What's it like? I'm with AOL at the moment & wonder if the service is good on Sky?
Thanks

26 Comments

Terrible, If you only browse once in a while then maybe worth it.

shauneco;5031833

I'm not a sky user, but I visit plenty of people houses that have it, and most don't have complaints. Same with all companies you'll find people on both sides of the fence.
[COLOR=#008000]]skyuser.co.uk/ has tons of info.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

shauneco;5031833

:lol: i'm on here most days :whistling: wouldn't it be ok for that? :?

I've been with them for quite a while, had some connection problems initially but haven't had any trouble in the last year at all.

i have been with them for over a year and not had any problems and thats one desktop and 5 laptops running from it!

Original Poster

thanks am looking at the £5 package with phone line rental for £10 as it's cheaper than BT line rental & my AOL broadband :lol:
I've been with AOL for a few years now and have had a few problems with them :whistling:

cheerleader;5031915

thanks am looking at the £5 package with phone line rental for £10 as i … thanks am looking at the £5 package with phone line rental for £10 as it's cheaper than BT line rental & my AOL broadband :lol:I've been with AOL for a few years now and have had a few problems with them :whistling:

That's the one I've got, except I have the inclusive calls package as well.

Am I right in thinking you get free broadband with Sky if you have any sky tv package? (i.e. the plans without phone line rental but just the tv package) ?

If so, I might consider cancelling my AOL broadband as soon as contract ends as I already have a Sky TV package

Ubs;5032032

Am I right in thinking you get free broadband with Sky if you have any … Am I right in thinking you get free broadband with Sky if you have any sky tv package? (i.e. the plans without phone line rental but just the tv package) ?If so, I might consider cancelling my AOL broadband as soon as contract ends as I already have a Sky TV package

there is a free option, if you choose to take up 'sky talk' which is also free. but other wise it is +£5 on which ever package you choose...
£0 Base (2gb)
£5 Mid (8gb)
£10 Max (16gb)

I was on the mid package for over a year and have since dropped down to the free option because my job was at risk, I've been more than happy with it, so kept it

Original Poster

Ubs;5032032

Am I right in thinking you get free broadband with Sky if you have any … Am I right in thinking you get free broadband with Sky if you have any sky tv package? (i.e. the plans without phone line rental but just the tv package) ?If so, I might consider cancelling my AOL broadband as soon as contract ends as I already have a Sky TV package

you can get 2mb free
8mb is £10 without line rental or £5 with line rental that's £10 a month
i pay aol £15 a month at the moment & still have to pay my bt line rental as well so this is definitely cheaper

Original Poster

:x i'm not in an area that's able to get the £5 deal :x they want £17 :shock:

is cable available?

shauneco;5031833

Disagree...

cheerleader;5031860

:lol: i'm on here most days :whistling: wouldn't it be ok for that? :?

yeah same...

rose_cat_jr;5031874

I've been with them for quite a while, had some connection problems … I've been with them for quite a while, had some connection problems initially but haven't had any trouble in the last year at all.

Ive had no problems, had the mid package with them for 11months and had no problems...havent even had one day where theyve been down...even when they were doing work in my area on the lines, it was slow but useable!

If you use Skys own network then its amazing.

If you use Sky Broadband via BT then its not too good.

shauneco;5031833

Disagree.

Lulu'sMammy;5032622

Disagree.

You got sky llm?

Paddy_o_furniture;5032662

You got sky llm?

Yup

Lulu'sMammy;5032691

Yup

I'd have sky or o2, if I didn't get BT broadband free

cheerleader;5031915

thanks am looking at the £5 package with phone line rental for £10 as i … thanks am looking at the £5 package with phone line rental for £10 as it's cheaper than BT line rental & my AOL broadband :lol:I've been with AOL for a few years now and have had a few problems with them :whistling:

[COLOR="Magenta"]Cheerleader telephone aol up they have a offer on £6.99 for 8 meg broadband (unlimited) a free router, and inclusive telephone calls(aol talk) all day and night- it`s a lot cheaper than your £15 your paying now [/COLOR]

cheerleader;5031915

A friend of mine has it with no problems. Phone them and negotiate, she got a discount on the connection fee and half price line rental for the first 6 months :thumbsup:

Original Poster

shacal;5032893

[COLOR=Magenta]Cheerleader telephone aol up they have a offer on £6.99 … [COLOR=Magenta]Cheerleader telephone aol up they have a offer on £6.99 for 8 meg broadband (unlimited) a free router, and inclusive telephone calls(aol talk) all day and night- it`s a lot cheaper than your £15 your paying now [/COLOR]

i phoned aol customer services earlier and was told that the cheapest they could do was £15.99 with a wireless router :?

Original Poster

fireheaven;5033059

A friend of mine has it with no problems. Phone them and negotiate, she … A friend of mine has it with no problems. Phone them and negotiate, she got a discount on the connection fee and half price line rental for the first 6 months :thumbsup:

was that sky or aol?

Been with them over a year now, have all the package, great stuff, no probs at all.

cheerleader;5033431

i phoned aol customer services earlier and was told that the cheapest … i phoned aol customer services earlier and was told that the cheapest they could do was £15.99 with a wireless router :?

[COLOR="Magenta"]if you have been with aol longer than 1 year telephone them again but ask to speak to the cancellation department they will put you straight through ,then say you are thinking about leaving as you can get a better deal elsewhere and ask if they can do you a new offer i did this and now get all for £6.99 [/COLOR]

cheerleader;5033439

was that sky or aol?

Sky and fairly recently too so its worth a try

Original Poster

shacal;5034282

[COLOR=Magenta]if you have been with aol longer than 1 year telephone … [COLOR=Magenta]if you have been with aol longer than 1 year telephone them again but ask to speak to the cancellation department they will put you straight through ,then say you are thinking about leaving as you can get a better deal elsewhere and ask if they can do you a new offer i did this and now get all for £6.99 [/COLOR]

that's exactly what i said to customer services & they told me £15.99 is the best deal i would get as i'm not in a good service area :-(

fireheaven;5034307

Sky and fairly recently too so its worth a try

thanks will give them a call tomorrow :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614060
    2. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/ 4X Q and A & Comments Page1254
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523396
    4. Any Xbox One news today?2356121

See more discussions