Groups

anyone got some ghd straighteners

Banned
    just wondering if the plates are supposed to be a bit springy, never noticed before but they seem to be springy if that makes sense, as in the plates of the ghd

26 Comments

Mine aren't, but they are about 5 years old, so they might have made them springy since then

Original Poster Banned

Charlie&Lola;8437946

Mine aren't, but they are about 5 years old, so they might have made them … Mine aren't, but they are about 5 years old, so they might have made them springy since then

oh dear, maybe they on the way out, its like you can lift the plate a little

Bought some about 6 months ago. They aren't springy.

Original Poster Banned

krazie2004;8437964

Bought some about 6 months ago. They aren't springy.

so when you press the plate they dont move at all

Mine aren't springy. Sorry.

If they are knackered don't fling them out, people are paying £20+ on ebay for broken GHDs, weird but its £20 towards a new set.

you can get them repaired for about £20, the wires came loose on the inside of mine and they fixed them.

Original Poster Banned

only just over the two years to, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

daughter seems to think they always been like this, but i aint to sure

Banned

you bought some cheap tat again ...check out a deals site for some good quality ones

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;8438046

you bought some cheap tat again ...check out a deals site for some good … you bought some cheap tat again ...check out a deals site for some good quality ones

cheeky get, i dont do cheap

so guys when you press on the plates there is no give whatsoever, not even a little, if not sounds like maybe the glue under my plates is coming away, now for the fight with ghd

Banned

dog_cop;8438046

you bought some cheap tat again ...check out a deals site for some good … you bought some cheap tat again ...check out a deals site for some good quality ones

You been straightening out your curlies again DC?

sassie;8438079

cheeky get, i dont do cheap

lmao

Banned

sassie;8438079

cheeky get, i dont do cheap so guys when you press on the plates there is … cheeky get, i dont do cheap so guys when you press on the plates there is no give whatsoever, not even a little, if not sounds like maybe the glue under my plates is coming away, now for the fight with ghd

No :-( GHD repair them cheap don't they or give you good ££££££ of a new pair.

Just checked,

My GF's have no spring in them

Her GHD's dont either

HTH

Original Poster Banned

well, well what do you lot know

just phoned ghd and they are supposed to, they are floating plates

so after all that, off to check prices on ebay - lol

Banned

guv;8438090

You been straightening out your curlies again DC?

guv I use a drop of pledge to polish up ... none of this ghd kak. and the case of the springy plates.. sounds like a bad hair day for sassie me thinks or where there is a pain there is a claim :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;8438164

guv I use a drop of pledge to polish up ... none of this ghd kak. and the … guv I use a drop of pledge to polish up ... none of this ghd kak. and the case of the springy plates.. sounds like a bad hair day for sassie me thinks or where there is a pain there is a claim :w00t:

trust me the only pain they have ever caused was when i sat on them and still have the scars to prove it, not nice, lesson learnt, always put ya draws on before straightening hair

Banned

sassie;8438182

trust me the only pain they have ever caused was when i sat on them and … trust me the only pain they have ever caused was when i sat on them and still have the scars to prove it, not nice, lesson learnt, always put ya draws on before straightening hair

what you have started wearing draws .. blimey thought you were a commando girl :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;8438203

what you have started wearing draws .. blimey thought you were a commando … what you have started wearing draws .. blimey thought you were a commando girl :whistling:

only whilst straightening me hair

Banned

sassie;8438207

only whilst straightening me hair

singed foo foo .. not good :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;8438214

singed foo foo .. not good :w00t:

burnt ass not good either

mind on second thoughts, neither is burnt material to ya butt either, back to commando then

Banned

sassie;8438219

burnt ass not good either

true .. there again plenty to burn :lol:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;8438226

true .. there again plenty to burn :lol:

and that goes to show, never post ya piccie on an internet forum, another lesson learnt :oops:

Banned

sassie;8438232

and that goes to show, never post ya piccie on an internet forum, another … and that goes to show, never post ya piccie on an internet forum, another lesson learnt :oops:

correct .. or tell lies, make stuff up you know it will come back to haunt you or you will get caught out... CUCKOO:p

Mine's do - you can push each plate in slightly. Got them year past christmas so they're not that old.

Original Poster Banned

kaks26;8438361

Mine's do - you can push each plate in slightly. Got them year past … Mine's do - you can push each plate in slightly. Got them year past christmas so they're not that old.

yeah, ghd have confirmed this for me, never really noticed it before hence why i was a little concerned
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions