Groups

Anyone grown bamboo before

Banned
    Bought some off ebay, its grown but just looks like grass have I been mugged?

16 Comments

Well Bamboo is a kind of grass, If that helps.

Pics

Some botanist's on here might be able to identify.

You've been mugged

i reckon it would have to be well established to get the thicker bit..give it a chance ...your pandas will have to go hungry a little while longer :-D

Original Poster Banned

queenlush;6044511

i reckon it would have to be well established to get the thicker … i reckon it would have to be well established to get the thicker bit..give it a chance ...your pandas will have to go hungry a little while longer :-D

but they're endangered :-( poor things

shauneco;6044480

Well Bamboo is a kind of grass, If that helps.PicsSome botanist's on here … Well Bamboo is a kind of grass, If that helps.PicsSome botanist's on here might be able to identify.

will take some tomorrow

Banned

Some types of Bamboo are invasive, very quickly spread once established.
    Can take a couple of years to get going.
    Black Bamboo spreads quick.
    Do you want some Ive got some very decorative.:santa:
    The bamboos listen (help·info) are a group of woody perennial evergreen (except for certain temperate species) plants in the true grass family Poaceae, subfamily Bambusoideae, tribe Bambuseae. Some are giant bamboos, the largest members of the grass family. Bamboos are the fastest growing woody plants in the world. Their growth rate (up to 60 centimeters (24 in.)/day) is due to a unique rhizome-dependent system, but is highly dependent on local soil and climate conditions. They are of economic and high cultural significance in East Asia and South East Asia where they are used extensively in gardens, as a building material, and as a food source.

There are more than 70 genera divided into about 1,000 species.They are found in diverse climates, from cold mountains to hot tropical regions. They occur across East Asia, from 50°N latitude in Sakhalin through to Northern Australia, and west to India and the Himalayas. They also occur in sub-Saharan Africa, and in the Americas from the Mid-Atlantic United States south to Argentina and Chile, reaching their southernmost point anywhere, at 47°S latitude. Major areas with no native bamboos include Europe and Antarctica.

Admin

Buy a sheep and a panda. If the sheep eats it, you've been mugged

juliet_bravo;6044657

lol it might be a sheep with exotic taste

Banned

dean3988;6044485

You've been mugged

NO Bamboozaled:thumbsup::santa:

juliet_bravo;6044657

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Banned

did you buy any black bamboo seeds, and have you grown from them

Banned

shauneco;6044480

Well Bamboo is a kind of grass, If that helps.PicsSome botanist's on here … Well Bamboo is a kind of grass, If that helps.PicsSome botanist's on here might be able to identify.

Ive just gone and got some leaves from my Bamboo and rolled them
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa Nothing like Grass:w00t::whistling::santa:

Banned

dcx_badass;6044728

I have one next to me, I'll post a pic. Was like 50p from ikea.Here:

:w00t:I think its lovely but dont you think the proportion of vase(milk bottle)to plant is all wrong:p
    LOL

Banned

sassie;6044714

Do you want Black Bamboo ??????:santa:

dcx_badass;6044830

It's stuck in it.

Smash the glass...

Original Poster Banned

sassie;6044714

Yeah i did and bought some giant bamboo seeds too. I don't think the black bamboo has grown though. Black bamboo is so expensive.

Original Poster Banned

pictures

Don't know which is black or giant bamboo or if they are from the same packet, should have labelled them

Think this is grass
    http://www.lumor.co.uk/grass_maybe.jpg

These look like bamboo
    http://www.lumor.co.uk/think this is bamboo.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121
      2. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44