Groups

Anyone had 02 unlock their iPhone 4?

As title says...

11 Comments

yes i done my first one, just fill out the form as normal on O2's website

Original Poster

jasonsowden

yes i done my first one, just fill out the form as normal on O2's website … yes i done my first one, just fill out the form as normal on O2's website

Was it defo an iPhone 4 mate?

How long did it take?

100% iPhone 4 and took 5 days

Original Poster

jasonsowden

100% iPhone 4 and took 5 days

Thank you very much

Did you just get a payg sim with £15 on it and do it that way or through a contract?

only done it as i travel a lot and have ordered a 'couple' of PAYG micro sims for use in other countries! Same as ive always done with phones

how do you do it (call/website), i thought you had to wait a year?

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

how do you do it (call/website), i thought you had to wait a year?

Nah that's tesco who make you wait a year.

You fill in the unlock form on o2's website

Original Poster

the porter

what do vodafone do nowadays anybody know

If you've got an o2 sim get £15 credit on it and you can unlock the iphone 4 whether it's on vodafone, orange or o2. They go by IMEI which doesn't determine which network it's on

ScRiVs

Nah that's tesco who make you wait a year.You fill in the unlock form on … Nah that's tesco who make you wait a year.You fill in the unlock form on o2's website

sorry to be dim, do you have to have £15 credit to fill in that form (and is that just for iphones or any o2 locked phone?)

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

sorry to be dim, do you have to have £15 credit to fill in that form (and … sorry to be dim, do you have to have £15 credit to fill in that form (and is that just for iphones or any o2 locked phone?)

You have to have £15 credit if your on PAYG but if your on contract it's free.

There's a dropdown list for what phone you want to unlock

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I'd like to see proof of that, I very much doubt it, of course they know … I'd like to see proof of that, I very much doubt it, of course they know what networks it on. Networks can only unlock their own phones.

I can't show you proof but I myelf have done it, whether you believe me or not I really don't care.

As long as you type in an o2 phone number in the your phone number box (basically just get an o2 sim and put £15 on it just to do this then scrap it this sim could be in any phone you want as that won't be the one your unlocking, o2 will then text that phone saying it's been unlocked)...THEN type in the IMEI number of your iphone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047124
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2461
      3. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1931
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846375

See more discussions