Anyone got the Dyson Cool fan? - long term usage?

Posted 10th May
Intrested in the fan as apparently at low setting its fairly minimal noise, I know it gets loud and price tag is expensive.

But what alternative is there I'd imagine dyons compared to a £80 argos would be much louder?

My only concern is what is long term use like? have people had there for 3 years + with no breakages.?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
xtreme12310/05/2020 12:19

Comment deleted

Why feel the need to post that comment? They clearly know how look at reviews, they are asking specific questions and want answers to those from someone who owns the product. A review will not fulfil this purpose.
7 Comments
xtreme12310/05/2020 12:19

Comment deleted

Why feel the need to post that comment? They clearly know how look at reviews, they are asking specific questions and want answers to those from someone who owns the product. A review will not fulfil this purpose.
kilmac10/05/2020 12:34

Why feel the need to post that comment? They clearly know how look at …Why feel the need to post that comment? They clearly know how look at reviews, they are asking specific questions and want answers to those from someone who owns the product. A review will not fulfil this purpose.

Thanks, reviews are so biased in my opinion I swear its getting harder as time goes on to actually get a good reviews, I recently found that there is a such thing as a Quiet mark awards and purchased a meaco fan for £96 instead

quietmark.com/pro…cts

Sort of glad I did not go for the dyson know I feel no matter how good it is I think i would of been negative given the price and furious when it breaks in x amount of time
I’ve had the pure cool (filtering one) for about 4 years now. Had 5 replacements in the first year, 4 for clicking when it oscillated - at each end as it turned back was really annoying, then 1 that worked ok but the oscillating wouldn’t turn off. It’s fairly quiet, the only thing I’d say is when it’s turned off but the plug is on it makes a low drone that does t bother me, but annoys my wife.

I’d point out though that dyson were brilliant with the exchanges and customer service was really helpful.
iang00710/05/2020 14:04

I’ve had the pure cool (filtering one) for about 4 years now. Had 5 r …I’ve had the pure cool (filtering one) for about 4 years now. Had 5 replacements in the first year, 4 for clicking when it oscillated - at each end as it turned back was really annoying, then 1 that worked ok but the oscillating wouldn’t turn off. It’s fairly quiet, the only thing I’d say is when it’s turned off but the plug is on it makes a low drone that does t bother me, but annoys my wife.I’d point out though that dyson were brilliant with the exchanges and customer service was really helpful.

Hmmm thanks, so realistically soon as your 2 years warranty is up it might not be long before it's worthless?
Yeah technically although every time it got replaced dyson extended the warranty and I got a new filter! Touch wood this one has been ok so far!
iang00710/05/2020 17:07

Yeah technically although every time it got replaced dyson extended the …Yeah technically although every time it got replaced dyson extended the warranty and I got a new filter! Touch wood this one has been ok so far!

hmmm my personal opinion would cash in a months time when people are desperate and get something else
maybe look at the queit awards
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions