Anyone got the Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account (£15pm one)?

Found 19th Jan 2012
Hi all.

The main thing I want to check is that if I upgrade to this account I won't be locked into some kind of minimum contract - can I go back to my normal account at any time?

Have been considering upgrading to this account since Halifax introduced the £1 a day overdraft fee but never got round to it as I don't really use my overdraft except maybe for a day or so.
Sometimes, though I have been charged £10 in a month for going in and out of my overdraft. I know you also get £5 credit if you pay in £1000 a month so am thinking to just upgrade and take the added perks - I also want to buy something for £200 using my overdraft and repay it within about 2 months and this is a way I could do it without incurring interest

I wondered how other people have found the account? Like are the mobile phone cover and travel insurance decent?

Thanks x
Community Updates
6 Comments
believe you can cancel unless you have made a claim.
mrtootough

believe you can cancel unless you have made a claim.

Oh really? Sounds like it may get complicated then - I better phone and ask them, just couldn't be bothered with the sales pitch I will likely get
the account is great get it.

no min contract.

travel insurance is free where typically it can cost 15 quid per person per trip.

Mobile phone excess is 100 for iphones up from 50 last year still cracking if you crack you screen etc.

you have a free 300 buffer limit on your overdraft where you dont get charged if you go over its £1 per day upto £2000 and £2 per day upto £5000 after £5000 its £5 a day.

Hopefully that will help you decide but its a no brainer for £180 quid a year plus you get £60 back so its only £120 you get free insurance, free mobile cover and green flag etc.
yes if you claim then cancel they will charge you a pro rata fee of whatever it is you have claimed.

boffle03

the account is great get it.no min contract.travel insurance is free … the account is great get it.no min contract.travel insurance is free where typically it can cost 15 quid per person per trip.Mobile phone excess is 100 for iphones up from 50 last year still cracking if you crack you screen etc.you have a free 300 buffer limit on your overdraft where you dont get charged if you go over its £1 per day upto £2000 and £2 per day upto £5000 after £5000 its £5 a day.Hopefully that will help you decide but its a no brainer for £180 quid a year plus you get £60 back so its only £120 you get free insurance, free mobile cover and green flag etc.

boffle03

yes if you claim then cancel they will charge you a pro rata fee of … yes if you claim then cancel they will charge you a pro rata fee of whatever it is you have claimed.

Thanks very much for the recommendation, I will go for it as long as I will be able to go back to my normal account if I decide to do so later. Will phone them or pop into branch to see what they're saying about downgrading and the charges
you can downgrade i do it each year then 1 month before holiday i reactivate and and get free insurance lol

there are loop holes just try not to claim when exploiting them.

besides when you downgrade they still give you your 5iver a month.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants